• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sierra Game Changer line

Interesting. May have to try these on deer this fall...

Bugs Bunny knew the definition.

2f4fr1.jpg

Interesting to see how they stack up against the ELDX line. My bullet drawer is becoming more red than green now with hornady’s improvements?

Would be cool to see it loaded into a factory offering like the eldx is.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
I've been wanting to try a 130gr 6.5 in my 260. Was just about to pull the trigger ordering Hornady 130 ELD-M's. Waiting for more info on these Sierras.

Greg

Reactions: Badfinger
Just ordered some of the 90gr 6mm's. We shall see how it performs on NC whitetail and yotes

Did any of you 25-06 guys notice that their 90g polymer tipped blitzking is at 388 BC? Have this one and Hornady’s 110 ELDX coming off the back burners for testing this fall. Should be able to get that 90 up to 3400 pretty easy. Make Wiley look like a Rorschach’s test????

Yes. In a moment of clarity, I deleted the Game Changers from my Midway wish list, put the 130 ELD-M's back on, and added the 260 Rem 130gr ELD-M ammo, too.

Maybe I missed it, but I still haven't seen word one about the Game Changers dealing with the tip melt issue.

Got to hold and wait and make sure I'm not just doing the Ole Knee Jerk.

Greg

Photos with the tips removed. 168 TMK (.308) rear, 130 TGK center, 130 eld-m front. Both Sierra bullets seem to be very similar though the TGK appears to have a thicker jacket. Sans tips, the Sierra and Hornady bullets are identical in length.

Any other updates on these? I'm interested in trying the 90 grainers in a 243 Win. The BC is at least advertised better than the upcoming 90 ELD-X which is not available yet as far as I have been able to find. And the price is also noticeably less than the Hornady. This only seems to be the case on the 6mm.

I just developed a load for the 90gr TGKs in an extremely slow 6 Creed. It is a Proof Carbon barrel and it is extremely picky. There are more bullets it doesn't like than it does. I did get the 90TGKs to shoot relatively easily in this picky barrel. Shot out to 793 and the BC seemed to be true.
Awesome! What is your twist rate?

Sierra has always been a great choice but I think they are stepping up their game. Those are some tight groups in those photos guys. Nicely done.

Cool. Well I'm a little unsure about using these in a 1:10 twist but I'm going to give it a try. I've seen several mixed reviews on these as to whether they'll work in a 10 twist or not. I've got a factory 243 Win in tikka t3x (10 twist) I'm going to give them a try in. I'll let you all know if they work. If not I'll probably be going with the Berger 95 grain classic hunters or the 90 grain ELD-X which according to Hornady is being "run" right now so I expect to see them for sale in the next several weeks. I typically default to Hornady bullets on my rifles and have one rifle I shoot Bergers, but these just seem like a great option for a 243 assuming they'll stabilize. I can't get over the BC but then again that may inhibit my ability to shoot them in this rifle.

Cool. Well I'm a little unsure about using these in a 1:10 twist but I'm going to give it a try. I've seen several mixed reviews on these as to whether they'll work in a 10 twist or not. I've got a factory 243 Win in tikka t3x (10 twist) I'm going to give them a try in. I'll let you all know if they work. If not I'll probably be going with the Berger 95 grain classic hunters or the 90 grain ELD-X which according to Hornady is being "run" right now so I expect to see them for sale in the next several weeks. I typically default to Hornady bullets on my rifles and have one rifle I shoot Bergers, but these just seem like a great option for a 243 assuming they'll stabilize. I can't get over the BC but then again that may inhibit my ability to shoot them in this rifle.

It seems like they would work. I say this because I used to shoot the 105 amax in a 10 twist 243 and they worked fine at 1000Y.

Reactions: archangel485
I think the name "game changer" is a little too much hype. Nothing about this bullet screams "game changer"!

The 90 grain 6mm bullet for the 25 cent price and a .490 bc seems like a slam dunk in a 6mm br. The 95 tmk bullet is 7cents more and has a bc of .5. Hmm I wonder which one would blow up a prairie dog better?

The 90 grain 6mm bullet for the 25 cent price and a .490 bc seems like a slam dunk in a 6mm br. The 95 tmk bullet is 7cents more and has a bc of .5. Hmm I wonder which one would blow up a prairie dog better?

Probably the TMK if it has a thinner jacket and will probably disintegrate faster in such a small animal. Of course you will have to test both and report back on your findings.

Reactions: Codiekfx400
Interested to see that bullet. I had less than stellar results with ELD-X this year; one bounced off a rib and then grenaded off the inside of the sternum, and the second shot passed through the heart, out the other side, striking a leg as it went, without opening up at all. The first (grenaded) one weighed 97grs (of a 140gr bullet) and was found buried against the opposite side hide. The doe would have bled out eventually (she sat down, and her chest cavity was filling with blood), but it would have taken a while. I just put a second shot into her to end it quickly.

Sierras are on my list as a replacement. The ELD-X acted too much like the SST's of old (erratic performance on game).

BTW, it was a large doe that dressed out over 150lbs, so it should have been big enough/wide enough for the round to expand and do it's job. Even at 265yds.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Well I did some load development. Haven't shot anything past 100 yards so far but initial groups look very promising that this is stabilizing in my 1:10 twist barrel. These are the 90 grainers for those who didn't see my earlier post. Both groups are about 0.5" at 100 yards. Not bad for a factory rifle in my opinion. Aiming at the tip of the triangle in both cases, so hitting about 3/4" low, but I've since adjusted that out. I'll try some longer ranges and see how the BC holds up.

Attachments

• IMG_20181110_101226.jpg
    IMG_20181110_101226.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20181110_101223.jpg
    IMG_20181110_101223.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 109
Interested to see that bullet.
Well, not a fair evaluation as the bullet took a turn up into the spine and blew spine completely in half. Found the chunk of lead in off side shoulder just under hide. A lot of small pieces I wasn’t able to gather. Looks like when it hit spine it handgrenaded in all that bone. Anyways, here is what I was able to find.
38AF6491-8C98-486C-8C42-CCE39C0A175A.jpeg
BD877DFA-19A9-428A-8F34-30D288FA3E04.jpeg
82E0D07D-C3B3-46DC-8011-C773DAB5238F.jpeg

So basically exactly like every game king Ive recovered does lol

Im fine with it, makes for some spectacular headshots on pigs but doesnt give you the chance for a double. Great for white tail

Shot a 5" group at 500 yards. I think that's respectable for a factory rifle. I also have no concerns about stability in this barrel at this point as dope was perfect. Good to see some results on game as well, I appreciate that info from @Steelnecktie and the pictures. Seems Sierra has a good thing going here.

Reactions: Steelnecktie
I’ve shot two deer with the 130 in a creedmoor. 410 and 499 yards. Bullets have blown up and complete jacket/lead seperation. Sucks ass at that distance, I would imagine closer would be worse.
5405F959-5442-4762-A731-FFA0D13643AB.jpeg