• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New T1X Feed issues?

1badDart

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
W. KY.
Picked up my new rifle today and after cleaning and adjusting the trigger down I decided to run a few rounds through it. It fires fine, the trigger is decent, it ejects fine but it doesn't feed very well. Anyone else having feed issues?

Reactions: Just Chuck
Just got mine and went to the range to break it in today. About 300 rounds fired (CCI SV and Federal Target) and zero issues.

Reactions: Stooxie
Shot mine for 1st time today also. Cci sv, rws r100, mini mag all feed good and shot well. Target is at 50yds.

Attachments

• 20190907_091452.jpg
    20190907_091452.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 76
Picked up my new rifle today and after cleaning and adjusting the trigger down I decided to run a few rounds through it. It fires fine, the trigger is decent, it ejects fine but it doesn't feed very well. Anyone else having feed issues?

What ammo?
Mine feeds flawlessly with CCI SV but Center X has feed issues at times.

There's a T1x thread with some info.

If you don't seat the rounds in the mag properly they can tilt too high and cause feeding issues.

I've had it happen a few times with mine, but 99.9999% of the time it works fine.

What ammo?
Mine feeds flawlessly with CCI SV but Center X has feed issues at times.

There's a T1x thread with some info.

CCI SV.

I'll try pushing the shell all the way to the back of the mag and see how it goes. The bolt picks up the shell and starts the bullet into the chamber but then binds up. I'll try to get some photos after church today.

There's a pretty extensive thread related to just this problem under the Tikka T1X thread, check out the last few pages and you'll get a feel for what others have had to deal with.

What kind of feed issues are you having? Example, is it nose up or hanging on the bullet tip when trying to enter the chamber?

It starts the shell out of the magazine then it acts like it's binding before it starts in the chamber. This cycling the bolt slow, if yo pop it seems to feed okay. I didn't check if it's shaving the bullet though.

I mounted a scope on and did some shooting, it shoots CCi SV decent but seems to like SK Std. Plus better. My best groups were less than 1/2" outside. Once I get some rounds through it I'll see what it'll do. It won't keep up with my Anschutz 1712 in 50 yard sporter matches but at less than 1/3 the price it'll make a good showing and will out shoot a lot of more expensive rifles.

It starts the shell out of the magazine then it acts like it's binding before it starts in the chamber. This cycling the bolt slow, if yo pop it seems to feed okay. I didn't check if it's shaving the bullet though.

I mounted a scope on and did some shooting, it shoots CCi SV decent but seems to like SK Std. Plus better. My best groups were less than 1/2" outside. Once I get some rounds through it I'll see what it'll do. It won't keep up with my Anschutz 1712 in 50 yard sporter matches but at less than 1/3 the price it'll make a good showing and will out shoot a lot of more expensive rifles.

Not sure if it's the lube or the CCI SV rough sizing, but CCI SV feeds a lot rougher than my Eley and SK+ rounds. I haven't had an issue feeding it, just notice it requires more force and isn't as smooth as Eley and SK+

@1badDart - I had a in feed problem too and its now fixed. Two things - I just broke the sharp edge of the barrel breech with a small round jeweler's file and some 400grit wet/dry sand paper. I believe that sharp edge on the barrel breech was scraping the soft lead bullet . . And I set action screw torque to 35 in-lbs.

I have had one jam in over 200 rounds since the mods. I've used CCI SV, SK Std +, and Center X. Center X runs the best (and most accurate).

I'm not recommending this to you - this what I did. Your results may or may not be the same.

I think I read here or on rimfire central that some people found areas at the front of the mag well that needed to be smoothed out , letting the mag top go forward just a few thousandths

Ran a match yesterday. Sucked again. But I also let my buddy use my rifle (along with another who's scope wonked out ⅔ through the match). I was running Center X and my buddy was running CCI SV. I re-torqued the action screws to approx 35ft/lbs. I continued to have feed issues although not as many. I watched the guy who used my rifle and Center X also have some feed issues. My buddy running CCI had zero feed issues.

The guy borrowing my rifle beat me by 1 shot. :geek:

Ran a match yesterday. Sucked again. But I also let my buddy use my rifle (along with another who's scope wonked out ⅔ through the match). I was running Center X and my buddy was running CCI SV. I re-torqued the action screws to approx 35ft/lbs. I continued to have feed issues although not as many. I watched the guy who used my rifle and Center X also have some feed issues. My buddy running CCI had zero feed issues.

The guy borrowing my rifle beat me by 1 shot. :geek:
Are you running it in the factory stock or an aftermarket? Perhaps the stock might be slightly out of whack?

Are you running it in the factory stock or an aftermarket? Perhaps the stock might be slightly out of whack?

KRG Bravo. No issues w/ CCI (yesterday or ever. I've run A LOT of CCI SV through it w/ zero feed or ejection issues) or a few other brands and types. Seems pretty typical of what others are seeing. Thinking about buying another to try since it seems hit or miss. I might just abandon Tikka .22 and move on to Voodoo. Pricey but very few issues and built around Center X. But I REALLY want to run the Tikka. I like it a lot.

KRG Bravo. No issues w/ CCI (yesterday or ever. I've run A LOT of CCI SV through it w/ zero feed or ejection issues) or a few other brands and types. Seems pretty typical of what others are seeing. Thinking about buying another to try since it seems hit or miss. I might just abandon Tikka .22 and move on to Voodoo. Pricey but very few issues and built around Center X. But I REALLY want to run the Tikka. I like it a lot.
Then maybe try to run it with the factory stock? I know you don't want to (if I had to switch out my KRG I'd be pissed because at that point I'd have been better off just going Vudoo), but then it might help you nail down the cause.

Then maybe try to run it with the factory stock? I know you don't want to (if I had to switch out my KRG I'd be pissed because at that point I'd have been better off just going Vudoo), but then it might help you nail down the cause.

I follow your logic, It's just others have similar/same issues in the factory stock. But I'll give it a try. (y)

I follow your logic, It's just others have similar/same issues in the factory stock. But I'll give it a try. (y)
Also, if it fails to feed with the factory stock you have a better shot at getting Beretta to fix or replace the gun. I would try to record video or lots of stills when it fails to feed. Those plus a nice note explaining that their gun failing to feed with "premium" ammo is unacceptable might get you some results...

Reactions: littlepod
I currently have three Tikka T1x 22 LR. All three started out with ejection issues, my very first one had feed issues on the last round. Two have been in my KRG stock and one "last one" started out in the KRG. I didn't see any significant change in either stock. After messing with these three and the Tikka 17HMR I have, I am a firm believer it's related to the ejector wire itself. I also had the same issue with a Sako Finnfire Range.

Feed issues can be magazine related or ejector related, from my experience, ejector related more so. Trial and error is what it takes. Take this for what it's worth but I've done this on 4 Tikkas and one Sako. I have another Sako Finnfire Range and the Hunter model that worked perfect when I got them. I have a buddy who has a T1x 22LR and his worked perfect from the start. Luck of the draw I guess.

Well, there is that 'buy once; cry once' adage...something I'm not very good at.
Also, if it fails to feed with the factory stock you have a better shot at getting Beretta to fix or replace the gun. I would try to record video or lots of stills when it fails to feed. Those plus a nice note explaining that their gun failing to feed with "premium" ammo is unacceptable might get you some results...

I sent mine back to Beretta for this problem. Took five weeks. They sent it back saying the stock was installed wrong...and the problem was still there.

I seem to have it fixed now- no recent in feed jams. I did some modification of the barrel breech to brake the sharp edges. It's been doing well so.... Got a shoot this weekend -we'll see.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I just bought a T1x. Ran probably 500 rounds though it. Lots of different stuff, nothing super expensive. Zero malfunctions and stupidly accurate with all of them. Makes shooting 22 fun again.

I have it in a T3x camo stock that I bedded for fun. Never shot it in the factory stock although it's still in a Tikka stock.

Literally can't imagine a better 22 rifle.

-Stooxie

I currently have three Tikka T1x 22 LR. All three started out with ejection issues, my very first one had feed issues on the last round. Two have been in my KRG stock and one "last one" started out in the KRG. I didn't see any significant change in either stock. After messing with these three and the Tikka 17HMR I have, I am a firm believer it's related to the ejector wire itself. I also had the same issue with a Sako Finnfire Range.

Feed issues can be magazine related or ejector related, from my experience, ejector related more so. Trial and error is what it takes.

What sort of trial an error did you do to sort the FTE issues? I'm also convinced that it is the wire ejector that is the issue on mine.

Three weeks ago I picked up a new T1X in 22LR so that my son and I could shoot NRL22 with it. The first 100 rounds or so were flawless but it has steadily gone downhill from there with typically at least one FTE per mag. I've tried CCI SV, Green Tag, FGMT, Norma Match, and Aguilia Eley Match with no differences in FTE rate. Definitely getting the best accuracy from the two CCI loads. I've read 34 of the 50ish pages of the big T1x thread and every few pages a new person chimes in with the same complaint. I've seen "smooth the extractor with 320 grit," "smooth the extractor with 550 grit," "radius the back of the extractor," and "bend the ejector wire" as possible solutions. I've smoothed the extractor and have bent the ejector as much as I felt like I safely could and am still having issues. In the 10 NRL stages shot by my son and I we had FTEs that cost us time and points in 6 of them. I have nearly 100 year old rimfire bolt guns that in the 30 years I've been shooting them have never had a single FTE so I'm a little grumpy about this. Otherwise I LOVE the rifle and really want to make it work.

Any other specific suggestions?

The match director at my latest NRL22, told me to just pull the bolt with a little more force and I wasn't extracting hard enough. I had 2 FTE in my last match, and he told me I wasn't extracting hard enough. The rest of the stages I pulled a bit harder, and had 0 FTE.

So yes, I think the spring could be fixed to be more reliable on short/weak strokes, but if you stroke it harder it'll also help.

Slickwill,

I used the medical type needle nose pliers that lock to bend my ejector. I have photos of one of mine. But, I say trial and error because my others don't look exactly like this one. So even though you get it bent like this one it may or may not work for yours. Anyway, here is how one of mine looks now. I also point out where I made the slight bend.

Capture1.PNG
1561227071767.png
1561227108743.png
0805191728a.jpg
0620191609b.jpg
0805191725a.jpg
0805191726a.jpg

Reactions: littlepod
Slickwill,

I used the medical type needle nose pliers that lock to bend my ejector. I have photos of one of mine. But, I say trial and error because my others don't look exactly like this one. So even though you get it bent like this one it may or may not work for yours. Anyway, here is how one of mine looks now. I also point out where I made the slight bend.

Thanks, that helps. I'll try that tomorrow. I did a bit of tweaking last night and then went to the range tonight. Still had 4 FTEs with around 100 rounds. I've tried pulling the bolt harder and softer with no change in failure rate. I wish the ejector was available separately from Tikka so that I could bend a few of them to different shapes and see which works best. I may source the raw materials and start making my own.

Thanks, that helps. I'll try that tomorrow. I did a bit of tweaking last night and then went to the range tonight. Still had 4 FTEs with around 100 rounds. I've tried pulling the bolt harder and softer with no change in failure rate. I wish the ejector was available separately from Tikka so that I could bend a few of them to different shapes and see which works best. I may source the raw materials and start making my own.

Shot 100 rounds today testing out CCI SV and CCI GreenTag to see if there's any difference in precision. Made sure to pull the bolt back harder and things ejected really well. Zero FTE and FTF.

Shot 100 rounds today testing out CCI SV and CCI GreenTag to see if there's any difference in precision. Made sure to pull the bolt back harder and things ejected really well. Zero FTE and FTF.

I haven't been able to make any changes based on how hard I pull the bolt.

What were your conclusions on the Green Tag vs SV? I've been shooting both of them a bunch and haven't convinced myself one way or the other.

200+ rounds so far. No malfunctions, luckily. New CCI SV and old Green Tag both shot lights-out to same point at 40 yds. Gonna start stretching its legs next.

JFR

I haven't been able to make any changes based on how hard I pull the bolt.

What were your conclusions on the Green Tag vs SV? I've been shooting both of them a bunch and haven't convinced myself one way or the other.

I didn't try the new CCI SV, I have an older box of packaging, but new CCI Green Tag. I didn't do really in depth analysis, CCI SV and Green Tag group pretty similarly, but CCI SV does have random flyers... probably due to deformities. I usually only get 2-3 tight shots with CCI SV and then 2 somewhere random. My Green Tag groups were pretty consistent.

I shot at 100 yards, and most of my CCI SV stuff had .8" to 1.95" inch groups, with an average of 1.49". I shot 4 groups of CCI Green Tag with it averaging about 1.1".

My Tikka also pulls out 1.1" average groups or better from Eley Target too, which is a chunk cheaper than CCI Green Tag.

My favorite thing about the CCI SV and Green Tag is that in my rifle the ballistics exactly match what Strelok says from 25 to 100 yards. With the other ammo I've shot it has been off by a couple clicks.

Shot 150 rounds of SV tonight. Had 3 FTE and my first ever FTF.

My favorite thing about the CCI SV and Green Tag is that in my rifle the ballistics exactly match what Strelok says from 25 to 100 yards. With the other ammo I've shot it has been off by a couple clicks.

Shot 150 rounds of SV tonight. Had 3 FTE and my first ever FTF.

What BC/Velocity do you have for your CCI SV? For me I have it at w/ 1.76 scope height.

CCI SV
BC - .115
MV - 1070

2.2 @ 99 yds
8.2 @ 203 yds

What BC/Velocity do you have for your CCI SV? For me I have it at w/ 1.76 scope height.

CCI SV
BC - .115
MV - 1070

2.2 @ 99 yds
8.2 @ 203 yds

Scope height 1.66" 50 yard zero
BC - 0.123
MV - 1070

2.0 @ 100 (verified)
7.1 @ 203 (according to Strelok don't have personal data yet). I shot at exactly 203 last night but had a 30 mph tailwind so I was high with a 7.1MRAD correction. Had to take out a few clicks.

I got my BC from Strelok. That's what they had as the listed data.

Wow 7.1 @ 203. Yeh I'm much more around 8.1/8.2. 30mph tailwind though is pretty extreme though. My Eley Target, I'm around 7.1 @ 203, but it's shooting around 1100 fps.

Wow 7.1 @ 203. Yeh I'm much more around 8.1/8.2. 30mph tailwind though is pretty extreme though. My Eley Target, I'm around 7.1 @ 203, but it's shooting around 1100 fps.
What's your elevation? I'm at 5,000ft. I'm going to try to get back this afternoon. I'll try 203 again.

Oops, just realized that I still had the wind added in with Strelok. If I zero the wind it's telling me 7.5MRAD for 203 yards.

Slickwill,

I made a similar bend last night and repositioned the magwell a bit. Went to the range on the way home from work and shot 95 rounds with only one FTE so that's a big improvement. It doesn't seem to feed quite as smooth now but I didn't have any actual FTF.