• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing New side by side from Gunbroker

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
Just won a Ugartechea Boxlock 12 GA on Gunbroker for $445. I know it's a little risky buying used shotguns from GB but it was a reputable company and I couldn't pass it up at that price. Always wanted a side by side, don't know a whole lot about Ugies other than they are a entry level Spanish gun maker with a lot of history. If anyone knows anything else, let me know,
Once I get her I'll post some pics, can't wait to get it!

As long as its in good shape and still on face you did good, especially if it has ejectors. They make an excellent shotgun, I was into doubles before I got the precision rifle bug. I had an Ugie sidelock for many years. Post up some pics and enjoy the double gun.

This is the only pic I could find of my old Ugie

Oh you poor guy. Your family is condemned to an existence of poverty. Your children will never see college without debt, your wife will never wear mink but you're going to have fun. Now I know that this place is dedicated to precision rifles but good SxSs are the epitome of the of the gunmaker's art. A SxS is to shotguns what a fly-rod is to fishing poles. Here is one of the current importers of Uggies, Ugartechea Shotguns | Ugartechea Upland Classic Guns for Sale. Your gun is probably Anson & Deeley boxlock which is a design from circa. 1875. The reason the design is still around is simply that it is so good. Any Uggie I have seen has chopper lump barrels which is the method of jointing the barrels. It is also the most expensive alternative.

Wyfox's comments are spot on. You will note that the picture is two SxSs with dead birds and a dog. That is what SxSs are about. Post some pics and we can be more specific.

Here are two websites with great info., Shooting Sportsman | The Best of Wingshooting & Fine Guns and The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com - Forums powered by UBB.threads™.

Thanks Quarter Horse, I also spend way too much on fine shotgun magazines longing for fall. I agree they are works of art, can't believe the cost of some of those old guns! I'm super excited to get this thing. I shoot a Browning 725 mostly, sometimes a Maxus, really looking forward to the SXS. Wonder how different it'll be shooting this. Hopefully I'll have her by Monday or so. Nice dog Wyfox! Wild pheasants, right?

Last edited:
Yes Wild birds
Unfortunately "Mac" my old GSP has passed(13yrs old) to pointer heaven.

Another Ugie pic of mine I found

Last edited:
Nice photo, I just lost a lab too, tough deal. The older I get the more I enjoy bird hunting. I'll be taking my 12 year old for the first time this year, can't wait.