• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Seekins build need info

justme

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
I picked up a new Seekins Sp223 lower and am very impressed with it.

Would anyone here just happen to know what brand of these parts--- front & rear takedown pins, mag catch, selector, receiver ext tube -(rifle lenght), that Seekins uses in their complete rifles ?

I want these parts to be worthy of this lower and knowing their ( Seekins ) attention to detail, fit and quality am curious as to which ones they use.

I thought about calling them to ask but didn't want to take someone away from their work making these works of art.
THANKS in advance

Pm Glen Seekins, he is a member here and the owner of Seekins. They make their own mag release that matches the ambidextrous bolt release.

Not sure what they use but here is my build for my SP223 I built a few weeks ago. I used BAD-ASS safety selector, Geissele High Speed Match trigger, palmetto state LPK, Colt buffer tube, JP silent captured spring buffer, Magpul PRS stock, and ERGO deluxe grip.
I would say its built better than what Seekins sells but then this lower total cost is over $1000.

Geissele is also on my list.

Were you happy with the fit and finish of the Palmetto parts?

For the few parts I needed out of the Palmetto parts kit yeah so far they work and look okay. Only other quality kit I could find was a Colt LPK from Brownells but for the few parts I needed I could not justify the cost. All I ended up using from the Palemtto kit was the mag latch, takedown pins, and some springs and detents. You can order the Palmetto kit without a trigger group if you plan to use a Geissele trigger.

Here is mine with a JP upper.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Any LPK parts will work, they are all the same.
Just upgrade to a Geissele trigger of choice and a comfy grip and you could not be better off.
No need to agonize over LPK brands.