• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Stock. Send it back?

planalpha

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2010
PNW
I just got my Boyd's Tacticool stock and noticed that the bull barrel of my Savage touches on one side and the two front sling studs are slightly off center which causes my rifle to cant when using my bipod.
So is this par for the course with the Tacticool and I should just open up the barrel channel and move the swivel stud or should I send it back and hope for a strait one?

Thanks

Re: New Stock. Send it back?

It doesn't take much to widen the channel so that the barrel no longer touches, so that's not really worthy of sending the stock back for. Minor fitting is often required with new stocks. The sling studs being off center is a different situation though. Unless you ordered a "factory second" I would get in contact with whoever you bought it from and try and to get it resolved. Whether it's in the form of a replacement stock, refund, store credit,...

Re: New Stock. Send it back?

I picked up mine second hand from a gentleman in Texas. The fit and finish was excellent. If you did not purchase a "second" then I would certainly contact them. Seem to be a stand up company so I bet they will take care of you.

Charlie