• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig 226 X-Five

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
This is easily nicest "production" gun I have ever shot.
The trigger is absolutely phenominal and averages 2.45#.
The reset measure 1/8".
The slide feels like its rolling on ball bearings its so smooth. The safety is MUCH stiffer than the one that comes on the Legion SAO's and I much prefer this one.
The grip feels really good in the hand.

Cons (ish)
Its very heavy which is good and bad.
I would much prefer a flat trigger to the curved one.
Its cut for a Deltapoint Pro instead of a Trijicom rmr.

20221014_113755.jpg
20221014_113738.jpg

Reactions: Fig
German made XFives went through the roof when SIG Germany stopped production.
Hopefully the faithful will continue good reviews?
-Richard

Might be hard to find but the German X5 Supermatch had a flat trigger option you could buy separately and install. That's assuming (and it's a big assumption) that the US SIG uses an equivalent trigger. The price could be insane though, Sig Germany made .22 LR conversion uppers for these, one recently went for almost $3k on gunbroker.

ru-xfive-supermatch.gif

The safety on the US model is interesting because it looks like it has a larger shelf than the German version, and that's frequently one of the complaints on them that the safety is hard to activate. The new ones also have an external extractor and that was one thing the German models had issues with was breaking internal extractors, so that could be an improvement.

I haven't compared one of the new USA ones but own a couple of the German versions and they embarrass anything SIG USA has ever made. The US P210's are nice, but not on the same level of the German ones, I suspect these are the same, but still much nicer than their normal offerings.

It's ridiculous that Sig has not adopted a plate system for their optics like just about every other manufacturer has, but I get it, they want to force people into buying their optics, when the Legion and P320 X-fives first came out they only fit the Romeo 1 optic and it's footprint was unique to them.

I made a discovery. Its actually tapped for both rmrs AND dpp footprints

If you're going to mount an RMR to that cut, I would suggest a spacer plate. I've had a number of the multi cut Sig slides break screws with RMRs off because the optic isn't supported from forward movement except by the screws.

Reactions: wvfarrier
If you're going to mount an RMR to that cut, I would suggest a spacer plate. I've had a number of the multi cut Sig slides break screws with RMRs off because the optic isn't supported from forward movement except by the screws.
Folks have commented with similar results on my video as well.

I had a German X-5 that I sold awhile ago. It was a super nice pistol that was such a pleasure to shoot. I just never shot it enough to justify keeping it when people were offering stupid money for it.

Congrats on the gun. Looks sharp and no doubt a shooter.