• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New TAB Gear fast adjustable sling

Blackhawk 1

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Here are some pictures of the new fast adjustable sling from TAB Gear being used by BK aka opalvom at the Mesquite Creek Rifle Match.
33x9de0.jpg

4zuis.jpg

Re: New TAB Gear fast adjustable sling

Chiller, if we are talking about the same loop, it is between the TAB tag and the buckle you see in the first pic.

I'm just slung up to move in that pic.

Any chance on upgrade, as I just picked up the Elite TAB last week, this wasn't posted on riflesonly.com as being available.

J

Cool.

Same, just ordered a new sling from RO. Ah well, il be ordering more stuff in the future anyways.

Doug,

A link to your site?

Thanks,

-Bob

I agree with Net on the upgrade. I need one for a sling I already have. I have emailed Tony and he said it is in the works.

I got to play with these at SHOT, very slick setup. I will have to get a hold of Tony for one.

Vu

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance on upgrade, as I just picked up the Elite TAB last week, this wasn't posted on riflesonly.com as being available.

J </div></div>

Probably because its not available just yet.
And the elite sling is a different animal. I would buy the new one outright instead of worrying about conversions. Enjoy both slings.

Opalvom,

With the sling like that, how are you able to use the loop and slider? I understand having it set like a VTAC, I run one on my carbine also. I can not wrap my head around using to loop section in that configuration.

Thanks,

Ken

I put my arm in the loop, push the slider down to my bicep, and tighten the sling by pulling the tail. Hard to explain without video.

I guess I'm just ass backwards, but Tony said in a PM that there will be a version for guys who use it like I do and a version for guys who use it like you (the one I have). Apparently I'm not the only one.

I'm as confused as you are because I cannot figure out how you can effectively use the QA feature with the sling reversed. I guess I am just too accustomed to the AR.

It's just user preference guys. We made a couple different models to give to some snipers running through a course at RO when we were in the developmental stages.

The outcome was that about half of the guys liked one configuration and the other half liked the other configuration. So... we decided to offer two models. One model has the QA at the back of the positional loop. The other model has the QA at the back of the sling.

I'll try to get some pics of both models in the same post this weekend.

Anyone have feedback on shooting slung up with one ie using the loop? I use a vtac on my mk12 now and it sucks not being able to use a loop. And is this loop as effective as a turner or similar system?

I have the original two point on my long rifle and it works great. I might have to try this one out some time on my LWRC rig. The webbing looks thicker than a VTAC two point.

Shooting slung up with our new QA slings is just as easy as our regular rifle slings. The front section, where you adjust and shoot slung up is exactly like our regular slings.

I just spent a week using the QAB, the QA sling with the Buckle, and the more I use the sling the more I like it. Of course I'm biased since we make them, but everyone we showed the sling to, from civi's to military shooter, really liked the way the sling works.

Hi everyone! This is my first post so I hope you'll forgive me if I'm breaking some rules that I know some other forums have. I can usually get all the info I need simply by searching and reading threads but this time I need a little more so I apologize for commenting in such an old thread. I have an LWRC REPR that I'd like to be able to use this sling with for it's apparent versatility and from what I can understand my preference is somewhat similar to Opalvom's in that I'd like to be able to operate the Quick Adjust feature like the VTAC sling (with my support hand) like you would with an assault rifle when I have my 12" barreled upper installed. However, I'd still like to be able to utilize the shooting loop with my 20" barreled upper installed like I would with any other "sniper" rifle. I understand the photos here are of an older model but I've seen some posts stating that there were models that were more accommodating to my preference. The only way I can see that though is when the rifle sling is installed backwards the newer model's cobra buckle would have to be in between the shooting loop and the rifle butt. Is there something like this? I've heard of, but not yet seen, multiple models on riflesonly.com. I'd go with the VTAC but IMO the TAB Gear Elite QA sling looks to be of superior materials and build quality and when I saw the addition of the cobra buckle I was sold. Well, obviously except for the questions I have anyway. Thanks in advance guys.