• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

***NEW*** Silencer Shop Exclusive 3" Ruger MK-IV 22/45 SSH (Silencer Shop Host)

FuhQ

Unreconstructed
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2013
    Your Wife's Pussy
    Anybody else seen these new @Silencer Shop exclusive 3” (1" dia. bull) Ruger MK IV 22/45 SSH (shorty) suppressor host pistols from @Silencer Shop ? They just released them on Thursday...I ordered mine around noon. They’ve been teasing them for months, so I had to buy one when they finally dropped. They're even etched with the Silencer Shop logo.

Mine came in today, so I went to the range and picked it up. Had to test it out, so I took the Mask HD with me, and put 100 CCI SV’s through it, and it ran perfect. No sights, and was hitting challenge tree gongs at 10 yards about 5/10 times. Not a great ratio, but considering this thing doesn’t even have iron sights on it, not bad for instinctual shooting.

IMG_8168.jpegIMG_8165.jpegIMG_8167.jpegIMG_8166.jpeg

Looks cool to me. What optic are you planning on running?

Then why even comment?

You posted a thread. I guess looking for positive reinforcement?

Whats new though? What does this do that hasn't been duplicated time and time again?
    I guess the silencer shop logo and a 3 inch barrel?

Looks very tactical.

You posted a thread. I guess looking for positive reinforcement?

Whats new though? What does this do that hasn't been duplicated time and time again?
    I guess the silencer shop logo and a 3 inch barrel?

Looks very tactical.
    Reinforcement? No. Sharing in case anyone else might be interested in getting one. I’ve been wanting a 22/45 for years, but the longer barrels + the can was a turnoff for me. I was (still am) looking at getting one of the super-short custom uppers built for it, where the barrel threads start at the receiver, so with the can, the whole gun is the size of a 6” barrel version.

What’s new? A factory-offered 3” threaded barrel that is a true 1” in diameter (the same size as most all rimfire cans) for a sleeker look… Something not previously offered by Ruger. In the past it had to be a custom job. So, buy the gun for $500+, then go pay someone a couple hundred more to cop and thread. This one is only $550 and it’s already done.

Reinforcement? No. Sharing in case anyone else might be interested in getting one. I’ve been wanting a 22/45 for years, but the longer barrels + the can was a turnoff for me. I was (still am) looking at getting one of the super-short custom uppers built for it, where the barrel threads start at the receiver, so with the can, the whole gun is the size of a 6” barrel version.

What’s new? A factory-offered 3” threaded barrel that is a true 1” in diameter (the same size as most all rimfire cans) for a sleeker look… Something not previously offered by Ruger. In the past it had to be a custom job. So, buy the gun for $500+, then go pay someone a couple hundred more to cop and thread. This one is only $550 and it’s already done.

Barrel threads at the receiver so basically no rifling and just like a smooth bore pistol into the open bore of your suppressor?

Barrel threads at the receiver so basically no rifling and just like a smooth bore pistol into the open bore of your suppressor?
    Yes…It would have about a 1.5” barrel. Sort of like most snubnose revolvers…. It’s not going to be for a precision tool, just something short & compact enough with the can to make a kydex holster for it, and be able to wear around the property for snakes and varmints (close range), without something hanging down that’s as long as my entire thigh to get hung up when getting in/out of the truck, side-x-side, etc…

Yes…It would have about a 1.5” barrel. Sort of like most snubnose revolvers…. It’s not going to be for a precision tool, just something short & compact enough with the can to make a kydex holster for it, and be able to wear around the property for snakes and varmints (close range), without something hanging down that’s as long as my entire thigh to get hung up when getting in/out of the truck, side-x-side, etc…

Obviously you do your thing but I've carried a 2.5" high standard revolver for years for the same reasons. But never really needed the can length on it. I just shoot it without because it's way more compact.

I think if I wanted something like you are looking at id get a custom integral made with "barrel length" at 6" and be good with that

Obviously you do your thing but I've carried a 2.5" high standard revolver for years for the same reasons. But never really needed the can length on it. I just shoot it without because it's way more compact.

I think if I wanted something like you are looking at id get a custom integral made with "barrel length" at 6" and be good with that
    I thought about that, but I have several rimfire cans, so the versatility of being able to swap them out on the fly for testing in my videos, makes it nice.

New VZ Operator-II grips just showed up. So much better than the factory rubber ones! I run Operator-II slim grips on all my 1911’s. These feel identical. For $71 shipped, this upgrade is well worth it. 👍🏼

Next comes the optic. Probably going to take the Holosun HS507C-X2 off my 7.5” 5.56 Saint Victor pistol, and put a Holosun HS510 on it. And put the 507C on the Ruger SSH pistol.

IMG_8204.jpegIMG_8211.jpeg

I saw this too at SS and it is interesting, but I would not have offered it without iron sights. I have a MkIV Lite for Steel Challenge and a MKIV Tactical 4.5" to use with my Mask. I might have been interested if it had irons. But I'd stick with my 4.5" otherwise. Could be useful to others who value the size. And really, it's not a bad idea.

I saw this too at SS and it is interesting, but I would not have offered it without iron sights. I have a MkIV Lite for Steel Challenge and a MKIV Tactical 4.5" to use with my Mask. I might have been interested if it had irons. But I'd stick with my 4.5" otherwise. Could be useful to others who value the size. And really, it's not a bad idea.
    I couldn't find my low pic rail mount that came with my Holosun HS507C-X2, so I ordered a new one last night... It will be here tomorrow. I'll be running that on the Ruger SSH. Most folks run red dots on things like this, so I guess they figured RMR/Red Dot would be more likely than irons. I do agree, it would have been good to include BUIS at the minimum to backup your red dot.

I like the compactness of it, so the shorter barrel is ideal for my purposes. I also don't plan to ever shoot it unsuppressed, so it was perfect for me. Plus, the $550 price was about average, too. So, they didn't try to gouge for the special purpose build.

Reactions: davidsaidwhat
    Going to zero this thing (and several other rifles with new optics) this weekend. Hopefully the weather holds out. I'll start at 10 yards, and then finish zero'ing at 50 yards on the 5" challenge tree gongs.

Reactions: ActualCryptid
    Apex competition trigger and magazine safety delete installed and tuned... WAY better than factory. Can also highly recommend that upgrade for anyone with a 22/45. FYI, it's a bitch to install, but if you take your time, and follow along with their very detailed instructional video on their website, you'll be ok. It's just fairly time-consuming. But the end result is well worth it.

IMG_8348.jpeg

I had a 'spare' 22/45 that I had cut down and threaded for a suppressor.

Very quiet with the MAE stainless can. Feeds the subsonic Winchester power point profile hollow points perfectly.

CNrm9aB.jpg

I had a 'spare' 22/45 that I had cut down and threaded for a suppressor.

Very quiet with the MAE stainless can. Feeds the subsonic Winchester power point profile hollow points perfectly.

CNrm9aB.jpg
    Man, that's an old school 22/45 right there! Haven't seen one with old AMT AutoMag style frame in a long time. 👍🏼

Reactions: Sniff
    Man, that's an old school 22/45 right there! Haven't seen one with old AMT AutoMag style frame in a long time. 👍🏼
    It was my Dad's. I got if off him when he gave up shooting due to age and ill health.

I already had a couple of .22 pistols for shooting competitions, so I thought I'd turn this one into a fun plinker.

Reactions: FuhQ
    Just picked one up today (sorta), hey FuhQ I didn't notice that video you dropped the other day was this SS collab. I too am running a Mask as my suppressor.

I ordered the Lobos RMR mount as I sorta have an RMR laying around. Until I get the mount I'm gonna try a T1 on it.

I'd like to swap out the grips as well because I like customizing guns and will most likely do other stuff.

Always wanted a 22 and always wanted to suppress it, finally got the opportunity to do so. Will just be a fun pinker around the property most likely.

Just picked one up today (sorta), hey FuhQ I didn't notice that video you dropped the other day was this SS collab. I too am running a Mask as my suppressor.

I ordered the Lobos RMR mount as I sorta have an RMR laying around. Until I get the mount I'm gonna try a T1 on it.

I'd like to swap out the grips as well because I like customizing guns and will most likely do other stuff.

Always wanted a 22 and always wanted to suppress it, finally got the opportunity to do so. Will just be a fun pinker around the property most likely.
    It wasn't a collab video, just naming names since it's their exclusive item.

Definitely swap the grips out for some VZ Operator-II's, they're awesome. I've been running them on my 1911's for years. Highest quality out there.

Also, I definitely recommend a trigger swap kit. You'll see once you've pulled the factory trigger what I'm talking about. It's not bad, but it's not good, either. I really like the Apex Tactical Comp trigger I installed. I also use their magazine safety delete (comes in the kit with their Comp trigger), which is a nice feature to have...You'll want to do that mod for sure.

Reactions: 30calDeath
    Just have one of your local shops make one. Chances are they will be done same day
    I need to find a holster, as well. But I haven't decided if I'm going to keep the Mask on it full-time, or order a 3rd rimfire can (dedicated) for this one. Probably will be another TBAC 22 TD, but in black, as they fit nearly flush in diameter, and sound really good on there. Or, might wait until the new Otter Creek Labs .22LR can comes out sometime this year. Andrew is testing his designs right now.

Anyone have experience for a holster that would work with this when suppressed?

I need to find a holster, as well. But I haven't decided if I'm going to keep the Mask on it full-time, or order a 3rd rimfire can (dedicated) for this one. Probably will be another TBAC 22 TD, but in black, as they fit nearly flush in diameter, and sound really good on there. Or, might wait until the new Otter Creek Labs .22LR can comes out sometime this year. Andrew is testing his designs right now.
    My brother in law runs a his in a holster. It was got a sig iffin I remember correctly. I’ll ask him and see what he was using. It worked really well

New video is up of the TBAC 22 Takedown can on the new Ruger MK-IV SSH, shooting 8" gongs at 100 yards... This thing is hollywood quiet...And accurate!

Reactions: Beppo
    Anybody else get one of these?
    Bought one a couple of months ago. Had put a different can on it but just got a SiCo Sparrow. 1- it looks great- same color as the pistol and 2- shoot very well. I too am thinking of leaving the can on it full time.

Is it legal/illegal to concealed carry one w/ a can attached? I'm sure it would freak some people out but my intention wouldn't be to pull it out.

1693446968963.jpeg

Last edited:
    I have something similar in a XBAR SR 2.5" upper. One of my favorites.

uWSkZem.jpg
    There are times I have thought about buying an extra upper and having it cut that short. I think it would be more handy than the 3” setup on the SSH. Especially if holstering and carrying.

There are times I have thought about buying an extra upper and having it cut that short. I think it would be more handy than the 3” setup on the SSH. Especially if holstering and carrying.
    It carries well in a Tac-Sol high-ride setup once you sand it out to clear the can. Such a compact, quiet, accurate package. I love this thing like a fat kid loves cake.

s1FZy3r.jpg

• Love
    It carries well in a Tac-Sol high-ride setup once you sand it out to clear the can. Such a compact, quiet, accurate package. I love this thing like a fat kid loves cake.

s1FZy3r.jpg
    Nice! That's almost exactly what I've been looking for. But I'd opt for a low-rider, or maybe even an IWB as compact as it would be with the Mask HD.

Nice! That's almost exactly what I've been looking for. But I'd opt for a low-rider, or maybe even an IWB as compact as it would be with the Mask HD.
    Thank you. The low-rider can be hard to find, and this one isn't as high as some. Mine is a six inch can, but I still wouldn't want to IWB it, but that's all personal preference. I tend to be a rimfire junkie, so I think a SiCo switchback is in my future. I think this barrel length, with the medium switchback setup would be tits.

Thank you. The low-rider can be hard to find, and this one isn't as high as some. Mine is a six inch can, but I still wouldn't want to IWB it, but that's all personal preference. I tend to be a rimfire junkie, so I think a SiCo switchback is in my future. I think this barrel length, with the medium switchback setup would be tits.
    Look into the TBAC 22 Takedown. You won’t regret that one. 👍🏼 Also, it’s a true 1” OD, so it can be used with your holster without modifying it, and it fits perfectly on your SSH and looks flush with the barrel (Same OD). Ridiculously quiet setup and accurate with CCI SV, as well.

Look into the TBAC 22 Takedown. You won’t regret that one. 👍🏼 Also, it’s a true 1” OD, so it can be used with your holster without modifying it, and it fits perfectly on your SSH and looks flush with the barrel (Same OD). Ridiculously quiet setup and accurate with CCI SV, as well.
    Yeah, my current can is 1" also. Mainly looking at a switchback for the ability to run different lengths.