• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing New service announcement: Conversion from Sako to M16 extractor for Remington "M" type bolts.

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    New LRI service announcement:
    We can now retrofit Remington M700-type bolts fitted with Sako extractors to M16 style. This is available with single or dual ejectors.

Can this be done to a nitrided defiance deviant bolt? My 223 bolt with the sako extractor drops cases in the ejection port sometimes and it's annoying during a match.

Hold up... you thread the bolt nose recess, and screw / glue (jb weld??) In a new one ?

Not saying that's bad, I'm saying that's an interesting way of doing it.

Dual ejectors.. because fuk you ever finding your brass again... 10ft throwing into a grassy knoll.

Hold up... you thread the bolt nose recess, and screw / glue (jb weld??) In a new one ?

Dual ejectors.. because fuk you ever finding your brass again... 10ft throwing into a grassy knoll.
    Quoted from the page.

"By knowing exactly where the part is, machining strategies can be implemented to deliver a true mechanical lock between the bolt body and the extractor bushing. Threading delivers a powerful means of mechanically locking the two parts together. The industry “norm” has been to rely on epoxy, which is very prone to failure. We rely upon low-temperature solder applied with magnetic induction to lock the thread in place. Solder delivers the strongest means of bonding the two parts together permanently so that the insert can never rotate inside the nose of the bolt."

First, read the listing on the store. There is no "glue". It's done with low temp solder and magnetic induction.

Brass: Dual ejectors don't punt brass like a Superbowl kickoff. It just changes the ejection angle so that cases clear bases, rings, scope turrets, etc... Again, it's all explained in the store listing/link.

Over a decade of doing it this way. Never one complaint. I'm not the only shop to ever figure out how to make an M16 extractor install work correctly on a factory M700 bolt. Sniff around the bolt action section of this forum and see for yourself.

Quoted from the page.

"By knowing exactly where the part is, machining strategies can be implemented to deliver a true mechanical lock between the bolt body and the extractor bushing. Threading delivers a powerful means of mechanically locking the two parts together. The industry “norm” has been to rely on epoxy, which is very prone to failure. We rely upon low-temperature solder applied with magnetic induction to lock the thread in place. Solder delivers the strongest means of bonding the two parts together permanently so that the insert can never rotate inside the nose of the bolt."

Thank you.

Reactions: LeftyJason
    It was more about threading the new nose in, rather than a different method.

I do mine differently than yours. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, just an interesting way of approaching it.