• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Seekins Havak Hit Questions

TonyG

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2021
Michigan
I recently bought a Havak Hit in 308 a couple weeks ago. Great shooter, by the way. I can't seem to get an answer from them (by e-mail at least) about when other barrels will become available. Does anyone have any insight on this? I hate to bother them with a phone call. Also, are there any barrel makers, finishers offering this for this particular rifle? I e-mailed PVA, but no reply. I'm not desperate, though, I have a couple thousand rounds of 168 FGMM 308 to get thru! I would just like to try another caliber.

Back before they got so busy that they stopped taking new orders- they had the option to add more barrels to your purchase when you ordered the rifle.... I've only seen a few of the rifles out but at least 2 of those people had an additional barrel- and they share the specs on the barrel (think they call it open source info) so you could get a barrel from any shop willing to do the work.

But they have pretty much shut down the web site to try to catch up, so wouldn't expect an answer from them any time soon- but never know.

Reactions: IdahoRenegade
I actually did get a reply today. They can put in an order for a barrel, but no definite delivery date. Sounds like the Hit really is a hit. I'll probably just wait till things settle down.

I actually did get a reply today. They can put in an order for a barrel, but no definite delivery date. Sounds like the Hit really is a hit. I'll probably just wait till things settle down.
I spoke with them this week and heard the same. They gave me the option to put an order in now, and they would call for payment when the barrel is ready to ship. It might be worth getting on the list now since there is no risk in ordering without up front payment.

You are correct: this thing is definitely a shooter. Mine is in 6.5 Creedmoor. Enjoy the rifle!

Reactions: Average guy
Kind of on topic here. Does anyone know if the barrels/prefits are interchangeable between Seekins actions like Havak Hit Havak PH2 or Havak Element?

Kind of on topic here. Does anyone know if the barrels/prefits are interchangeable between Seekins actions like Havak Hit Havak PH2 or Havak Element?
I'm pretty sure the Hit barrels do not interchange with anything else. I looked at barrels on the Carbonsix web site and they list them as separate items from the other Havak actions.

I recently bought a Havak Hit in 308 a couple weeks ago. Great shooter, by the way. I can't seem to get an answer from them (by e-mail at least) about when other barrels will become available. Does anyone have any insight on this? I hate to bother them with a phone call. Also, are there any barrel makers, finishers offering this for this particular rifle? I e-mailed PVA, but no reply. I'm not desperate, though, I have a couple thousand rounds of 168 FGMM 308 to get thru! I would just like to try another caliber.
I sent an email and received a reply:

Thank you for choosing Seekins Precision! Extra barrels for the HIT are running $400.00 and bolt heads are $100.00. We are still working on lead times as our focus is getting rifles out the door. Because of this an individual barrel may be several months out. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Respectfully,

Justin

Sales Team

Seekins Precision, LLC

159 American Way

Lewiston, Idaho 83501

[email protected]

www.seekinsprecision.com

Great thread. I have been having the same issue. I bought a 6.5 thinking the .308 barrel would be easier to get. Ive got an email and phone call in with no reply as of yet. The thing really does shoot though!

Planning on picking up one of these in 6.5 Creedmore and .308

New to this side of firearms... will the gun need to go back for second barrel to be fit..?

Bought a rifle with a 6.5 PRC barrel, called and ordered 6.5CM barrel and bolt. Took about a week to get the bolt and 3 weeks for the barrel.

Reactions: wade2big
Tagging on to this thread - anyone know if you can drop a Havak HIT action into a different stock (say you wanted to run it lighter with a lighter barrel)? Emailed Seekins a moment ago; will certainly post here once they reply.

Last edited:
Afraid not. The Hit bottom is machined flat. Also, the recoil lug is a part of the chassis that the action fits onto. The only reason I know is that after I sent my chassis back to them for evaluation, I tried to see if it would fit my MDT LSS-XL gen 2 chassis. No go. At any rate, Seekins did send me a new chassis. GREAT customer service!
Now I'm just waiting for the barrels to start rolling out.