• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New SIG .22LR pistols

Mustafa

Major League Analyst
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
New Braunfels, TX
Anyone seen or had any experience with the new SIG .22LR pistols? I saw one yesterday at a gunstore in Utah that another customer was taking to the range. He had the P229 model and I was told that the store can order the P226 model as well for about $500. Since I carry a P226 in .40, I was thinking it could be a great training tool to get one in .22LR since ammo is getting so expensive. Same make and model so the interface is the same, but I can shoot a lot more rounds for the same price. I like to dry fire (the price is right!) but its nice to have the reassurance of holes in paper to tell me I"m doing it right!
So, does anyone else have any experience with these? Any thoughts? Worth the coin?

Re: New SIG .22LR pistols

Well, I just picked up a new Sig Mosquito today at a local funshop for $350. Seems like a really nice rimfire and I liked the controls/grip better than the Walther P22 (same price). Now my only question is which can to put on it as I got the threaded barrel model....
smile.gif

call sig they are selling 22lr upper halves for 300 i believe, last i saw buds guns was selling sao p220 with a coupon to purchase a 22lr barrel kit for 200, should have bought one but didnt. hope that helps

Bought the 229 (would have gotten it in 226 if they were in stock) in 22LR, had problems feeding any ammo. 4th round always jammed. Returned to Sig, returned with a new clip. Haven't had a chance to shoot it since. I bought it back in January and it only came with 1 clip...WTF!!!

Had an Mosquito before the 229 and sold it, too ammo particular.

Typically the Mosquito is a more expensive toy than the P22. I prefer the feel of the Mosquito to that of the P22 but both work ok...
I think you would be better off with a Ruger or Buckmark...I primarily use a YHM Stainless Mite on a pistol...

I shot one a couple of weeks ago. the owner said it liked some ammo better than others. the ammo we had would miss feed and jamb every so often. reminded me of my 22 cal AR. I did like the gun overall..... Some things I didnt like about it were do to the fact I have always been a 1911 guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gafferq2xl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bought the 229 (would have gotten it in 226 if they were in stock) in 22LR, had problems feeding any ammo. 4th round always jammed. Returned to Sig, returned with a new clip. Haven't had a chance to shoot it since. I bought it back in January and it only came with 1 clip...WTF!!!

Had an Mosquito before the 229 and sold it, too ammo particular. </div></div>All of the sig two-step guns that we have recieved only come with one mag,even before they went to one mag on all of their classic series pistols.Even now that they switched back to two mags with handguns the two-steps still only come with one.

I personally have a 226 22lr and it likes mini-mags and federal auto-match.

These guns will run fine you just have to find which ammo it likes and they usually need a sjight break-in period.