• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW TANGENT THETA RETICLE - With pics and Specs - PRE-ORDER OPEN

jb1000br

Jason@EuroOptic
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2001
On my Belly
Check it out guys - new reticle specs! There has been some chatter, but now we have the finalized image/specs! This was developed in partnership with Clay Blackketter.

They are aiming for 3rd quarter delivery if all goes well, but in covid times it may push later.

LINK TO SPECS AND PREORDER

1612982493443.png

Attachments

• 1612982404436.png
    1612982404436.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 296
I'd be a buyer if I hadn't bought a ZCO 420 MPTC-1 literally last week. I wanted a floating dot, non tree reticle and TT didn't have it.

It would be interesting to see through the scope but the dots for the full mil values get lost a bit too much on paper for me.

Reactions: jbailey and rydah
It would be interesting to see through the scope but the dots for the full mil values kind of get lost a bit too much for me.
You’d have to see it in person but zooming out to how big the reticle would appear on x12-15 they get lost really easily for me.

Good to see TT offering up more reticles, the half hash marks around the center dot bug me and cause my eyes to look sideways, but its workable

Reactions: BoldCorrections
Been waiting over a month for this new reticle. Lots of hints... Thought I was going to make a massive change in reticles. NOPE... 2XR is staying.

Maybe they have time to change it... maybe.

And a $300+ up charge... adios!

Can I guy get an H2CMR?? I’ll buy a ton 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Secant
Been waiting over a month for this new reticle. Lots of hints... Thought I was going to make a massive change in reticles. NOPE... 2XR is staying.

Maybe they have time to change it... maybe.

And a $300+ up charge... adios!

Can I guy get an H2CMR?? I’ll buy a ton 🤷‍♂️
I didn't see the $300 upcharge, I'd rather have the MSR2 if that's the case, or just stick with Gen 3XR as I find it to be a nice crossover design

Reactions: straightandtrue
Looking through prototype today. It’s not too bad.

I concur. Def better in person. Which isn’t surprising. This one was a prototype. The production one will have longer hash marks from my understanding.

While I understand their reasoning behind the design, I still don’t know if I’m confident enough to fully switch over from the 2XR.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
I concur. Def better in person. Which isn’t surprising. This one was a prototype. The production one will have longer hash marks from my understanding.

While I understand their reasoning behind the design, I still don’t know if I’m confident enough to fully switch over from the 2XR.
Longer hash marks and larger dots would be good.

I'm cranking this thread up again to ask if anyone is using this reticle and would comment on it and or there comments on the dynamics of this scope altogether.
Thank You

I am using it, and like it (both tangent and jtac reticle). I used Christmas tree reticles for long time (skmr3, milxt and others) and just never felt like I used the tree. Switched to a NF 7-35 with mil C reticle and noticed I was seeing more. After switching to jtac and tangent I don’t miss Xmas reticles and do feel like I see more than ever before.

Reactions: RMS6
Does this have any kind of ranging/0.1 increments anywhere? How are you supposed to work a unknown distance stage without that?

I am using it, and like it (both tangent and jtac reticle). I used Christmas tree reticles for long time (skmr3, milxt and others) and just never felt like I used the tree. Switched to a NF 7-35 with mil C reticle and noticed I was seeing more. After switching to jtac and tangent I don’t miss Xmas reticles and do feel like I see more than ever before.
What do you use the scope for primarily? I am interested in the reticle. I have the gen 2XR on my tt315m.

Does this have any kind of ranging/0.1 increments anywhere? How are you supposed to work a unknown distance stage without that?

It’s designed mainly for typical PRS use, hence the JTAC team design. There’s rarely unknown distance. And the growing trend is to dial everything, including wind.

But, it’s still easily used for milling. If you’re needing .1 to mil range…..you’re likely in the wrong situation.

Reticle ranging past 6-700 isn’t very reliable as well as it’s already extremely hard to get perfect measurements due to edges blending with backgrounds, lighting, mirage, etc. The “noise” is already greater than .1 anyway. As well as it’s pretty easy to get close to .1 halfway between .2 anyway. We already do it for odd number holds.

I like it, a very simple .2mil design with open 12oclock and no tree. I have been preferring more open designs lately and .2mil increments have been my preference for a while now. Though, that may be mainly because I used so many for so long. In any case, the couple .25 mil increment scopes I had come though this summer didn't change the preference. The choice of dots instead of longer dashes for full mil divisions is also interesting. It dosen't show up well in the photos but I suspect it might work in practice.

It's interesting to see this was designed by PRS dude Clay Blackketter. I thought the PRS guys were stuck with the tradeoffs of having a tree due to some combination of time constrains and stages with contrived limitations on touching your adjustments. Perhaps they have stopped those stages or there aren't enough of them to matter much. Certainly, Clay would know a hell of a lot better than me.

I find this reticle particularly interesting in comparison to the PR2-mil reticle from John and friends on the Leupold Mark 5HD and the G4P from George and the other GAP folks on the Bushnell XRS3. All of these are from top PRS guys and yet they don't appear to be converging on a single answer despite the clear verdicts that competition provides and the amount of discussion that these top guys have between them at those competitions. Perhaps there isn't a single answer.

Anyone got pictures of how it actually looks through the scope yet?

Anyone got pictures of how it actually looks through the scope yet?

It’s far too thin. Very rarely have I found anything who thinks it’s “perfect.”

I very much like non tree reticles. But I’m trading mine for another gen3xr. This reticle overall is swing and miss. I doubt you’ll see them continue to make too many more. Sales are pretty low from my understanding. Hence why there are so few pics and info.

I think if they make the dots and such larger it would be a much better reticle. It has potential. It currently it’s going to be a very niche interest.

Attachments

• C717BA97-EFC5-4B31-91C2-96D2FC4982F0.png
    C717BA97-EFC5-4B31-91C2-96D2FC4982F0.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 302
  • 2F553897-C99A-48B2-A716-90A37702B842.jpeg
    2F553897-C99A-48B2-A716-90A37702B842.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 355
  • F57F85C7-868D-4BC6-88A3-4EAD2996BD5C.png
    F57F85C7-868D-4BC6-88A3-4EAD2996BD5C.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 304
Reactions: NoLegs24 and rydah

I very much like non tree reticles. But I’m trading mine for another gen3xr. This reticle overall is swing and miss. I doubt you’ll see them continue to make too many more. Sales are pretty low from my understanding. Hence why there are so few pics and info.

I think if they make the dots and such larger it would be a much better reticle. It has potential. It currently it’s going to be a very niche interest.
Thanks dude.

Yeah I get what you mean that’s a huge shame. Make the dots bigger or hollow circles and the reticle thicker and it’ll be a nice reticle.

Back up, I have been interested in this reticle for some time now and was looking for conversation on it and stumbled on this thread. So did TT ever make any changes on dot size? Any other shooter wanting to share their experiences with this reticle?

I have owned a TT with the gen3XR fine before and did feel like it would get lost sometimes, am kinda over tree reticles at this point is just nice to have it but not need it except that I never need it so looking some something “cleaner” and the new TT coyote brown is calling my name 😂. Comparison with the MPCT1?

Reactions: Misfit_
I switched from a gen 3 to this and couldn’t be happier. The smaller center dot took some getting used to but overall I am extremely pleased with it. I used to get lost in the gen 3 as well. With this one at the prs finale I had to hold over 5.7 mills on a stage and it was very fast and easy. My mover scores also improved as it was much easier under time to know exactly where I was holding. If you are considering one get with Richard at cs tactical and he will take care of you.

Last edited:

Reviving this dead thread... how was the illum on it?

I have been looking at the JTAC for a long time now but I think ZCO might have just released the perfect non-tree simple reticle with the MPCT1X. Am currently using the P5FL and although I like it very much I do wish some times it had just a lil more info.

I'm looking at this (TT JTAC) vs the ZCO MPCT1X... I'm running a Razor Gen3 (EBR-7D) but I think I actually preferred the Gen2's reticle (EBR-7C)... but if I'm going to be picky, I would just rather ditch the whole xmas-tree/screen-door altogether.

The pics from post #31 look fucking awesome to me, so open and uncluttered... but there aren't really any decent pics of the reticle I can find anywhere besides those or the TT subtension index drawing and it's hard to judge the thinness... IDK which one I want and sucks to have to spend ~$4-5K to find out lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Islas82
I'm looking at this (TT JTAC) vs the ZCO MPCT1X... I'm running a Razor Gen3 (EBR-7D) but I think I actually preferred the Gen2's reticle (EBR-7C)... but if I'm going to be picky, I would just rather ditch the whole xmas-tree/screen-door altogether.

The pics from post #31 look fucking awesome to me, so open and uncluttered... but there aren't really any decent pics of the reticle I can find anywhere besides those or the subtension index drawing and it's hard to judge the thinness... sucks to have to spend ~$4K to find out lol.
I agree the JTAC is so appeali that being said I think the MPCT1X takes the cake with its .5 and full mil markings.

Reactions: CSTactical
I agree the JTAC is so appeali that being said I think the MPCT1X takes the cake with its .5 and full mil markings.

Yeah, I like both, but I edited my earlier post to reflect that it's actually more expensive than first thought to look through both, ~$4K to test drive the ZCO, but $5K+ to see the TT JTAC for myself... sheesh.

Alas, go be poor somewhere else strikes again, hopefully, I'll find enough info to push me over the edge or see one IRL lol.

But you might be right, the ZCO might be even better: https://www.instagram.com/zerocompromiseoptic/p/C1mqYhPut-z/

Last edited:
Reactions: Islas82

The pics from post #31 look fucking awesome to me, so open and uncluttered... but there aren't really any decent pics of the reticle I can find anywhere besides those or the TT subtension index drawing and it's hard to judge the thinness... IDK which one I want and sucks to have to spend ~$4-5K to find out lol.
I'll snap some in the morning before I go to work. I looked through the zco at ShotShow. It's nice as well.

Reactions: CK1.0 and Islas82
Is it just me or does anyone else find that floating dot too small? I have the same issue with my Razor GIII.

If I had a triggercam it would probably display colors, contrast and sharpness better but I still got some good pics. Rifle on tripod aiming at the targets on the other side of my property probably 130 yards or so away at 25x mag. The brighter looking shot is around 10 minutes after the other shot as th sun was getting over the treeline behind me.
20240305_072624.jpg
20240305_072632.jpg

Again this is a cropped image but you can still see the floating dot not problem, even more so looking though it without a cell phone.

Reactions: BCX and CK1.0
Fuck, I like them both.

The ZCO immediately makes sense to my brain and having 3mils up top (and only 3mils) seems useful. The hash marks are kind of dazzling to my eyes though versus the "visually softer" (if that's even a thing) JTAC reticle's stark minimalism.

IMHO I feel like the JTAC reticle's purpose is to not distract you after you break the shot so you can more easily pick up the impact/splash... and I like that... but it seems like it might be a little too thin for those of us who never dial wind (and my mid-40s eyes). But that could just be because I'm not used to it... having the least amount of "screen door" effect possible does seem like a cool proposition, I kind of have to see it for myself in person.

The ZCO looks sick, is slightly cheaper, and 15mils per rev fucks with my head, so I'm leaning that way. Though, now I'm wondering if it isn't as uncluttered as it could be, or maybe as sophisticated as the JTAC reticle?

Hopefully, I can see one or preferably both in the wild...

Fuck, I like them both.

The ZCO immediately makes sense to my brain and having 3mils up top (and only 3mils) seems useful. The hash marks are kind of dazzling to my eyes though versus the "visually softer" (if that's even a thing) JTAC reticle's stark minimalism.

IMHO I feel like the JTAC reticle's purpose is to not distract you after you break the shot so you can more easily pick up the impact/splash... and I like that... but it seems like it might be a little too thin for those of us who never dial wind (and my mid-40s eyes). But that could just be because I'm not used to it... having the least amount of "screen door" effect possible does seem like a cool proposition, I kind of have to see it for myself in person.

The ZCO looks sick, is slightly cheaper, and 15mils per rev fucks with my head, so I'm leaning that way. Though, now I'm wondering if it isn't as uncluttered as it could be, or maybe as sophisticated as the JTAC reticle?

Hopefully, I can see one or preferably both in the wild...
I'm 41 and I don't have a problem seeing the reticle but again, that is subjective. I have used pr2, skmr3, ebrc2(I think) and this jtac. I favor the jtac. Also, I have taken a JTAC class and for 2 days we hammered in dialing for wind so it's almost odd now to go just to holdover. I ROd Clay's match this past weekend and a majority of people dialed wind after each target array. Some did hold and did fine. Again we stay in that subjective discussion.

For me, I enjoy the reticle and would like the pr3 and zco reticle as well if I ever got behind them.

Reactions: CK1.0
I have been shooting the JTAC in PRS pretty much since it was released. I really like the reticle but I would have liked to have seen 2 mils on top and maybe a dot at the .5 mil mark, but all that is just personal preference. I don’t think you can go wrong with neither of the two scopes you are looking at.

Reactions: CK1.0