• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Seekins DBM floorplate

Dick D

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2002
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks
Any time I run across something new that's pretty neat I figure I should comment on it. Glenn Seekins just sent us one of his new DBM floorplates for the AICS magazines and he's figured out how to eliminate that long release lever protruding down from in front of the magazine. Not knocking any of the other designs, as most are made by customers and friends of ours, but the external lever is a bit of a pain in the b--t, always catching on the front of my pants or shirt when I'm moving around. This new Seeking unit has an fully ambidexterous push button release right in front of the trigger guard frame. Darn nice bit of engineering design Glenn, hope you have a pattent pending on it.
Dick

Re: New Seekins DBM floorplate

Thanks Dick, Im glad you like it!

"hope you have a pattent pending on it"

Not to worry
smile.gif

Definitely a nice design and eliminating protruding metal is a top concern for me. So, are they ever going to come out with a shorter AICS magazine for a hunting rifle that does not protrude down so much?
smile.gif
I'd take a 3 round magazine in a heart beat to get a lower profile.

I like Glen's pushbutton design on his WSM metal but it's good to see something that doesn't need a proprietary mag.