• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New target scope!

coyotewillie

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2005
NE
Got my new target scope today!

malcolm.jpg

LOL! Got this for a 1903 I'm going to have made into a 1903 A1 sniper clone. I could have gone with a true Unertl but they're few and far between anymore. Quite a bit pricier too. But I'm not looking for complete originality with this, just a reproduction model so I went with the Hi-Lux. Pretty nice scopes anymore for what they are. 8x so it's not a real powerhouse but good enough for 30-06. Last scope I got was an Athlon Cronus genII BTR. I busted out laughing when I took this out of the box...about 1/3 of the weight of the Cronus but 1/2 again longer! Unbelievable how far scopes have advanced.

Reactions: 308Gunner
Well, that took a while to get some comments LOL. Probably not the target scope a lot of people were expecting! Hi-Lux is definitely not on par with S&B or NF, but it's got its purpose. This gets pretty high marks with the repro 03A1 crowd. Going to get a nice 03 set up with this yet this year I hope. When I do I'll post a picture in the Vintage section then. I'm looking forward to it even if it isn't a gazillion yard setup. Thanks for the replies!

Reactions: Birddog6424
And I thought US Optics were baseball bats, put some spikes on the end of that thing. In all seriousness, nice to see Hi-Lux cloning Unertl