• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner M5Xi with MTC and Locking turrets

SNAFU308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2012
The Land Downunder
Earlier in the year Steiner showed their locking turret version of the M5Xi developed for the German SF G29 contract. having used a M5Xi pretty extensively I was keen on giving the new model a try so I got in touch with my friends down at Beretta Australia straight away and got them to get one on the way. I've had it a little while now but wanted to wait until I was almost finished my review before sharing.

The model uses a rotating ring to lock the windage and elevation turrets. This particular one also has MTC turrets with the MSR reticle and is coyote brown. Even after it arrived I tried searching for any images of the new model and couldn't find anything at all. As far as I know this is the first one outside the military contract in circulation.

Anyway here's a few pics. Enjoy

Cheers

​​​​​​​

What are these worth in Australia? And is there any noticeable improvement over the regular M5Xi or simply the addition of locking turrets and MTC?

Earlier in the year Steiner showed their locking turret version of the M5Xi developed for the German SF G29 contract. having used a M5Xi pretty extensively I was keen on giving the new model a try so I got in touch with my friends down at Beretta Australia straight away and got them to get one on the way. I've had it a little while now but wanted to wait until I was almost finished my review before sharing.

The model uses a rotating ring to lock the windage and elevation turrets. This particular one also has MTC turrets with the MSR reticle and is coyote brown. Even after it arrived I tried searching for any images of the new model and couldn't find anything at all. As far as I know this is the first one outside the military contract in circulation.

Anyway here's a few pics. Enjoy

Cheers

​​​​​​​

Pretty sexy. I really like my Steiner

I think I seen the pic you're talking about. I remember seeing it on Instagram. Steiner was showing off one of their extreme cool conditions test.

I think I seen the pic you're talking about. I remember seeing it on Instagram. Steiner was showing off one of their extreme cool conditions test.

You mean this photo?

Attachments

• photo74349.png
    photo74349.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 38
You mean this photo?

No. It was a pic of them pulling it out of a freezer. I saved it at one point and then deleted it. When I seen it I was asking around and no one knew what I was talking about and never heard of it. This thread is the first conformation beside from Steiner I've seen about it. Hopefully they make this available to the public and with the T3 reticle

Have you found the Steiners to be rugged and reliable?

The military ones are basically bomb proof with the exception of the statistical ones that fall through the QC gaps that all companies have. I still wouldn't trust the T5Xi models.

The military ones are basically bomb proof with the exception of the statistical ones that fall through the QC gaps that all companies have. I still wouldn't trust the T5Xi models.

I purchased second hand one of the initial pre-ordered T5Xi's. It is even marked Steiner Germany, the ones post-fiasco are marked just Steiner. The previous owner sent it back for the turret upgrade and grey reticle due to the illumination. I run the T5Xi pretty hard and have zero issues. For what it's worth I am told that I am tough on my equipment, the scope sits on no safe queen and sees plenty of abuse.

Locking feature is not a big deal to me, but I think MTC would be perfect for this scope. The clicks on mine are awfully close together.

Did not like the T5Xi glass but I really liked their turrets, always hoped to see those low profile turrets on the M series. These are intriguing with the lock ring. How's the glass on the M series compared to say Schmidt & Bender?

PS - OP, are you sure that rifle is legal in Australia? It sure looks evil to me, those keymod slots definitely make it more lethal :cool:

Did not like the T5Xi glass but I really liked their turrets, always hoped to see those low profile turrets on the M series. How's the glass on the M series compared to say Schmidt & Bender?
:

The Schmidts beat them outright unless you're comparing the older 16X model. The Steiner M series glass alone is overpriced, the build makes up for most of the price.

Thank you bullseye, I appreciate the information. The build, as you mention, is definitely worth considering and the lock ring on the scope looks to be a solid design.

Did not like the T5Xi glass but I really liked their turrets, always hoped to see those low profile turrets on the M series. These are intriguing with the lock ring. How's the glass on the M series compared to say Schmidt & Bender?

PS - OP, are you sure that rifle is legal in Australia? It sure looks evil to me, those keymod slots definitely make it more lethal :cool:

Depends what State you live in over here! Western Australia might have some issues with it...