• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Site Updates So far ...

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    So we are into our second day of the new software and we are aggressively moving forward on the updates and changes.

All the settings in vBulletin defaulted to an off or low setting, so many things have to adjusted and will continue to be adjusted. The inactivity period is one example. Understand when the data from UBB was imported to vBulletin it did not bring any of the UBB settings over, so you have to manually go in and adjust them. This was for both you and us on the admin side. So it takes a bit of time locating and adjusting everything we feel needs to be. We had 11 years on UBB, and only 48 hours on vBulletin. So we are learning like many of you are. Once we get more familiar with the software, we'll be much faster and smoother making the transitions.

Some positive changes to start with:

*Sold* button in the For Sale Section
    We added a feature that allows the user to mark their post *SOLD* and close it at the thread at the same time. In the Thread Tools there is an option to execute this task.

[U [MENTION=51503]member[/MENTION] Mention[/U]
    If you are replying to a member or want to mention a member and you use the [MENTION=51503]member[/MENTION] they will get a mention notification and be able to see. So [MENTION=90]Mike[/MENTION] would let moderator Mike know someone mentioned his name in a thread. Good way to call someone's attention to a post you make. Especially if you want them to answer or reply.

Transaction Ratings
    There will also be an option to rate a transaction with a member and it will show up in their profile.

Mobile Page
    We have the mobile skin working although it is currently the default view. We are working on a custom skin, but you can access the mobile or full site page via your phone or tablet at the bottom right corner it will say Mobile Version. It's pretty function now as default, and we'll improve it.

Private message update, we tried working on the private message system and it crashed the servers 3x, so we asked a company to rewrite the plug in to work with our board. That may not be in place until Late March, so patience we are working the problem.

Lost Posts, yes we all lost posts, I lost 4,000, it happens, we updated the post count and it didn't like something. We are not even gonna attempt to get them back, it's too much work. We will be doing some things to handle the FS section so those with less than 100 can post, not sure on the timeline but we are hoping for soon rather than later. We'll keep you posted on that.

We still have a lot of work to do, and you may see a few hiccups as we adjust things. We are doing our best to work in the background but it really puts a strain on the server to do it that way, so the board maybe off and on at various points, it should be expected.

Thanks for your patience

Hmmm... I got an email from PayPal saying that my Online Training subscription was cancelled. Sorry if I missed info on that elsewhere...

Yes, the online training from the old site to the new site is changing. I posted many, many times for members of the online training to cancel their subscriptions, I easily mentioned this 5x if once.

The new online training is being assembled now, but will be a different account.

Users of the old Online Training have the ability to cancel the old subscription in their Pay Pal account. Please do this if you have not, I told the old system to stop the subscriptions but how well it listened I have no idea. I never had access to the Pay Pal side of things, the User and Rifles Only does.

Once I finish loading a block of the new lessons in the New Online Training forum, users can sign up for $10 and move forward with the old system. (Be warned the old lessons are no longer there we are starting it over) There will be a block of the fundamentals posted so you can begin fresh is you so choose.

Keep up the Great Work Frank. Liking things so far.

I also wanted to point out or ask a question regarding the searching, it depends on who is reading this. But Currently results are only through 2010 so I am sure it is still indexing and it will take time to complete current data. Am I correct in that assumption?

I tried the search again last night and it hung up, so I am gonna get the guys to do it at the server where the techs can watch it.

It hung up at about 60k threads, so there is still a hiccup in there somewhere

It'd be great if the old forum were made available read-only, even if for a limited time, so that we could manually transfer or redo our watched topics, etc. (not asking the site to do it, but if I could refer to the old site I'd do it myself).

Kinda like how when accurateshooter.com went to a new forum, they left the old 6mmbr.com forums up read-only.

I've got a whole list of threads I watched with useful information that I refer to that I'd love to get back.

I would also most humbly like to second this last post. It would be most useful if you could provide a link to the old UBB forum in read only mode so we could do some old data searching and archiving, I have a treasure trove of good info marked and I don't want to muddy up the new forums with the same old questions when I have the references I need stored away already. Saves everyone time, bandwidth, and annoyance.
    We know it's all still there somewhere, but how to get to it?

Thanks for this board and all your work!