• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New Suppressor for the Seven

Sniff

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2003
New Zealand
The can I had on my Seven .223 was a bit too long and making the rifle muzzle heavy.

It also got in the way hunting in thick scrub.

I picked up a nice new MAE stainless can for it a few weeks ago. It is much more compact and the rifle ballances much better. The can was made for .22 Magnums and isn't quite as quiet as the old one, but I just wanted something to the the edge off the crack when firing in the field.

Mod7.jpg

Both old and new cans are in the photo. Both screw onto the muzzle and you can see how much extra length the old one added.

Cans.jpg

I've since put a layer of shrink wrap over the can to both hide the shine and it also takes a bit of the ring out of the can when firing making it a bit quieter.

It cost about $200 NZ Dollars which is $116 US. And of course in New Zealand there are no regulations or restrictions on suppressor ownership or use.

Cancloseup.jpg

Boots

Re: New Suppressor for the Seven

that sucks, no regulations. i mean how are you suppose to enjoy your can without waiting 13 weeks to get approval from local state police and waiting on the big guys to approve another couple months, all the anticipation and waiting some more. You get it whenever you want, you NZ guys just don't appreciate it as much. I feel sorry for you, I am completely jealous and only $116.00, jeeze just the tax stamp is 200.

Look at the weld on the back of the can, that is nice..... it would be odd to be able to buy a can over the counter after having to jump through all the burning hoops for one.....

Keep your powder dry.....

Dave

What are your barrel length regulations in NZ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are your barrel length regulations in NZ?
</div></div>

None. The overall length of the gun must be 762mm (30"), but there is no minimum barrel length.

I have a 10" barrel on my .300 Whisper.

Even shorter ones are used by guys building replicas of DeLisle carbines and things like that.

Sniff