• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

***NEW*** Silencer Shop Exclusive 3" Ruger MK-IV 22/45 SSH (Silencer Shop Host)

Curious how these would compair to the volquersten mini mamba.These would probably need some upgrades from volquersten anyway.
Are you money ahead with the mamba,is it that much better.

Curious how these would compair to the volquersten mini mamba.These would probably need some upgrades from volquersten anyway.
Are you money ahead with the mamba,is it that much better.
Since you bring that up, take this into perspective.

Mini Mamba: $1,480
22/45 Stubby: $560
22/45 Standard: $352
VQ Comp Bolt: $305
VQ Accurizing Kit: $114
Mini Mamba Upper: $558
-------------------------
So, you could put together a "Full" mini mamba for $1,329 and have a spare 22/45 Standard Upper left over. OR, you could buy a 22/45 Stubby, upgrade it with a VQ Comp Bolt and Accurizing Kit and have $979 invested.

Reactions: 346ci and FuhQ
Thanks for that comparison.
Never had either and prefer to do it right the first time,I have a tendency to go backwards sometimes!
Is the mamba a better gun,I figured it would be and close to the same cost.

I went through this same thing a few years back. Ended up going with a factory 22/45 tactical, installed a full VQ accurizing kit, and snagged a custom 2.5" upper from Maddmacs Precision Tactical. I still came out under the cost of any of the high-end custom MK series offerings, and I have the ability to quickly swap uppers to run either the shorty with a red dot, the factory upper with irons, etc. One of my favorite guns in my small collection.

Reactions: Evlshnngns
Well, I got one of those Tac-Sol Pac-Lite low-rider MK-IV holsters a while back, but my Mask was too fat to fit in it. So I had to wait until I got my TBAC 22TD stamp back before I can use the holster, since the TBAC can is a true 1" O.D. suppressor. Fits perfect! Can't wait to try it out.

IMG_2578.jpegIMG_2576.jpegIMG_2577.jpegIMG_2579.jpegIMG_2583.jpegIMG_2584.jpeg

I did some weights of the different cans wit the new SSH to compare the Mask HD vs. the 22TD, and here's what I came up with, incase anyone is interested. Both cans are freshly cleaned and scrubbed-down with zero lead deposits. And the pistol has a full 10rd mag of CCI SV 40gr. ammo. I wanted it to be as close to true carry weight as possible.

IMG_2574.jpegIMG_2570.jpegIMG_2573.jpegIMG_2571.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: HPIguy
I know shooting groups at 25 yards is the antithesis for what this pistol is made for, but I'm interested to see what people can do with them. I got mine last week and the first five rounds wouldn't function the gun. I disassembled it oiled it really good and put it back together and got it running. I hastily zero'd the red dot this afternoon at 25 on a big ass piece of paper and I was mildly surprised at how well it shot.

I know shooting groups at 25 yards is the antithesis for what this pistol is made for, but I'm interested to see what people can do with them. I got mine last week and the first five rounds wouldn't function the gun. I disassembled it oiled it really good and put it back together and got it running. I hastily zero'd the red dot this afternoon at 25 on a big ass piece of paper and I was mildly surprised at how well it shot.
I shoot 5" challenge tree gongs at 50 yards with mine, with a Holosun 507C on top and CCI SV ammo. Shoots really well with that ammo. But haven't tried to group it yet. In one of my videos, I'm shooting an 8" gong at 100 yards about 6/10 shots. I was pretty happy with that.

Reactions: JR1200W3
I would need a different optic to be able to hold on a 8" plate at 100. But that's extremely adequate. I never expected to shoot this past 25yds

Reactions: FuhQ
I would need a different optic to be able to hold on a 8" plate at 100. But that's extremely adequate. I never expected to shoot this past 25yds
You should try a 50 yard challenge tree...Lots of fun. And usually surprises folks pretty good, too.

I shot some 22 short through it today. I expected so much more. Wasn't really quieter. I would say in general this short barreled pistol is louder than a 4.5 - 6" rimfire pistol. Using the same ammo and suppressor this pistol makes a higher pitched "Pop" with a metallic tone versus the 6" Victory 22 which made a lower toned "Pfawmpff". Not sure if there's a discernable difference 100yds away and they're both tolerable without ear pro to myself. But I'm second guessing if the three inches are worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: Charger442
I shot some 22 short through it today. I expected so much more. Wasn't really quieter. I would say in general this short barreled pistol is louder than a 4.5 - 6" rimfire pistol. Using the same ammo and suppressor this pistol makes a higher pitched "Pop" with a metallic tone versus the 6" Victory 22 which made a lower toned "Pfawmpff". Not sure if there's a discernable difference 100yds away and they're both tolerable without ear pro to myself. But I'm second guessing if the three inches are worth it.
The shorter the barrel, the louder the shot. Same goes for rifles, too. My 7.5" 5.56 pistol is still retarded loud, even with a Sandman-S on the end. The shorter the barrel, the less powder gets burnt in the bore. Therefore, it's more gasses and flames escaping sooner and hitting the cooler atmospheric temps, therefore = louder boom.

It won't cycle, unless you can find a really light recoil spring, but if you can get some CCI Quiet 710 FPS ammo, they're hollywood quiet in it.

Yep. It's a true'ism. That's why I was puzzled when everyone got excited about this model when it came out. I'm motivated by the quietest setup over the shortest setup. I guess, to a point. I would be splitting hairs at a bigger expense by trying to pick an optimum length between 3.5 and 6" for a tone difference.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go shoot a 22 short out of my 16" CZ 457 in my back yard and see how loud that is.

Yep. It's a true'ism. That's why I was puzzled when everyone got excited about this model when it came out. I'm motivated by the quietest setup over the shortest setup. I guess, to a point. I would be splitting hairs at a bigger expense by trying to pick an optimum length between 3.5 and 6" for a tone difference.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go shoot a 22 short out of my 16" CZ 457 in my back yard and see how loud that is.
The quietest setup that cycles properly, is my SSH with a TBAC 22TD and CCI SV. No pop, not even first-round. The TBAC 22TD is slightly quieter on that pistol than my Mask HD. Not a whole lot, but a trained ear hears the difference.

The .22 Short in a rifle is literally just hearing the firing pin drop. I've done it in my Ranger 22 a bunch. Even have a few videos I never posted of them.

The quietest setup that cycles properly, is my SSH with a TBAC 22TD and CCI SV. No pop, not even first-round. The TBAC 22TD is slightly quieter on that pistol than my Mask HD. Not a whole lot, but a trained ear hears the difference.

The .22 Short in a rifle is literally just hearing the firing pin drop. I've done it in my Ranger 22 a bunch. Even have a few videos I never posted of them.
What other rimfire pistols do you own?

What other rimfire pistols do you own?
I have an old S&W 22A Sport (5.5" square heavy barrel) that my dad bought new in 2001 (found the receipt when going through all his things last year). I put a threaded barrel in my Kimber .22LR conversion on my TLE/RL-II frame about 3 years ago. It's not very reliable, but it shoots really well, is extremely accurate, and quiet, too.

IMG_3895.jpeg
IMG_6025.jpeg

Last edited:
Which is quieter with the same suppressor and ammo?

I am definitely going to buy one of these (3" or 4.5" tactical). I sold my old 22/45 Target a year ago to buy a Glock 44 and have regretted it ever since- the Glock with the same can is so much louder and ... just not the same.
I'm wondering how the 3" and 4.5" tactical would compare for sound (suppressed) and accuracy. Basically if the trade-off (if any) is worth it for the compact size of the 3", which I really like the looks of.

I am definitely going to buy one of these (3" or 4.5" tactical). I sold my old 22/45 Target a year ago to buy a Glock 44 and have regretted it ever since- the Glock with the same can is so much louder and ... just not the same.
I'm wondering how the 3" and 4.5" tactical would compare for sound (suppressed) and accuracy. Basically if the trade-off (if any) is worth it for the compact size of the 3", which I really like the looks of.
I bought an SHH shortly after they came out. I put a Sparrow can on it. The colors match perfectly. I only wish they had magazines for 20 instead of 10, but that has always been the case with rimfires. I have not held the 4.5" but the weight of the 3" sits well within the hand.

Don't buy the OD green or FDE versions. Mine consistently fails to cycle every couple of rounds. It's like the spring is to powerful but I think it's the cerakote finish on the inside of the upper. When I get a chance I'm going to look into RMA or returning it.

Don't buy the OD green or FDE versions. Mine consistently fails to cycle every couple of rounds. It's like the spring is to powerful but I think it's the cerakote finish on the inside of the upper. When I get a chance I'm going to look into RMA or returning it.
My (factory Ruger black finish) SSH has had zero hiccups. Slicker than owl shit, and runs like a champ.

Reactions: Lazyfaire
Those aren't cerakoted
Yes, I'm well aware of that. It's like a nitride/parkerized finish. I was simply stating that the non-cerakoted versions don't seem to have this issue. And your's is the first I've heard of anyone having an issue. I'm thinking it's a fairly isolated incident. Might just need to pull it apart and clean it, and properly lube it... First thing I do with EVERY new gun, because that packing grease cosmoline type shit that every company uses is terrible and gummy...Especially when it gets hot.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. It's like a nitride/parkerized finish. I was simply stating that the non-cerakoted versions don't seem to have this issue. And your's is the first I've heard of anyone having an issue. I'm thinking it's a fairly isolated incident. Might just need to pull it apart and clean it, and properly lube it... First thing I do with EVERY new gun, because that packing grease cosmoline type shit that every company uses is terrible and gummy...Especially when it gets hot.
Done all that. Still having issues. I haven't devoted a ton of time with it bc I'm finishing a $4K 2011 build, dealing with subzero temps and bursting water pipes. Honestly, a $600 rimfire pistol isn't something I want to make a big project. If it doesn't run with some reasonable maintenance and cleaning it's going back. Ive got better guns to invest time in and other shit in life to deal with.

Reactions: Charger442