• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Sentry SLR Gas Block (Pics)

mosquitoshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
So i have been looking for a long time for a CLAMP ON .936 gas block that is adjustable WITH THE SCREW SECURED. In other words, i know JP has a clamp on adjustable but i dont like having to use loctite. Plus, it is not real low profile. So, last week when SLR came out with their new "Sentry" gas blocks, i bought one. They are a little more money but well worth it. Check out the pics. This thing is tiny. .936 clamp on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Very cool they're finally on the market, looks like I'm going to have to get several for my JPs. The stainless set screws in the JP blocks can be a total pain if you need to readjust them if you change loads; the loctite plus some carbon buildup really sticks them in place...

Last edited:
I just bought a set screw Sentry for my six8 build.... Definitely like the clamp on and they are definitely tiny but went with set screw because I'm not sure what forearm I'm gonna use and didn't want to worry about it fitting but it definitely looks like it would fit under just about anything...

The 3 I ordered for my JPs arrived yesterday; well made, very small & light, simple design that's easy to disassemble and clean if needed, and quick to adjust. Detents are solid and there are 15 positions between fully closed and wide open.

SLR will probably end up selling a bunch of these things.

I'd like to see JP offer them as options on their rifles, they're a *huge* improvement in usability over a loctited setscrew. If JP isn't offering them when I order my next LRP-07 I'll ship them one to use.

Last edited:
I will have to pick one of these as well. I was looking at the JP model, but this is much smaller. Why is the clamp on better than the set screw model?

Ryan

Shot 200 rounds through my lrp-07 in .260 ", thing works great, much better than the jp gas block my gun came with