• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing new shilen trigger

gknittel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2007
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hey guys... I'm doing my homework and re-reading (one more time) all the info before replacing my Remington 700 factory trigger with a Shilen one... and I came up with this doubt:

In the Remington factory trigger there's a lot of contact between the sear and the trigger (I think you call this "sear engagement").

But in the Shilen trigger the contact between both surfaces is almost edge to edge. There's less contact there than the width of a hair.

I'm posting pictures so you can see what I mean.

I wonder if this is ok. The trigger pull seems ok, I'm just worried because of that small surface contact. I don't know if that's ok because this is my first time replacing a trigger assembly.

Your comments would be very appreciated, as always.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Please note that it's VERY difficult to perfectly align the camera so it points exactly perpendicular to the plane of the trigger, so in fact, there's less contact than what appears on the images. (note that the pictures are out of center, you can tell because the sides of the sear and trigger can be seen as a shadow contour there or as a mirror-like surface that reflects the pixels of the screen used as backlight... damn does that make sense? it's hard to explain in spanish, wich is my language... and even harder in english!!! I hope you get the idea)

Re: new shilen trigger

did you know that Shilen is from Ennis (pronounced Anus) Texas ?

btw.... that the way the sear engagement should look...you're fine.

Re: new shilen trigger

Didn't know that. It's an funny trivia.. I don't know what to say... not sure if you're making fun of them or of me...

"btw.... that the way the sear engagement should look...you're fine." <---- thanks for this!!