• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos New Sniper Build! aka the extreme

Re: New Sniper Build! aka the extreme

That is not a 'sniper' build no matter how you look at it.
At most is might be a killer of squirrels and rabbitses, and maybe the occasional lizard.
Barrel too small
Stock weak
Scope too high
unless of course this is a joke, then, ha ha
grin.gif

I am reminded of an old friend who told me to come look at his sniper rifle and pulled a Weatherby 300-30 with a gold ring Leupy and a Harris 12" bipos on it from the safe. I just smiled, and we walked the half block to my house since it was a outside drinking beer kinda day and I pulled my PSS out and asked him if his was a sniper rifle, then what the hell was mine? After he was done creaming his panties, we both agreed he had a great elk gun and I had a killer sharpshooter rifle since snipers and their rifles are a billeted thing...heh heh heh, weatherby skinny barrel with a gold ring leupy sniper rifle...heh heh heh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New Sniper Build! aka the extreme
</div></div>

Seriously?

A crappy cell phone pic of a .22?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New Sniper Build! aka the extreme
</div></div>

Seriously?

A crappy cell phone pic of a .22? </div></div>

hey dont make fun of "the extreme"

lol

i did put this little guy together so i wouldnt waste 5.56 and 7.62 stockpile.

but honestly it shoots pretty nice. im going to shoot some crows in about a hour from now and punch some paper.

oh about the high rings. i decided to buy some extra high ones because the scope is is 30dollar walmart special and might upgrade to the 60dollar special with illumiated ret 45mm so gotta have the clearance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is not a 'sniper' build no matter how you look at it.
At most is might be a killer of squirrels and rabbitses, and maybe the occasional lizard.
Barrel too small
Stock weak
Scope too high
grin.gif

I am reminded of an old friend who told me to come look at his sniper rifle and pulled a Weatherby 300-30 with a gold ring Leupy and a Harris 12" bipos on it from the safe. I just smiled, and we walked the half block to my house since it was a outside drinking beer kinda day and I pulled my PSS out and asked him if his was a sniper rifle, then what the hell was mine? After he was done creaming his panties, we both agreed he had a great elk gun and I had a killer sharpshooter rifle since snipers and their rifles are a billeted thing...heh heh heh, weatherby skinny barrel with a gold ring leupy sniper rifle...heh heh heh </div></div>

my friend was showing me his .270 custom rifle. I admit that cherry wood stock was very nice! I dont have anything special just a remy .308 hs police stock with a trijicon 14x rifle scope... his jaw dropped literally! and asked where did you learn about these type of rifles at... i smiled and my gf cut me off and said "snipershide".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is not a 'sniper' build no matter how you look at it.
Barrel too small
Stock weak
Scope too high
grin.gif

I am reminded of an old friend who told me to come look at his sniper rifle and pulled a Weatherby 300-30 with a gold ring Leupy and a Harris 12" bipos on it from the safe. I just smiled, and we walked the half block to my house since it was a outside drinking beer kinda day and I pulled my PSS out and asked him if his was a sniper rifle, then what the hell was mine? After he was done creaming his panties, we both agreed he had a great elk gun and I had a killer sharpshooter rifle since snipers and their rifles are a billeted thing...heh heh heh, weatherby skinny barrel with a gold ring leupy sniper rifle...heh heh heh </div></div>

my friend was showing me his .270 custom rifle. I admit that cherry wood stock was very nice! I dont have anything special just a remy .308 hs police stock with a trijicon 14x rifle scope... his jaw dropped literally! and asked where did you learn about these type of rifles at... i smiled and my gf cut me off and said "snipershide". </div></div>

How old are you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is not a 'sniper' build no matter how you look at it.
Barrel too small
Stock weak
Scope too high
grin.gif

my friend was showing me his .270 custom rifle. I admit that cherry wood stock was very nice! I dont have anything special just a remy .308 hs police stock with a trijicon 14x rifle scope... his jaw dropped literally! and asked where did you learn about these type of rifles at... i smiled and my gf cut me off and said "snipershide". </div></div>

How old are you? </div></div>

old enough to bang your mom

a rant i did a while back on a similar subject....someone building a "sniper rifle"-

i would submit in addition, i would think the proper terminology would be "precision marksman" using a "precision rifle", and not a "sniper" or "sniper rifle" (unless an actual operator)

SNIPER - which is traditionally a person professionally and highly trained to observe, report findings, or to engage and eliminate specific targets of oppurtunity to gain a tactical advantage uses a wide array of tools to accomplish the assigned tasks, and generally uses a highly modified precision rifle (sniper rifle as it used by a sniper) to eliminate those specified targets, usually from a concealed or unknown position in order not to be comprimised.

snipe- –noun 1. any of several long-billed game birds of the genera Gallinago (Capella) and Limnocryptes, inhabiting marshy areas, as G. gallinago (common snipe), of Eurasia and North America, having barred and striped white, brown, and black plumage.
2. any of several other long-billed birds, as some sandpipers.

sniper -(originally) a person that hunts for and is successful in harvesting the elusive above game bird. usually had to be concealed (by the use of special areas - enter the "hide"- or special clothing - enter the "gillie"- during the shot as snipe have excellent eyesight.

once common in scotland, a ghillie was a hired person ( a proffesional hunter / guide that used unconventional tactics for success) used to catch poacher's on the royal's land. they used special clothing to be concealed or hide themselves from view, as the poachers had to be weary of the royalty's normal gaurdsmen.

maybe a glossary of terms will help the newbies realize that(at least in my opinion) a definition of a "build" worth reading:

BUILD (noun or verb depending on usage)- A weapon, sporting arm, rifle, pistol, shotgun etc. (project) that has substaintial components added or enhanced that operate and are engineered in conjuncture with each other for the intended purpose of launching a projectile downrange and hitting a designated target with more consistancy / accuracy than a factory manufactured weapon, sporting arm, rifle, pistol shotgun etc., or exceeds the average accepted performance metrics of a factory manufactured weapon, sporting arm, rifle, pistol, shotgun, etc. or at a higher rate of speed in cycling rounds + accuracy than a factory manufactured weapon, sporting arm, rifle, pistol shotgun etc.
(in my opinion a build starts with a bare receiver or frame, then specialized components are added to achieve the above directives, and to achieve the below)....

LONG RANGE SHOOTING (verb?)- To accurately and consistantly hit a target with a projectile at a greater distance than is normally accepted by a majority for the performance parameters of any given weapon, sporting arm, rifle, pistol, shotgun, etc. whether it is "built" or not.

Example: A .45 cal 1911 pistol used at 10 yards to hit a target accurately and consistantly may be considered average distance. A .45 cal 1911 pistol used at 75 yards to hit a target accurately and consistantly would probably be considered long range shooting.

A .45 cal 1911 that shoots well at 10 yards, but is not good at all at 75 yards until components are added or enhanced and has acheived the goal of launching a projectile consistantly and accurately on a target should be considered a "build" to make a "precision firearm" for the intended purpose of "long range shooting"

(a scoped .308 rifle at 100 yards is almost always considered short range, however an open sighted 30/30 at 100 yards may be considered medium to long range)

PRECISION FIREARM (noun)- A weapon, sporting arm, rifle, pistol, shotgun, etc. that is used for the intended purpose of launching a projectile downrange and hitting a designated target with more consistancy / accuracy than a factory manufactured weapon, sporting arm, rifle, pistol shotgun etc., or exceeds the average accepted performance metrics of a factory manufactured weapon, sporting arm, rifle, pistol, shotgun, etc. Most precision firearms are "built" (see build) for objectives described above.

ACCURATE RIFLE (noun)- Any rifle that consistantly launches a projectile to a target with better results than what is considered by a majority average parameters for comparable rifles.(MOA and sub MOA)

SNIPER RIFLE (noun)- Any rifle that is used by a S N I P E R, otherwise, it's a precision firearm / rifle.

(i too am a card carrying member of the LMAC: loud-mouthed-asshole-club) you should see our logo. membership dues are sometimes costly, but usually rewarding....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is not a 'sniper' build no matter how you look at it.
Barrel too small
Stock weak
Scope too high
grin.gif

How old are you? </div></div>

old enough to bang your mom </div></div>

That tells me you're about 12. Have at it tiger.