• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New sk high velocity

PPS LRPS.260

Flunky paratrooper
Minuteman
  • Dec 3, 2020
    Arizona
    Ok, bought some of the new sk high velocity match ammo today,gonna try and see how well it does in my kidd 1022 and my cz 455 also in my v22.
    Has anyone tried it yet? My concerns are the velocity dump at around 75-100 yards and how it will do out at 300-400 yrds.. any input would be great..thanks

What i mean by velocity dump is velocity dropping off to to fast causing accuracy issues, we shoot match ammo for more than just the consistency and accuracy, if high velocity MATCH is that good why aren't we shooting more of it? Just curious if anyone has tried and what were the results?

What i mean by velocity dump is velocity dropping off to to fast causing accuracy issues, we shoot match ammo for more than just the consistency and accuracy, if high velocity MATCH is that good why aren't we shooting more of it? Just curious if anyone has tried and what were the results?
    You tell me I have 2 bricks in route.

SK HiV?

Think CCI Blazer, but without all the dents, dings, lumps and bumps,
    and a slightly smaller ES per box of 50. Cynic? Who? Me? :D

Last edited:
    Thats what im thinking as well lol , extreme ES. And S.D. and past 100 yrds Lord have mercy,glad I only bought a brick. It may be for sale soon lol at prices from last year.l.m.a.o. it will sell quick... I will shoot it and let y'all know.. never know may be good ammo....... Not

I just got some of the SK HV's. So far, I have only shot 20 rds at the end of a shooting session at 50 yds. [shot with cold numb fingers out of a Savage mark II] The 4-5 shot groups were right at .5". Wind was at 7-10 mph @ 33 degrees.

I have been really curious about this ammo as well. I used to shoot the SK Long Range for NRLX matches and it worked pretty well until we shot on a hot sunny day. Then I was getting random rounds that were breaking the sound barrier and the consistency when to hell and I ended up switching ammo half way through. I have been curious if it if they were all that fast how well it would have worked.
    Using the advertised velocity in Strelok told me at 200 yards I would be dialing 5moa less than the RWS Match I am shooting now. Of course, that is if they can keep it consistent enough to make hits at 200 and beyond.

It's the "New" SK HiV...which is the original SK HiV in a new box.
    All about consumer manipulation, right? ;)

Typical lot variations in mv and cartridge quality to be expected.

ACtC-3fFHcTwRg7dEEEpNmBBxaUFtezchETsVUl_fkurX5t4onCYKKQ_llS00oq46qQEX441WmKp6UpS6nxGlR1zRgfEzejy7ZeJlyrPpcu-_xAyliYHgot-oF0Wz6czlp1AfH3j_CoIyOFF_f93TlYhgoUR=w1280-h853-no

Walther KK200 at 100 yards in a tunnel
    5 shot average 0.605"

ACtC-3c6Y_UYyM9lskRRVMxA5smMKYonlQzVlhW2FqfMJgjGWKKHBOJWe5j0MmU0DhfA3eZJ_Dc1smRpBg7POG6YzcWamZRiPx-K5WoKMnVkT0i9zXLAIQ44m4Fwub4KO0NN1adyaQFn4rw45iU0ckCRBGCv=w665-h939-no

Blieker at 100 yards in the tunnel

ACtC-3daA-JRFfy9EOQfviLeuA25dPPxRkZl4JDnVae2LdquM7lDucEQ6kRgeVf-LCeOkCnXCa1fr8tZPytfqfQEP-r3SC-pOZ0ycOkAcB4zrBQerDlaewOAE-1PYFjiqoDilbpH-4BSUDPlGfv8TEQ9JpHi=w626-h470-no

ACtC-3fudpuqeyv6cKipwh2GTVeQnsxEolEynPa3ArOEZ9IvCUaBrSubrYCzFwNALu8W6ZEsuSfinIBzXgklm8HewWk0GOe5Xwgt2FTCXpc5Ky_1ItOSgnXvVOb_DcEPNHmZZIOOx40mpOCmTSJMDO0mwliW=w1125-h939-no

Last edited:
    Reactions: JKW70
    It's the "New" SK HiV...which is the original SK HiV in a new box.
    All about consumer manipulation, right? ;)

Typical lot variations in mv and cartridge quality to be expected.

ACtC-3fFHcTwRg7dEEEpNmBBxaUFtezchETsVUl_fkurX5t4onCYKKQ_llS00oq46qQEX441WmKp6UpS6nxGlR1zRgfEzejy7ZeJlyrPpcu-_xAyliYHgot-oF0Wz6czlp1AfH3j_CoIyOFF_f93TlYhgoUR=w1280-h853-no

Walther KK200 at 100 yards in a tunnel
    5 shot average 0.605"

ACtC-3c6Y_UYyM9lskRRVMxA5smMKYonlQzVlhW2FqfMJgjGWKKHBOJWe5j0MmU0DhfA3eZJ_Dc1smRpBg7POG6YzcWamZRiPx-K5WoKMnVkT0i9zXLAIQ44m4Fwub4KO0NN1adyaQFn4rw45iU0ckCRBGCv=w665-h939-no

Blieker at 100 yards in the tunnel

ACtC-3daA-JRFfy9EOQfviLeuA25dPPxRkZl4JDnVae2LdquM7lDucEQ6kRgeVf-LCeOkCnXCa1fr8tZPytfqfQEP-r3SC-pOZ0ycOkAcB4zrBQerDlaewOAE-1PYFjiqoDilbpH-4BSUDPlGfv8TEQ9JpHi=w626-h470-no

ACtC-3fudpuqeyv6cKipwh2GTVeQnsxEolEynPa3ArOEZ9IvCUaBrSubrYCzFwNALu8W6ZEsuSfinIBzXgklm8HewWk0GOe5Xwgt2FTCXpc5Ky_1ItOSgnXvVOb_DcEPNHmZZIOOx40mpOCmTSJMDO0mwliW=w1125-h939-no
    Dang man the 2.106 looks like the cow killers I had at 320 the other day with sk plus luckey it didnt come back and hit you in the eye !

Not sure if it is same sk hi velocity from years ago, this is a hugger orange chevy colored box, i have a match tomarrow im hoping to try some and also chrono it as well.

Shot the sk High velocity ammo today, s.d. was not terrible but could have been better 10.3 e.s. was all over the place, shooting past 100 yrds they went to shit just like i suspected, i was shooting a voduu with bartlein barrel mtu contour 50 yard group was very impressive but when that ammo transitioned to subsonic it went to shit...

It ain't the transition.
    Those cartridges go subsonic before 40 yards.
    Y'er dealing with wind or cartridge defects.
    The transition gets blamed for many things with the 22lr,
    that are easily explained by simply using a chronograph
    wind flags and inspecting those cartridges.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
    Wont be shooting those any more,already sold them.lol maybe someone else will get better accuracy.

My accuracy was pretty darn good about 5/8 at 50 with my sako quad and 3/4 with the tricked out 10/22. You definitely hear the difference in speed would be great hunting ammo don’t think I’ll be shooting matches with it but I haven’t tested it at any thing past 50yd so far