• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes **NEW** SN-3 3.2-17X TPAL 37MM

JBW3

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Hey Guys and Gals,
Just wanted to let you know that we have made a prototype 37mm objective 3.2-17X TPAL for testing. So far the general opinion of everyone that has looked through it absolutely loves it. The exit pupil is a little smaller than the 44mm, but is still very managable to get the sight picture.
When in production the overall length will be about 1.5" shorter than what you see in the pictures.
Stay tuned for more......
John III
397425172.jpg

397425174.jpg

397425175.jpg

Re: **NEW** SN-3 3.2-17X TPAL 37MM

The ocular is bigger than the objective!

EREK is still my favorite elevation turret.

Very cool.

And I like the upper too, need to invest in a side charger.

John,

That's a cute little sucker. Love the logo on the objective also. Is that a 30mm tube?

Bob

Of course everyone that has looked through it so far loves it. It's a USO. What's not to love?

That will certainly make a nice low profile fit for the scope to the gun.

I think you should have Becky send me one
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you should have Becky send me one
smile.gif
</div></div>

+1. Just wrapping up an SPR build, feel free to send me one with a 30mm tube, haha! I'd be happy to review it and send it back afterwards...
wink.gif

Very nice setup! I've been recommending folks the 37mm for such applications in the ERGO, but that 37mm TPal is sweet!!

Its still 2.18mm exit pupil, highly usable!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The ocular is bigger than the objective!

EREK is still my favorite elevation turret.

Very cool.

And I like the upper too, need to invest in a side charger. </div></div>
See you guys are really jealous of what us leftys have other than the brass flying across our face.

I have been sayin that needs to happen for years. Now time to sell all of my others for those.

When may they be ordered?

You hit the nail with that one!

Glad the pics show it on a REPR as that is where mine would be going.

It look great, plus plenty of ring height options to get the perfect cheek weld with such a small objective

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSOP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad the pics show it on a REPR as that is where mine would be going.

It look great, plus plenty of ring height options to get the perfect cheek weld with such a small objective </div></div>

This is Arnold's rifle at the office, he was OK with the ring height, but it was a little low for me.

We should be putting these into production iin the next couple weeks, ie- making more of the objective housing. Feel free to order it now, no extra charge.
John III

JohnIII, whats the price as shown?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Retail price as shown- $2836.00
John III</div></div>

plus 185 for lit, that would look sick on my sass

I really am not trying to be snide, but I don't understand the allure of the 37mm vs the 44mm objective on a scope with a top mag of 17x. What is the primary motivation to go smaller? Weight? Aesthetics? Is the actual diameter of the objective detrimental? Any explanation would be appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Retail price as shown- $2836.00
John III</div></div>

plus 185 for lit, that would look sick on my sass </div></div>

That is including lit reticle.

The two main reasons for the decreased diameter is weight and being able to mount it lower on monolithic rail systems like shown.

John III

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Retail price as shown- $2836.00
John III</div></div>

plus 185 for lit, that would look sick on my sass </div></div>

It's not about looks.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That is including lit reticle.

The two main reasons for the decreased diameter is weight and being able to mount it lower on monolithic rail systems like shown.

John III </div></div>

Got it. I guess the gas piston systems usually have rails at a relatively higher plane than direct-impingement rifles. Makes sense.

Will these be avaiable with the Ergo bell? I like the idea of the 17x range in a smaller 10x scope tube. The Ergo is more feasable when your scope isn't 2' long, just sayin...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MWDG3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will these be avaiable with the Ergo bell? I like the idea of the 17x range in a smaller 10x scope tube. The Ergo is more feasable when your scope isn't 2' long, just sayin...
smile.gif

</div></div>

Ummm, the tube is the same whether 10X or 3.2-17, your choice of 30, 34 or 35mm. 37mm Ergos have been around for a bit.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can all and order a 3.2-17X37 Ergo any time you like-the T-Pal just hasn't been available in 37mm.

Oh she's pretty, one day I'll be a baller and be able to have one. Just wish that one day would come soon!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm, the tube is the same whether 10X or 3.2-17, your choice of 30, 34 or 35mm. 37mm Ergos have been around for a bit.</div></div>

The 1.8-10x is 4.5" shorter than the 3.2-17. Jeff Fertal emailed me tonight the latter cannot be crammed into the former. I was dreaming out loud for a shorter lighter 3.2-17 ergo. I will "settle" for a t-pal.
smile.gif

btt for those who missed it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stiletto raggio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really am not trying to be snide, but I don't understand the allure of the 37mm vs the 44mm objective on a scope with a top mag of 17x. What is the primary motivation to go smaller? Weight? Aesthetics? Is the actual diameter of the objective detrimental? Any explanation would be appreciated.</div></div>
I am curious as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smschulz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stiletto raggio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really am not trying to be snide, but I don't understand the allure of the 37mm vs the 44mm objective on a scope with a top mag of 17x. What is the primary motivation to go smaller? Weight? Aesthetics? Is the actual diameter of the objective detrimental? Any explanation would be appreciated.</div></div>

I am curious as well. </div></div>

As posted above by John @ USO:

<span style="font-style: italic">"The two main reasons for the decreased diameter is weight and being able to mount it lower on monolithic rail systems like shown."</span>

made to order

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">made to order</div></div>

Right, but when will I be able to order? This is a prototype.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MWDG3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">made to order</div></div>

Right, but when will I be able to order? This is a prototype.
smile.gif
</div></div>

MWD,

From John's post above:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
We should be putting these into production in the next couple weeks, ie- making more of the objective housing. Feel free to order it now, no extra charge.
John III </div></div>

A certain USO dealer called in to ask about an order for me and was told yesterday "months". I like a couple of weeks better.

Played with mine last weekend. It's going on a 308 Howa when Short Action Customs finishes the action. With .735" Farrell rings it sits almost on top of the Farrell rail. I'll post pics once it on my Howa. Looking forward to playing with it this winter.

This is the 11mil Erek MTC with RDP mil reticle.

obr2.jpg