• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Tactical stock for Savage Mark II

sw99

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2004
Weld CO
I need to find out how many folks here would be interested in a new Tactical/Varmint type stock for the Savage Mark II rifles. The SSS stock is great, but I would like to see more options as do several other folks. Bell & Carlson has been producing some great stocks over the past few years and they just came out with this Tactical/Varmint stock for the Ruger 10/22:

http://shootersdiscount.com/cart/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1237

The Mark II's popularity has been booming lately and this would be huge for us Mark II shooters looking to somewhat replicate our centerfire rifles for training. I am working with them to gauge the amount of interest for possible production.

Re: New Tactical stock for Savage Mark II

That's what I was thinking... With the rising costs these days, the Mark II's are getting more popular by the day. I really think this could be a huge seller for B&C.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762SD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Savage MKII </div></div>

werd, I'll take one right now if they made it.

personally i would like to see hs precision with a mk 2 and marlin rimfire stock! i just prefer pss style with or w/o vertical grip, as i have both hs styles.......

I sent them an E-Mail 3 weeks ago about the same thing and haven't heard back from them. Not sure if they got it or not.

I want a tac/adj stock like my M700, but the varmint/tac looks good also.

I contacted them (B&C) months ago about a tactical stock for the Mark II and they blew me off big time.... Got an email back about 3 weeks latter stating that there was no demand for the Mark II, and they didn't think it was a good market....

I ended up buying the SSS stock. Wish they would do a good tactical stock for the Mark II, I'll probably buy another one to add to the colection....

I have been so close to buying the SSS stock over the past two weeks. I want to see where this goes first before I bite the bullet. I know there are several other guns that people would like to see this type of stock made for. One speed bump at a time...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd think about it, I won't buy the SSS stock because it's Laminated Wood</div></div>

Agreed! I have never been a fan of laminat stocks.

I dont know anything about the Savage so maybe one of you can clue me in. Can you replace the barrel?

For a trainer my vote would be for something like the Sako or 77/22 where replacing the barrel is an at home task anyone could do.

Never worried about replacing the barrel so I can't answer that for you. You can get these for $175 so I would just buy another and toss it in the stock. They are inexpensive, solid, reliable, heavy barrel tack drivers.

good point, besides most people will never shoot out a 22lr, screw up the muzzle or chamber yeah, but shoot it out, no

I wasnt really thinking in terms of replacing due to shooting out the barrel but rather to replace with something along the lines of a Kreiger or Liljia.

you could if you wanted, like I saidm the barrel is pinned on, it'll come off, but these little rifles shoot out of the box.

Guess I need to read up on the Savages if a stock is in the works. Like I mentioned I know nothing about Savages what sort of accuracy are you guy getting with them out of the box?

So far I'm looking at a Sako/PAI build, a really tricked out 10/22 or a Anschutz. All of these are either right at 1K or more including optics (Falcon Menace or Super Sniper). If I can get something together closer to 600-700 that would be much better.

Sort of hard to justify building a trainer to save money on ammo when you can buy a lot of reloading components and or ammo for the money that some have into their trainners LOL. Dont get me wrong I think they are really neat but its a far strech to justify it by saying ammo is expensive. I stopped trying to kid myself with that logic and want to build one for the sheer grin factor.

force,

Thanks for the link! We dont have many turtles in Eastern WA but I can find plenty of Jack Rabbits and pretend they are furry big eared turtles LOL.

Think I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread. If the BC stock materializes then it will be a done deal.

If B&C does make a stock, then a savage FV (heavy barrel, synthetic stock) will cost you like 200-250. Tack on another 200 or so for an upgraded stock and whatever scope you want and it'll be ready.

EDIT: I've only had one trip out of my FV with a factory stock but I averaged about 1" groupers @50 yards with internet saying 8-15mph winds. This is with walmart bulk packs of federals and remington and a falcon 14x ffp on top.

Price for such a handle would run $160 to $170ish.

160-170 for such a handle would be great...if only one knew what the handle would hold LOL.

Come on Gunner I'm holdin off on gettin a rimfire to see what come out next. Actualy that a lie I'm gonna get a stock for the 10/22 but I dont think the 10/22 will be as tricked out as yours. Going to save the trick stuff for a bolt action depending on what happens with these stocks.

I really can't say for sure. Can only guess at this point, but I would guess the Savage or the CZ is probably going to be built.

The biggest problem is that in both, they have differences from .17 to .22 in deminisions and or bottom metal set up. Will definitly explore a model that would except either caliber in whatever brand is picked.

I will reveiw all actions next week and probably have a decision. Keep up the recommendations fellas.

(FWIW, I would love to inlet one for a Sako, or Ruger, but man those things carry a price tag). I can't say that I won't build one, but I personally do not like the Ruger at all. Just not a fan. (I will pick up the action again and check it out as well, GRRRR).

edit

Edited because I didn't take the time to read the last part of the post. I'll go stand in the corner now. Still a good idea though
T

Yeah I really dont know why B&C would want to ask sombody else to make a laminated stock for them???

Gunner I get what you are saying and its a great idea to target something more affordable which IS after all the reason to build a trainer in the first place. You got me specing out a 10/22 and damn it got expensive quick! Sad part is I already have 3 of them but they are all fairly stock except for a heavy barrel and the stocks that you can get from wally world.

Whatever you guys end up making I'm in for one for a bolt action as well as a second for at least one of the 10/22's.

That is a good looking stock for the 10/22. Would the one for the Mark II look like it?

I would love to see one for a savage 17hmr. I looking for a good stock for mine.

If the price was right I would buy a stock for my savage mk2.

Some one correct me if I am wrong but don't the savage mk2(22lr/17hm2) and 93(17hmr/22wmr) use the same stock? I am pretty sure they do, look at any website that sells laminate stock for savages and it will say mk2/93 (or all the site I have been to do)

I would love to see a offhand style stock (my mk2 is a hunting rig not a bench gun)

Every time there is a new post in this thread, I think its in response to gunner saying its time to get our orders in.

Hell, I'll prepay right now if the mold is given the ok.

Add another to the my interest is peaked count.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Savage Mark II composite tactical stock.........

Where do I sign up for one? </div></div>

+1 here as well