• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
Tactical 5.0 with full dust cover rail. Added Trijicon bar Dot night sights and the Coyote Tan Grip frame. .45 ACP looking forward to seeing if it will shoot.

Picture111.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Picture105.jpg

Re: New STI

I have its little brother in a 4.0 9mm. If it shoots like mine you are in for a treat! It's the softest shooting centerfire pistol I have ever shot. Keep us updated!

Buzzsaw,

I have never seen that color frame before but I like it! Last couple of those guns I was around looked put together really well, I think you will be happy.

Jeremy45

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeremy45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buzzsaw,

I have never seen that color frame before but I like it! Last couple of those guns I was around looked put together really well, I think you will be happy.

Jeremy45 </div></div>

Since 1 or 2 years STI offers different color grips. This means you no longer have to take out the rattlecan to match your rifle.

frameplaceholder1.jpg

I love my black STI Edge, I've been using it for 4 years now usually 600 rounds a week and it never lets me down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueVFRank</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeremy45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buzzsaw,

Jeremy45 </div></div>

Since 1 or 2 years STI offers different color grips. This means you no longer have to take out the rattlecan to match your rifle.

frameplaceholder1.jpg

I love my black STI Edge, I've been using it for 4 years now usually 600 rounds a week and it never lets me down. </div></div>

Yikes! At $120/grip I'll keep my rattlecan handy
smile.gif
. STI Grips

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldirtdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STI offers the full dust cover rail in 5.0? Special order from the factory?</div></div>

They offered them for brief time, but I was told they discontinued the full length rail as an option. My brother and I ordered up two of the first ones at the 2011 SHOT show, and to be honest those are the only ones I've ever seen. Mine quickly became my favorite pistol to shoot!

Great looking gun! I have owner a couple of STIs and love them. They have amazing craftsmanship.

Nice pistol. I like the full dust cover also. The last time I seen that pistol with a full dust cover was when STI stopped dealing with California. Love the STI pistols. The new color is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Embarassed to say, I haven't shot it yet. Planning on it Saturday, will post range report ASAP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldirtdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STI offers the full dust cover rail in 5.0? Special order from the factory?</div></div>

They offered them for brief time, but I was told they discontinued the full length rail as an option. My brother and I ordered up two of the first ones at the 2011 SHOT show, and to be honest those are the only ones I've ever seen. Mine quickly became my favorite pistol to shoot! </div></div>

That is too bad. The full rail looks mean on the 5". I never knew it existed until this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldirtdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldirtdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STI offers the full dust cover rail in 5.0? Special order from the factory?</div></div>

They offered them for brief time, but I was told they discontinued the full length rail as an option. My brother and I ordered up two of the first ones at the 2011 SHOT show, and to be honest those are the only ones I've ever seen. Mine quickly became my favorite pistol to shoot! </div></div>

That is too bad. The full rail looks mean on the 5". I never knew it existed until this thread. </div></div>

There are many, many gunsmiths that would be happy to build you one for not much more than a factory STI costs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldirtdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldirtdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STI offers the full dust cover rail in 5.0? Special order from the factory?</div></div>

That is too bad. The full rail looks mean on the 5". I never knew it existed until this thread. </div></div>

There are many, many gunsmiths that would be happy to build you one for not much more than a factory STI costs.</div></div>

Good to know, thanks. I have been trying to hold off on the custom 1911/2011 route. I have a feeling that endeavor will likely cascade into a serious dent in my bank account after I talk to a smith and get excited about all the things i will tell myself I "need" to have. We will see how long I can restrain myself from the dark side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldirtdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Good to know, thanks. I have been trying to hold off on the custom 1911/2011 route. I have a feeling that endeavor will likely cascade into a serious dent in my bank account after I talk to a smith and get excited about all the things i will tell myself I "need" to have. We will see how long I can restrain myself from the dark side. </div></div>

You might be surprised. You can get a damn nice gun for $2500. The mags will kill you, though.

+1 on the high dollar mags !!!! I bought my gun from Shooters Connections. They had a tactical 4.0 in stock. You can order the 5.0 with full rail still. Contact Rabbit Boyett at STI, or Shooters Connection.

I dropped it off at STI on my way to a hunt, had them switch out grip frames and switch the sights. Great folks.

Still haven't shot it, was going this morning but work got in the way. I'm also about to pull the trigger on the new Springfield XDs .45ACP for my new carry gun.

Stay tuned for range report

Great looking gun. My next 1911 will be a STI for sure. They have some great quality guns.

Btw, you won't be disappointing in the XDS. I have one for my carry pistol and love it. My boss shot it and bought one too.

I've had my eye on one of these since they came out. Ended up getting a LB TRS on the used market instead. My only concern was the info I was reading about having to get the mags tuned.. which for a $60 mag, I would think they should work from jump.

Looks great!! Let us know how it shoots for sure. Interest peaked.

STI makes a great gun i have a trojan and its never jammed, most accurate gun I've ever shot. Yours looks awesome.