• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new scssa [bham, al] match-500yd mod. f class 9/19

inalabama

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2007
birmingham, al
Starting 9/19/09 we will be running a 2 x 500 yd modified f class match at scssa in birmingham, alabama [modified as [1] we do not have a pit, [2] shooters will take the 2 sighter shots on 10" steel plates and [3] we shoot all rounds per run & then score all shots]. i am working on getting wind flags for this match [we should have them by the 19th]. the match will be run every other month on the third saturday of the month [it won't conflict with our precision rifle match on the 2nd saturday of each month and should not conflict with the hardrock schedule]. click on the link below for more info. registration process is the same as our precision rifle match, email [email protected] in advance for a shoot time telling me your class and caliber you want to shoot and I will reply with your shoot start time. questions? send me a pm or email, thanks in advance.

http://www.scssa.org/f-class.htm#gen info

Re: new scssa [bham, al] match-500yd mod. f class 9/19

Definitely interested. Do we now have pits for 500 yards? If not, how are the spotters done?

hey there, nope no pits, too expensive to build and no room on range e, we will have a 10" steel plate with 5" center ring between each pair of f class targets, each pair of shooters [1 & 2, 3 & 4, etc] will share a 10" steel plate for the spotter shots, hey with your eyes who needs spotters anyway?

while nra f class rules actually dont allow muzzle brakes <span style="font-weight: bold">[f class is a part of the high power rules-3.16.1 Compensators and Muzzle Brakes - The use of compensators or muzzle brakes is prohibited], </span>you <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">can shoot braked rifles in this match</span></span></span>, i will group the braked rifles together. i want people to be able to shoot and our match is "modified" as we dont have the pits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huckleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in

</div></div>

It's on!

I'm really looking forward to this match. An hours drive to shoot a F class is not too bad.

So am I reading it right, there will be a total of 44 rounds fired?

heydmg264, yes that is correct, the $15 match fee covers 2 x 500, 2 runs [with a break in between to retreive, replace targets] and each run is 22 rounds, 2 sighters [we are using 10" steel plates for the sighters as no pits] and 20 for score in each run, you can shoot in more than one class if you want to,for another match fee, if you want to shoot let me know your full name, caliber and class you plan to shoot in and i will email you the time you will start shooting. thanks

Larry how about a class for barrel burners where you shoot 12 rounds a run for a total of 24 rounds and cut the time down to 12 minutes a run also? Just a thought.

David

hey david you could certainly run a match like that but I am trying to stay as close to nra f class format as possible. we have to score differently [after each set of 20 rounds for score v. after each shot] as we have no pits on our range, so you wana shoot it?

Conflict with another match at the club on that same weekend. Looks like I won't be in on this. I know there are only so many weekends but you are conflicting with another rifle match. I may not be the only one that will have to make a choice!

no problem, i'm glad you will be out there shooting a match

I might be able to make it, I'm going to check my schedule. One more question, can the sighters be shot at any time or do they both have to be shot at the beginning of the run?

you can shoot the sighters any time you want to [you are just limited to 2 + 20 for score], as we do not have a pit sighter shots will be at 10" steel plates [one between each pair of shooters] with 5" center ring,let me know what you decide

Crap I will miss another match ! Just got back from FT. Irwin and now leaving for Iraq so I guess I will see you guys in '10 R/ Mike

Cool Larry, Sign me up. I'm not sure if Andy will make it or not this round.

let me know when you are set and i'll email you a shoot time

Larry how will this thing be scored? Will it be 2 separate matches or a combined score for the two runs? I may have another shooter coming if he can get his new build going this weekend.

David

hey david, my plan is that while the runs are separate so we can change targets between runs the match score will be the combined scores of both runs for the 2 x 500 course of fire. always glad to hear about more shooters,let me know and thanks

Larry,

Let me know if you need some help setting up and during the match. We have our times, but I'd love to help out if I could.

Best,

john~

Hey Larry, I'll try to get there early also to help out with set up.

Mike

Hey there Larry, cant make it to the F-class match but I will have a new batch of the small backers and large backers for you. See you in the morning, gosh I hope my rain dance pays off tomorrow.

hery eric, nice shootin with you today, cya next month and thanks again for those <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-style: italic">beauuuuuuutiful</span></span> target backers

Larry do you think anybody may be interested in some steel targets? I have a few 10" circles and a few square around 10 or 12". All are out of AR500. I may bring a few Saturday.

dmg264-i dont know of anyone looking right now, cya saturday

Larry, no e-mail is good for me. I'm leaving now for the range. You've got my number if anything changes.

Mike

Too much rain for my tastes. Sorry, I'll try the next one.