• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Spartan Precision build

rbdub474

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2010
Missouri
I just got my rifle from Marc at Spartan Rifles. I'm extremely pleased with the rifle and my dealings with Marc. He is a perfectionist, and his works shows it.

If anyone is looking for a gunsmith, I would certainly give Marc a look.

Also many thanks to Mr. Ducos (stockdoc). He did a great job on the adjustable cheek piece.

Mile High Shooting was great to deal with and knowledgeable when ordering the Spuhr parts.

And thanks to Triad Tactical, Euro Optic and bugholes for some good prices on some good products.

Specs:

-Remington 700 AAC SD Action
-McMillan A5 Gap Camo
-KMW Loggerhead adjustable cheekpiece
-Timney 517 Trigger
-Bartlein 6.5 1/8TW 5R M40 barrel
-Badger M5 DBM
-Badger bipod rail
-Badger bolt knob
-Seekins 20MOA scope base
-TBAC Muzzle Brake
-PTG 1 Piece Bolt
-Spuhr ISMS
-Vortex Razor Gen II 4-27
-Vortex Optics Switchview
-Atlas bipod
-Mil Spec Angle Cosine Indicator
-Spuhr ACI QD Mount

Pics:

And the first 5 shot group after zeroing the scope. Ammo was Southwest Ammunition Premium 139gr. Lapua Scenars:

Last edited:
Very nice! Good shooting!

I just got my rifle from Marc at Spartan Rifles. I'm extremely pleased with the rifle and my dealings with Marc. He is a perfectionist, and his works shows it.

If anyone is looking for a gunsmith, I would certainly give Marc a look.

Specs:

-Remington 700 AAC SD Action
-McMillan A5 Gap Camo
-KMW Loggerhead adjustable cheekpiece
-Timney 517 Trigger
-Bartlein 6.5 1/8TW 5R M40 barrel
-Badger M5 DBM
-Badger bipod rail
-Badger bolt knob
-Seekins 20MOA scope base
-TBAC Muzzle Brake
-PTG 1 Piece Bolt
-Spuhr ISMS
-Vortex Razor Gen II 4-27
-Vortex Optics Switchview
-Atlas bipod
-Mil Spec Angle Cosine Indicator
-Spuhr ACI QD Mount

Pics:

And the first 5 shot group after zeroing the scope. Ammo was Southwest Ammunition Premium 139gr. Lapua Scenars:

What kind of speeds are you getting w/ the SW 139 Scenars?

Choice setup btw...

No idea on speeds. I just used them to get zeroed and do initial barrel break in. I'll run some for speed once I get my handloads worked up and chrono them at the same time.

Great rifle. Marc builds hammers, and Joe's work compliments it nicely.

Very nice build. I got to see the action at Marcs before it was finished but I didnt know how it would look in the end. Very nice build indeed!!