• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New thing from savage?

coulthard_west

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2008
new orleans la
I called savage today to order a new bolt face for my model 10fp today mad they told me I had to be an ffl dealer in order to order one. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Re: New thing from savage?

yeah... Savage is weird on some parts... some are dealer only, others you have to have a serial 3 from a gun that uses that part

Does anyone know what new bolt rifles Savage will be coming out with for next year?

Yes, PTG makes them... but I hate they are so freakin pricey!!

Order from MidwayUSA.

DK

Sounds familiar.
I swapped a 7mm 08 to 223 a while back and the only part I couldn't find via midway or brownells was the extractor. So I called savage, had to have ffl to get it. Thank goodness I know a fella at the local toy store.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Order from Midway or Brownells...</div></div>

Tried this. Brownelles said they don't carry the one I need and midway is back ordered until October. Luckily my gunsmith has one in his shop. I'm trying to get rid of my extraction issue or lack there of.