• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing New stock for Remington 700 ADL

cannon643

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2014
Grand Forks, ND
I’m looking for suggestions for a replacement stock for a long action Remington 700 ADL. It was the first rifle I ever purchased, in 1990, and I’d like to upgrade it a bit. It’s chambered in .270 and I would be willing to do the BDL conversion from Brownell’s. Traditional hunting style stock for around $250-300 or less. Anyone have any input? I’ve looked at Bell and Carlson, Grayboe, just can’t decide. Thanks.

Sir, you might get much better reception to your question if it was put into the Bolt Action Rifle subforum. You will likely catch a lot of flack for posting the question, seeing as how it is a extremely common question asked. A quick google search including Snipershide in the question should produce you a multitude of threads with the information you want. This here is a hunting/fishing subforum you've wandered into, a little off topic from what your looking to get. Good luck.

I’m looking for suggestions for a replacement stock for a long action Remington 700 ADL. It was the first rifle I ever purchased, in 1990, and I’d like to upgrade it a bit. It’s chambered in .270 and I would be willing to do the BDL conversion from Brownell’s. Traditional hunting style stock for around $250-300 or less. Anyone have any input? I’ve looked at Bell and Carlson, Grayboe, just can’t decide. Thanks.

It will be over the price you quoted, but look at D’Arcy Echols Shrike stock. Made by McM. He is top notch!

Thanks for the info Ghogs, the Stocky’s stock appears to fit the bill perfectly. Traditional style with probable accuracy improvements.