• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos New TacOps Delta 55

escopeta

Minuteman
Apr 22, 2007
Alamo, Texas
Just received a new TacOps Delta 55 in 6.5x55. Still need to get glass on it and load or buy ammo. Little over a year wait from Mike.

Re: New TacOps Delta 55

Awesome rifle. I watched an old man kick everyone's ass shooting a 6.55x55 a few weeks back. I still don't understand why it's not more popular of a caliber. I think it doesn't fit into the "latest and greatest" category for modern shooters.

I have one of those. Got mine from Mike about two years ago. You'll love it they're awesome shooters. Welcome to the club.

Nice rig and it seems to shoot as good as it looks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Playerz1337</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a thick recoil pad! I would mine having one of those on my 7mm.</div></div>
That's an adjustable spacer system for changing LOP.

Nice rifle!! Every one of these I see draws me closer to placing an order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NiceDay2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's awesome, didn't know Tac Ops did 6.5x55. </div></div>

Reckon I've seen another 6.5x55 TacOps laser on here at one point. Maybe someone else can jump in and confirm.

The more I see of you guys on here with a TacOps rifle, the more I decide it's on my bucketlist. Awesome looking rifle.

One of my dream rifles.

I would have been all over a Tac Ops a long time ago but went out and got a .50 instead.

I can wait another year or so but damn seeing this makes me want one right now!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooterman017</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NiceDay2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's awesome, didn't know Tac Ops did 6.5x55. </div></div>

Reckon I've seen another 6.5x55 TacOps laser on here at one point. Maybe someone else can jump in and confirm.

The more I see of you guys on here with a TacOps rifle, the more I decide it's on my bucketlist. Awesome looking rifle. </div></div>

Yes, you have seen one on SH. I got my Delta 55 from Mike in March 2010. It was the first ever for Mike and the Tac Ops crew.

url]

url]

url]

url]

As Mike has not supplied info for his factory rounds in his test, any suggestions as to what to start with? Mike said this rifle was going to be a his but got side tracked with work. I like to have a good factory round as a base, like I have with my Tango 51, which is Federal Gold Medal Match 168.I reload but it is nice to have a good factory round.
Tks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: escopeta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As Mike has not supplied info for his factory rounds in his test, any suggestions as to what to start with? Mike said this rifle was going to be a his but got side tracked with work. I like to have a good factory round as a base, like I have with my Tango 51, which is Federal Gold Medal Match 168.I reload but it is nice to have a good factory round.
Tks </div></div>

I believe Mike used the same reamer that he used to make my rifle. I can ask him when I see him next week. The rifle was built for the Norma Golden Target Ammunition 6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser 130 Grain Hollow Point.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=594498

I have been loading my own to match the Norma round. I am out of town right now so I don't have my load info. If you PM me I'll get it to you when I get back home.

Thanks. Appears that this ammo has been discontinued by Norma.You can PM me when you have time, as I don't want to waste a lot of money buying components. Was very pricey ammo too.
I use Lapua brass in my Tango and AR.

I use Lapua brass, Norma 130gr, H4350, and fed 210 primers. Also, I use Redding dies. When I get back I'll send you the setting depth and the amount of H4350.

Finally got a Night Force NXS in and some Lapua 139 and 123 factory loads, as well as Federal Match 123. First shoot at 200yds got 3/8" groups. About the same with the 139 and with the Federal 123. This is a "Lights out 6.5x55". She is ready for 1000yds. Wish my Tango 51 was as easy to shoot, but it is lighter and easier use.

I once heard that the 6.5x55 shoots so flat, that its almost cheating! lol

Pair that up with Mikes magical touch... and I could only imagine!