• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New target setup from Precision tactical

Alan_H

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2009
washington
I just received a new target setup from PrecisionTactical LINK

Well i wanted to share some pictures of my new target and reserve a spot for a write up on it when i get a chance to shoot it.

first impressions after opening was WOW its like Christmas, all metal was painted nicely and all edges were smoothed out.
photobucket-13467-1352334701106.jpg

After i pieced it all together and found a 2x4 i snapped a few pics
photobucket-20627-1352334722831.jpg

photobucket-10017-1352334754106.jpg

photobucket-20094-1352334781677.jpg

The attention to detail is awesome, check out the etched scoring rings
photobucket-11266-1352334812615.jpg

I will be updating this post with a full range report soon.

I would like to thank Troy, Joe and Jim for this awesome target!

Re: New target setup from Precision tactical

Wow is that one of troy's targets?

The etching looks really awesome!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Almost too pretty to shoot. </div></div>

Emphasis on the 'almost'. Very cool Alan! The etching is a great idea. Total 'duh, I should'a thought of that!'.

Hmmmmm...tempting......

Looks good!

yes jake this is one of Troy's targets, as pictured its $320, and that is a 1/2" 3/4 ipsc ar500

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan_H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes jake this is one of Troy's targets, as pictured its $320, and that is a 1/2" 3/4 ipsc ar500 </div></div>

Awesome, I love it, well done Troy and gang!!!

Can you show a picture of how the target mounts onto the hanger? Specifically a shot from the side and the back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelstrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you show a picture of how the target mounts onto the hanger? Specifically a shot from the side and the back. </div></div>

Looks top me from the 2nd picture that the red arm has a 90* bend up and the target had rectangle tubing that fits down over it.

Very nice looking target. The only thing I would like to see is that on the base, that the front of the tubing extended up about 8-10" to protect the 2x4. I guess it just depends on how long you make the 2x4. I guess a piece of 1/2" or 3/4" rebar sticking up on the front of the base would protact the 2x4 well enough. Might not look as pretty though.
smile.gif

I also love these:
http://store.redstitchtactical.com/steel-targets/modular-sniper-gong-system

such a simple idea (etched scoring lines) but what a great idea.

Awesome, what else needs to be said!!!

That is a nice target and not a bad price either! Unfortunately the shipping kills it for me..

Nice looking target! Will a tent stake fit the anchor holes on the base legs?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ed-209</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking target! Will a tent stake fit the anchor holes on the base legs? </div></div>
There is enough weight, you won't need stakes.

I own a pile of targets, 9 full size IPSC's, 12 Head banger style, and some others. This looks to be by far the most portable setup I've seen, nice!!

If a person is to leave them out, I would opt for a metal upright.
I do understand there is a certain amount of labor involved, but these are pricey IMHO. It just limits the amount one can buy.

I'm staring at my next shop product. Well done!

Great target Jim.

Can the scoring lines be etched on an existing target?

Rory

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great target Jim.

Can the scoring lines be etched on an existing target?

Rory </div></div>
Hi Rory, yes we can install scoring rings on existing AR
Steel

Well i finally got to shoot this target and so far im very impressed!
while i only got to get about 30 rounds on it the 2x4 took ZERO damage, not even any splash hit it. seems a 36-48" 2x4 is perfect, and the target rings like a bell! i even hit it with a couple .308 subs @ 300yds and it sounded like hitting a cow bell!

more range time to follow