• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Stick , M40 Copy .....................

KIDGLOCK

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2006
FREE STATE WYOMING
Well long story short , she's mine and going to get warmed up and worked hard . I'm torn as to putting a McMillan on her or letting her ride ............

any who , .....................
M40001.jpg

M40003.jpg

With her little brother , an SPS , who has a friggen TUDE problem .

M40006.jpg

Re: New Stick , M40 Copy .....................

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tiny pictures suck... we demand grown up pics </div></div>

PB is beinging a PIMA ..........I demand grown up pics !!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">those are some sexy rifles dude!! </div></div>

Put a cheek on the M40 , its ssooooooooo friggggnnnnn sweeet .

Why is there a P rail on the M40 with a magazine? Is that a magazine? Nice looking rig but I don't know why you're calling it an M40.

I'm not griping that it's a LA, it's so close that it's hard to tell

I don't even think it is close. It's a nice looking rifle that resembles an M40 (M700). But on second glance questions can be asked. Maybe there are good answers to be had. I like the stock. The burrs give it character and less likely to warp as much like the originals. Seriously. The rifle has potential. I do like it.

Yea , its a LA 30-06 . I know the scope and rail dont match a real M40 , but its close enough for me . There is a big ,long bedding block from tang to forend in the stock . "Accurate Innovations ® walnut stock with their patent pending aluminum bedding block."

scm40-block.jpg

And from SC , "The SC-M40 was a 96% replica of the original M40 with some improvements. "

http://www.snipercentral.com/scm40.htm

I knew there must have been a good answer. It's an SC-M40 copy in 30-06? I kinda dig it. It's a modern day concept. The guys would have loved it in 1966 and that's no shit.

That is a sweet looking rifle. I have an old 700 police wood stock waiting for a barrel and action and some wood work for my M40 look a like build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Culpeper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew there must have been a good answer. It's an SC-M40 copy in 30-06? I kinda dig it. It's a modern day concept. The guys would have loved it in 1966 and that's no shit. </div></div>

I think its the only '06 SC-M40 built.

That is a good looking rifle indeed.
I personally think it would look good with a wooden cheekrest ala L42A1.

Where the hell is the range report???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where the hell is the range report???</div></div>

Well I went into work today expecting to be trucking to the east side of the state , but ended up fixing crap , then came home and repacked and looked for my '06 reloading supplys .......Maybe next week or so .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, sell the wood to me. </div></div>

You wont believe the price on the stock ............I'll trade ya a LA McMillian M40 .

I just got back from a mission and I look and find this awesome rifle. I see other people have the same idea as me. If you do decide to put her in a McMillan stock Id buy that stock from you. But anyway, great looking rifle.

Leave it alone, those stocks are awesome and cost a bundle, no worries on warping issues there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC Grunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got back from a mission and I look and find this awesome rifle. I see other people have the same idea as me. If you do decide to put her in a McMillan stock Id buy that stock from you. But anyway, great looking rifle. </div></div>

Thanks , and NO the stock stays . I'm looking for a CLOSE replica of a redfield, I bid on this one , but was outbid !! Bastard I say .

pix342484875.jpg

I'll find another ........

That is not the correct redfield, not talking about the green first generation, but that is not even a correct second gen scope

wtvr he's building a close replica to pay homage, even if it isn't 100% correct it still is a wonderful rifle quit hating, love the stock, love the finish, ignore the jealous

Nice. I like the wood stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is not the correct redfield, not talking about the green first generation, but that is not even a correct second gen scope </div></div>

Thanks for sharing MR.Obvious .

Now go clean you're cat's litter box , you're house stinks.

Dfoosking: It isn't even close, but what the Hell: It would look great and most people wouldn't even know. So, if that's what you have, Do it and shoot that bad boy.

Do a search on the M40 Build thread. The first Generation Redfields (3X9 by 40) Accurange were anodized Green aluminum tubes. If, if you can find one, you will pay big bucks! ($2,500+ – whatever)!!

The Second generation are Matte Black.

The commercial versions are gloss black. (These run from $200 to whatever the market will bare.)

Only the round glass versions were used (no widefields!)

So, depending on what your pocketbook can afford, make your choice.

If you can live with an imperfect clone, get a later Gloss Black one. Maybe see if you can spray it flat black? Your choice.

Many years ago.(1980's), my good school friend (SARCO) called me. Charlie Steen (Owner) got five green Redfield 3X9 accu-range USMC scopes in. Only problem: All of the tombstone Range indicators were melted to some degree. I think they were $50.00 apiece. I took one and did a clone, 700PSS, Glen sold the others in the store for less than $100.00 per. I tried to get Anybody to fix the range thing. But since Redfield had just closed their doors: No Luck. Sold the complete rifle and scope for $650.00. Still pisses me off!

Well, can’t win the all.

Originally Posted By: mjh
That is not the correct redfield, not talking about the green first generation, but that is not even a correct second gen scope

Your reply:

Just saw your reply on my posting I made on the Redfield scope you had been bidding on ebay
Dude,it not the obvious for some people, bad fucking mood that day or what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally Posted By: mjh

Your reply:

Just saw your reply on my posting I made on the Redfield scope you had been bidding on ebay
Dude,it not the obvious for some people, bad fucking mood that day or what?
</div></div>

Nope, I have a great rifle and an even better plan to make it the rifle I LIKE , its obvious from my post that I know what the right scope is and that I'm making do with what I have or can afford . Now , pull that string up and drive on MR poopy pants .

NOW for an IMPORTANT UPDATE !!

I need a 1 piece Lupy base for an early 700 action . The one I took off another A code action is for a later action with the higher rear on the Receiver . I have Lupey rings , so thats the first choice . Otherwise I will take a Redfield base and rings .............Check those parts bins and let me know what ya have .

Thanks .

Actually if you wasted your time bidding on that scope, you don't.

You have a real nice rifle. You have referred to this nice rifle as an "M40 Copy" but when members have questioned your components you have been sarcastic and rude to them????? Nobody has said that your nice looking rifle isn't a nice looking rifle, just that it IS NOT AN M40 COPY!!!

USMC M40 specs

Caliber 308
Action Rem Short
Stock/Copy of Varmint Special
Scope Redfield Accurange
Base Redfield 40X

Yours
Caliber 30-06
Action Rem Long
Stock Rem Classic or Model 78
Scope ????
Base ????

Yea, call me a dick if you wish but I just don't get why you post a rifle as a "Copy" then belittle any other member that points out differences like mjh has???

Again, beat me up also. I like your rifle and its components, but.....It tain't no M40 by any means.

Respectfully,
Dennis

Your right Dennis: Sort of a copy but, not what we would refer to as a M40. But, what the Hell, He likes it. It’s got a great wood stock and should be good on the range. Although the 30-06 will kick like a 03-A4.
We all realize that not everybody can afford or has the knowledge to build a clone, so this is his choice. Close, maybe or not. Its neat, but not my cup of tea.

Enjoy it for what it is , or ...........not , I dont care .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Respectfully,
Dennis</div></div>

Nice post Denny , but you havent taken a real look at some of the retarded comments . You find me a green redfield 1st gen for 150 bucks and I'll buy it .

MJH , please post some pics of your perfect copy of the M40 ???

I'll wait ...........................

I never mentioned buying a Green redfield scope for $150, I mentioned what the correct scopes were, the one you were bidding on is not even close. Theres plenty of Redfield scopes out there that will look the part,that is not one of them. As for my copy, thats all it is, I am still looking for that elusive 40X base and I suppose it would be pretty close.
For you viewing pleasure, please excuse the gloss Redfield accurange with fine crosshairs as its not correct scope but done in a pinch,nor is the rounded off Redfield base, was waiting for the Wichita swivels when I took this picture.

M40005.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Enjoy it for what it is , or ...........not , I dont care .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Respectfully,
Dennis</div></div>

Nice post Denny , but you havent taken a real look at some of the retarded comments . You find me a green redfield 1st gen for 150 bucks and I'll buy it .

MJH , please post some pics of your perfect copy of the M40 ???

I'll wait ........................... </div></div>

Well......seeing as you called me by my 'pet name' Denny I cannot help but respond
smile.gif
I see you deleted part of your first comments...???

I said you had a nice looking rifle IIRC????

Was just wondering why you referred to it as an "M40 Copy" and when questioned about its components not being correct you got obnoxious with anyone not stroking your ego?

Also I read 'every' post on the entire thread. Wouldn't have responded otherwise!!! You made reference that your 'stick' was an "M40 Copy", other than being a Remington receiver it isn't! Most everyone that posted made positive posts about your rifle just that it WAS NOT component correct for an authentic "M40 Copy" which your title stated. Nobody got sarcastic or rude until you did IIRC????

As for selling you a correct "Green" Redfield for $150 I see no reason why I would be so generous to someone that is apparently ungratefull?? Had a scope in mint condition with correct reticle etc except for finish and sold it to a desperate Ebayer for $760 when the Remington M40 copy came out. So if I got $760 from that, my adventures on the turnip trucks sure haven't made me ignorant or generous enough to sell someone with your attitude an original M40 for $150. However if you want a nice Redfield 3x9 with fine duplex and NO Accurange, just a nice clean clear scope I will sell you 1 for $150 shipped. Not correct reticle or correct finish but at least the correct model. Let me know
smile.gif

Ok, now I am done explaining myself and I didn't say anything at all bad about your rifle, just your attitude to those referring to your post heading about your rifle being an "M40 Copy"!!

Have a great day with a nice rifle and let me know if you want the scope.

Edited to add: Went and looked thinking I had an old square cornered Redfield LA base for you when you buy that Redfield scope
smile.gif
but guess I let it go with a 6 digit 30-06AI I sold a while back. Tried to potentially "sweeten the pot" for you.LOL

Respectfully,
Denny(been called worse so no internet smartass is getting a virgin, besides you're my neighbor and I was taught to be polite to strangers and neighbors)

+1 on keeping the wood. if you want to go the McM route....do it on another rifle and get an M40A1 to partner the M40!
laugh.gif

Re: "copy" or "not a copy"....I'm building an Enfield No4(T) look-a-like at the moment using either original or the best repro parts as I can find them.

I'm never going to describe it is a No4(T) or even a copy but I still get the sniffy attitude from some of the more anal anorak sections of the Enfield "cogniscenti" in the UK

IMHO it doesn't matter whether you call it a "copy", clone, tribute, look-a-like etc. as long as YOU like it, it shoots and you're not trying to sell it on as an original!

FWIW I think your rifle looks great!

I also got some shit for describing this as an "M40A1 style" rifle just because it has the McM ADJ-HTG stock, a forend rail, flush cups and M'Cam dip instead of the Woodland (which is actually under the M'Cam!)....

DSCF0253.jpg

That's M40'ish! I like it. Still, it's not a Spec Build, but who cares? Not shoot the stick! Good luck.

Ment:Now shoot the stick. Schucks, my bad my son said.