• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New stock for 700 rem tac

skydive91

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2009
Iowa City, Iowa
I am going to get a new stock for the remington 700 sps tac, but not sure what stock to get I am only 18 and dont have alot of money. Also would I take this to a gunsmith for him to set it in place, and while I am at it should I have him glass bed it to make it free floating?

Re: New stock for 700 rem tac

Save till you can afford something nice like a McMillan. "Buy once, cry once."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skydive91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to get a new stock for the remington 700 sps tac, but not sure what stock to get I am only 18 and dont have alot of money. Also would I take this to a gunsmith for him to set it in place, and while I am at it should I have him glass bed it to make it free floating? </div></div>

Spend your money on decent ammo until you can shoot better than the rifle/ammo combo then shoot GOOD ammo until you can outshoot that combo. Then you should consider doing a takeoff HS Precision or B&C with aluminum bedding block. When you can outshoot that......shoot National Level competitions.

ETA - You can also spend your money wisely on quality optics before a new stock.

Ask Santa for a new one, it's almost Christmas after all. Or what Nuke said.

You posted a similar topic in the gunsmithing section earlier today. Your going to find pretty much the same info here. If I remember correctly you dont have the rifle yet. First order should be to actually make the purchase. Then your next priority should be to learn to shoot it. Then you get to have fun making upgrades.