• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New stick / first precision gas gun...

cms81586

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2005
AZ
I picked this up a few days ago from Lawmens. I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet. The weather here in Colorado Springs is bad since a big storm just rolled through. The test target is just a hair over .5 MOA with 5rnds of Remington Match. I can't wait to run some of my M118LR handloads through her to see what it can do. I'm going to steal the Leupold Vari-X III LR M3 off of my Sako and drop it into a (GASP) Larue QD mount to see how she'll group. I'm probably going to run this as a two optic setup with the Leupold as well as an Aimpoint T-1 in a Larue LT-751 mount. I wanted a battle rifle that could double as a precision rig and I think I've found it. I sold a few rifles to get this but have no regrets. The rifle oozes of quality and the only way I was going to find a lighter rifle capable of these requirements was to get a FN SCAR-17S. The mag availability/price and reviews of poor accuracy steered me from that. I was interested in the Larue OBR and I still am. However I was looking for something without a built in 20MOA cant rail since this is not going to be a dedicated precision rig, but instead a "do-it-all" rifle. I didn't want to have to use a RISR to get a decent cheekweld. My next .308 semi auto rifle will definitely be a OBR though...I love Larue products as well!

EMC.jpg

IMG-20101230-00213.jpg

IMG-20101230-00219.jpg

CMS

Re: New stick / first precision gas gun...

Good stuff.