• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Terry Cross KMW 308

blklabs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2009
Huntsville, TX
I picked this up used here. The specs are:

Surgeon 591 action (few thousand rounds)
Kreiger 19" 1-11 twist barrel with Surefire brake (new and unfired)
Rifle Basix trigger set at 3#
McMillian A5, Adj Length of Pull, non adjustable cheekpiece
Harris Bipod w/Pod Loc
Eagle OD stock pack
TAB Biathlon Sling
Premier Heritage 3x15x50 with Gen II Mildot
Seekins 34mm Low rings.

IMG_6702.JPG

IMG_6703.JPG

The only thing left to add is a Karsten cheek rest, and Badger rings when they come in.

I finally got out to do some load dev with it and it shot both 44.7 gr of Varget and 45 gr of Varget almost to the same POI. Lapua brass, Fed 210M primers, 178 AMAX, 2.8 COAL. Unfortunately my chorno was not cooperating, but it should be around 2650. The 45 gr load shot really, really well. Since it was only a 3 shot group, I won't post it but I am considering leaving the load as is. Or I might load from 44.7-5.2 gr in .1 gr increments. Any suggestions?

My dad was out working and he stopped to see how it was going. I stopped shooting and we walked 50 yards over to his spillway to look at some rock he had put on it, and low and behold this guy was sitting under the corn feeder. I ran back and grabbed the rig and set the bipod on a stump, knelt down, made use of the tab sling and waited till he turned broadside. One shot, drt. The AMAX crumpled him, the only thing I saw move on him was his tail flip a couple of times so I put a round in his neck when we drove up on him with the 45. I put the Les Baer on him for a frame of reference. We think he is 225-250 or so.

photo14.JPG

Needless to say, I am really pleased with the rig and can't wait to load up some more, find my load, and stretch its legs a little.

Re: New Terry Cross KMW 308

That rifle and 1911 are sick! very nice

Hey that is a sweet rifle.
laugh.gif

Glad to see you are putting it to good use.
I have some M40A3 badger rings if you are interested.

Cheers,
LS

I will drive down to Huntsville and take both those off your hands no questions asked, save you the shame, LMK.

DesertMonkey does the rifle look familiar lol. The Premier is a 34mm scope.

427, I am ready to shoot again against that funny stocked stick of yours.