• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New SureFire 7.62 muzzle brake M18x1 out soon.

Kudu22

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2009
Fountain Valley CA
This is my personal TRG22 with the new MB762KN-M18x1 brake on. The brake has labyrinth seals for suppressed use and also has neutral top ports for prone shooting that keep the same amount of pressure loaded on both bipod legs. Our other brakes are off set that eliminate the high and right recoil when you are shooting in other positions other than prone. What Barry did as well on the design was to add a couple starter holes on the sides if you want to tune the brake to your shooting style and ammo. You can also increase the top ports for tuning as well. All you will need is a cordless drill and some good drill bits and tune it at the range. Go slow and do small changes and you can set the brake up just right for your weapon, style and ammo. Other brakes are coming out soon as well with the neutral porting. Note these new adapters do not work with the Gen 2 lock rings. They are strictly for the new suppressors (Gen 3)You will notice they do not have engagement teeth on the back so the Gen 2 lock ring latch will not lock onto the adapter.

MB762KN_M18X1_TRG-22_logo_.jpg

Re: New SureFire 7.62 muzzle brake M18x1 out soon.

Those look really nice!

I'll have to keep telling myself I don't need another .30 cal can.

looks like a great option for the Sako TRG and Tikka Tactical crowd.

Looks nice. Do you have a part # and ETA on when it will be in stock?

Part number is MB762KN-M18x1. ETA should be 30-60 days depending on the turning centers work load.

Yes the old adapters work with the new generation suppressors. The teeth on the adapter just are not being used by the latch on the new suppressor.

That is very nice I too am going to have to talk myself out of another 30cal can. I think the Sig SSG3000 is 18x1 also. Will this break have to be timed to the rifle or is it a split collar design and is the Gen 3 a QD or a thread on? When will the Gen 3 can be out? Is there any chance in getting one in a smaller cal like 6.5mm, then I couldnt resist.

If I have a Gen3 762SS pending approval can I mount it on the gen2 adapter and still be as accurate and reliable as the gen3 mounts?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those look really nice!

I'll have to keep telling myself I don't need another .30 cal can.

</div></div>No shit! "I don't need a Surefire, I don't need a Surefire, I don't need a Surefire, I DO need a Surefire, what?"

I actually have one in 5.56, but I really want one in .308. And I already have a .308 can!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kudu22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Part number is MB762KN-M18x1. ETA should be 30-60 days depending on the turning centers work load.

Yes the old adapters work with the new generation suppressors. The teeth on the adapter just are not being used by the latch on the new suppressor. </div></div>

Ideally, which surefire can do you recommend for a 7.62 precision weapon system?

Right now for the TRG22 it would be the FA762K...the FA762KT "Ti version" is coming soon. We do not have a over the barrel adapter in 7.62 with M18X1 threads. I have been running the 762K on it out to 600 yards lately and it is dead on.

Garin,
Can you answer my question please? ^^^^^^^

Hey KYS338 we do not have the any "new" adapters for the Gen 3 762SS. I am assuming you will be running something like the MB762AL/RE adapter. You are golden. I run the same set up on a GAP M40A5. The new adapters are not more accurate than the older ones. They have new features like the labrath seals and neutral porting. The porting only comes into play unsuppressed of course. We will do more neutral adapters down the road but right now we are focusing on weapons platforms that need adapters to begin with like the TRG and Blaser.

Good info. I have a GAP Gladius and GAP10 that all wear the same brake. I was hoping the new suppressor would not have to have a new brake installed.

Good to go. thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kudu22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right now for the TRG22 it would be the FA762K...the FA762KT "Ti version" is coming soon. We do not have a over the barrel adapter in 7.62 with M18X1 threads. I have been running the 762K on it out to 600 yards lately and it is dead on. </div></div>

Is the K model as quiet as the larger reflex designs? How much of a difference is there?

Ref threads...I have an unthreaded barrel that is getting cut/threaded. Do you believe any specific thread pitch/size is best?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kudu22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right now for the TRG22 it would be the FA762K...the FA762KT "Ti version" is coming soon. We do not have a over the barrel adapter in 7.62 with M18X1 threads. I have been running the 762K on it out to 600 yards lately and it is dead on. </div></div>

Is the FA762K and the ti version capable of handling 300 win mag?

Is there any update to the 7.62 M18x1 Brake yet?

Any updates at all on the MB762KN-M18x1 brake yet or it's titanium twin?

Joe.G

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe.G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any updates at all on the MB762KN-M18x1 brake yet or it's titanium twin?

gadget1968 </div></div>

You can place an order for the brake now but we don't have any in stock. Are you talking about a titanium brake or suppressor. If your asking about the suppressor it is on hold.

Thanks for the update

Joe.G