• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Tier One ATAC Bipod

FF180C31-DD4C-4BC2-AE89-160E5E115FBA.jpeg

Reactions: lash and Misfit_
Except almost every person that runs a Ckyepod hard I know has had them blow up/fail. Ckyepods are great for what they are, but they aren't the most durable or robust design.

MDT sends out ALOT of repair parts for Ckyepods. It must be baked into the cost.

I haven't managed to break mine, nor have any of my buddies. We're all in the 15-20lb range on the rifles though, so maybe not heavy enough?

I can't see breaking them short of being flat out abusive.

Reactions: reubenski
I recently purchased an ATAC and will be posting a review soon on my YouTube..

But heres what I would say about it in brief..

- For the price, you won't find the same functionality on any other bipod.
- It's perhaps not as well made as an Atlas, the tolerances are a little looser.
- The legs don't need a button pressing to extend, but can be extended quietly using a button. Better than an Atlas in that respect as you don't need to fiddle with a collar.
- You can't LOCK out the pan/Tilt, but with a podlock you can tighten it down alot. I'd say a podlock is a must as the supplied nut you can't get anywhere near enough tension on and it will loosen off eith 1/2 tilts back and forth.
- The buttons for adjusting the Leg Splay are small and spongy, very disappointing given the other buttons give good positive feedback.

Overall its an ideal hunting/smaller competition bipod.

The Atlas being comparable in price and also being a bipod I own doesn't come close to the amount of flexibility, but it is of better build quality.

I'd say if you can afford an MDT, get one. If you can't, or don't want to spend that much, or want something smaller/lighter.. then the ATAC is good.

Last edited:

- It's perhaps not as well made as an Atlas, the tolerances are a little looser.
- The legs don't need a button pressing to extend, but can be extended quietly using a button. Better than an Atlas in that respect as you don't need to fiddle with a collar.
- You can't LOCK out the pan/Tilt, but with a podlock you can tighten it down alot. I'd say a podlock is a must as the supplied nut you can't get anywhere near enough tension on and it will loosen off eith 1/2 tilts back and forth.
- The buttons for adjusting the Leg Splay are small and spongy, very disappointing given the other buttons give good positive feedback.

Overall its an ideal hunting/smaller competition bipod.

The Atlas being comparable in price and also being a bipod I own doesn't come close to the amount of flexibility, but it is of better build quality.

I'd say if you can afford an MDT, get one. If you can't, or don't want to spend that much, or want something smaller/lighter.. then the ATAC is good.
Did you get the long or short one?
The long (230mm/9”) seems like it’d be better for field shooting, (180mm/7”) seems like it’d be too short unless used on a bench, but you could just splay the legs out to get lower anyway.

Did you get the long or short one?
The long (230mm/9”) seems like it’d be better for field shooting, (180mm/7”) seems like it’d be too short unless used on a bench, but you could just splay the legs out to get lower anyway.
I had this exact argument with myself and ended up getting the 180mm... my logic was I can get the Leg Extensions to make the legs longer, but can't make them physically shorter...

On completely flat land, with the legs at 50 degrees, I've found the first detent brings it up to the most comfortable height for me... that detent is at 195mm leg length

I had this exact argument with myself and ended up getting the 180mm... my logic was I can get the Leg Extensions to make the legs longer, but can't make them physically shorter...
I was thinking the longer would be better, so I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts after some real world use.

What is the leg length when extended? The website doesn’t really say.
Where did you purchase it from?

I purchased direct from Tier One EU (I'm in UK).. its worth pointing out I have an AI AT which are quite tall themselves so that probably adds another ½inch to my starting point above most other rifles.

Directly from my notes for the review... The legs can be extended through 4 positions from 180mm, to 195mm, 210 mm, 225mm and finally 240mm.

So I guess the 230mm would extend through, 245mm, 260mm, 275mm and 290mm assuming the detents are same distance apart.

I purchased direct from Tier One EU (I'm in UK).. its worth pointing out I have an AI AT which are quite tall themselves so that probably adds another ½inch to my starting point above most other rifles.

Directly from my notes for the review... The legs can be extended through 4 positions from 180mm, to 195mm, 210 mm, 225mm and finally 240mm.

So I guess the 230mm would extend through, 245mm, 260mm, 275mm and 290mm assuming the detents are same distance apart.
Thanks.
What’s the deal with the legs together position, seems like it‘d be completely useless.

Reactions: Scotch_egg
So my only thoughts with this would be if you were on an extreme slope and couldn't get enough cant, you'd be able to raise one side.

The ATAC release video implies you could use it as a foregrip..... never say never I guess.. but no.

On the subject of cant btw.. you have about +/-25 degrees Pan based on some basic triggernometry and about the same Cant.. haven't been able to exactly measure the cant.

Last edited:
So my only thoughts with this would be if you were on an extreme slope and couldn't get enough cant, you'd be able to raise one side.

The ATAC release video implies you could use it as a foregrip..... never say never I guess.. but no.
I can’t help but think a slightly wider stance would be 1000x more useful but I guess then it’d be a near exact copy of the Ckyepod.

Seems like a nice lighter weight and cheaper option but not quite as good as the Ckyepod.
I’m going to be visiting the UK in a few months and might pick one of these up.
I’d like a double pull Ckyepod but the local price on them is absolutely insane, this would be around 1/3 the price.

I’ll keep a look out for your video review.

Reactions: lash and JayjayUK
I can’t help but think a slightly wider stance would be 1000x more useful but I guess then it’d be a near exact copy of the Ckyepod.

Seems like a nice lighter weight and cheaper option but not quite as good as the Ckyepod.
I’m going to be visiting the UK in a few months and might pick one of these up.
I’d like a double pull Ckyepod but the local price on them is absolutely insane, this would be around 1/3 the price.

I’ll keep a look out for your video review.
That's pretty much exactly how I'd sum it up. If you remember the fact it's ⅓ the price of the Ckye Pod.. its good.

Compared against other bipods around its price point, it has the Leg Splay adjustment making it far more versatile.

Reactions: beetroot
That's pretty much exactly how I'd sum it up. If you remember the fact it's ⅓ the price of the Ckye Pod.. its good.

Compared against other bipods around its price point, it has the Leg Splay adjustment making it far more versatile.

The link posted above says the ATAC is $420

That isn't 1/3 the price of the standard ($600) or lightweight ($700) CkyePod here in the US. More like 60-70% of the price.

Heck, the "ELR bipod" plus barricade stop is on sale and actually costs a few dollars more than the CkyePod that it is an almost exact copy of.

Last edited:
Reactions: AleksanderSuave
I paid £330 for mine in UK. CkyePod is £730. So okay nearer 45% the cost. Even then, significantly less.

The link posted above says the ATAC is $420

That isn't 1/3 the price of the standard ($600) or lightweight ($700) CkyePod here in the US. More like 60-70% of the price.

Heck, the "ELR bipod" plus barricade stop is on sale and actually costs a few dollars more than the CkyePod that it is an almost exact copy of.
In the US/Canada the price will be much closer.

Here in New Zealand the double pull Ckypepod is 1800 NZD, I'll be able to import the Tier one for less than 700 NZD. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison butI was wanting to buy the double pull so thats why I used it as a comparison.

Reactions: lash and JayjayUK
In the US/Canada the price will be much closer.

Here in New Zealand the double pull Ckypepod is 1800 NZD, I'll be able to import the Tier one for less than 700 NZD. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison butI was wanting to buy the double pull so thats why I used it as a comparison.

Yeah, I see that now. It looks like Tier One has a US site just for us Americans, where the prices are higher than the EU site that ships to the rest of the world.

And the international site doesn't seem to have an option to ship to customers in the states.

Yeah, I see that now. It looks like Tier One has a US site just for us Americans, where the prices are higher than the EU site that ships to the rest of the world.

And the international site doesn't seem to have an option to ship to customers in the states.
It's much the same the other way around.

Sometimes it'd be cheaper to fly to the states and bring something back in hand luggage than to pay to import it.

Welcome to life outside of the USA.
Atleast you can buy the Ckyepod for a reasonable price, if I were in the US I'd just be waiting for a MDT blackfriday sale.

Reactions: lash and Tx_Aggie
Except almost every person that runs a Ckyepod hard I know has had them blow up/fail. Ckyepods are great for what they are, but they aren't the most durable or robust design.

MDT sends out ALOT of repair parts for Ckyepods. It must be baked into the cost.
What are people doing to damage ckye-pods?

Genuinely curious. I haven't been really involved in PRS for a few years.

My Ckye-pod has been solid, but not shooting much matches these days. It does require some maintenance, but I've never been concerned about breaking one.

Since MDT didn't invent the cyke pod, why do people think Tier 1 UK is 'copying' them. :unsure:

Since MDT didn't invent the cyke pod, why do people think Tier 1 UK is 'copying' them. :unsure:
They worked with the buy who invented the thing, I'm guessing they bought the design off him or atleast pay him something, either way they didn't copy it.

First minute of this video explains it fairly well.

What are people doing to damage ckye-pods?

Genuinely curious. I haven't been really involved in PRS for a few years.

My Ckye-pod has been solid, but not shooting much matches these days. It does require some maintenance, but I've never been concerned about breaking one.
In my case, nothing - it was sloppy out of the box, and MDT seemed to think that was acceptable, and that I should pull it apart to fix it.

Couldn't sell it fast enough ...

My Tier-One Evolution, on the other hand, is rock-solid, and a thing of beauty. If the ATAC has the same attention to detail, it would be interesting to compare it not only to a Ckye Pod, but also the TBAC.

Overall its an ideal hunting/smaller competition bipod. Сheck it out. The Atlas being comparable in price and also being a bipod I own doesn't come close to the amount of flexibility, but it is of better build quality.

I still like Atlas better! Because of its appearance and functionality!

Reactions: kmckinnon
Appearance, I'm with you.

Functionality very much depends on your intend function for it. If you're going to use the 45 degree aft or stowed aft positions on the Atlas alot.. then it obviously wins, if not, the ATAC has better functionality.

Had one these and strongly disliked it, tons of flex, not that stable. Fire saled and went with lightweight ckyepod, mo betta. Way happier. My tier one evo was purchased upon initial release, maybe they were updated after, idk. But the tier one stayed on the shelf, and my original heavy ckyepod went on back pack hunts with me. I'd take the 12oz penalty and stability, over cool looks and light weight wobble any day. My buddy sold his as well. Legs were like springs. However the fella I sold it to, likes it a lot. Different strokes for different folks.

Appearance, I'm with you.

Functionality very much depends on your intend function for it. If you're going to use the 45 degree aft or stowed aft positions on the Atlas alot.. then it obviously wins, if not, the ATAC has better functionality.
Where did you buy your ATAC from?
Any recommendation of UK retailers to purchase through?

What I would say is order a podlock too!

If you watch my first PRS Stage using it, the amount of tension needed to stop it tilting is quite alot.

So much so the podlock could almost do with being a bit longer for extra leverage.

I hadn't tightened it anywhere near enough and it was loosening itself off throughout.

I honestly was very disappointed in MDT double pull, sent that down the road in a hurry. Atlas cal is solid but those collars are annoying, accu Tac are decent but I hated the deploying of the legs. Best by far I’ve tried is TBAC, and it’s not really even a close contest imo.

I honestly was very disappointed in MDT double pull, sent that down the road in a hurry. Atlas cal is solid but those collars are annoying, accu Tac are decent but I hated the deploying of the legs. Best by far I’ve tried is TBAC, and it’s not really even a close contest imo.
What didn't you like about the double pull?
Seems like its just a bigger version of the normal ckyepod

What didn't you like about the double pull?
Seems like its just a bigger version of the normal ckyepod
To me it seemed too loose and sloppy. The height of the double was still to short for a decent kneeling or sitting position. In the prone the Tbac is just way more solid. I don’t shoot PRS though so there is that.

So has anyone else used the ATAC yet?
I bought one while on holiday i the UK.
Ive been back a few weeks and played with it a tonne and used it at a match yesterday.

I like it a lot.
I've not got a Ckyepod but have played with one a bit and it seems to be just as good. Definitely an upgrade from my Harris (yes I am still a Harris fan), other than being slightly slower to deploy I didn't miss the Harris at all.

I ordered the 230mm ARCA version, and got the podlock and spiked feet.
Not sure if its going to be better value for people in North America over a Ckyepod but I definitely saved a lot of money even buying the extra accessories.

Reactions: Dobermann
I have the ATAC arca pan & tilt model with 7" legs. Below are some thoughts I have on this product in no particular order. I do not own a Ckyepod, I've only played with them. I've mainly compared the Tier One ATAC with the bipods I do own currently which is a TBAC, several Atlas and one Harris.

- Features are all there. Stance width, leg extension and leg deployment controls are all pretty comparable to what you would expect at this price point. controls are easy to activate and is pretty durable.
- Legs are not spring loaded for the ATAC though I think some other models have this feature.
- Leg extension can be deployed without press of the button or you can push the button for silent deploy.
- The legs have some twist when the extension button is held down, this twist can cause the sliding motion to pause when retracting if you're twisting the legs.
- Bipod handles load pretty well, there is some slop back and forth when not loaded but no different than any of the ATLAS models.
- The ARCA adapter comes with a pan feature that I personally don't need. If there was a ARCA adapter that does not have pan I would've gone for that. The pan feature tension is not adjustable but it is very tight, so I can easily ignore it.
- The tilt adjustment knob is barely usable without a pod lock which is sold separately. The knob is very small and hand tightening it is not enough to keep the tilt function stiff. Until my pod lock showed up I wrapped a towel around it and cranked it tight with a wrench. Do not buy this thing without the metal lock pod accessory. I don't believe Ckyepod ships with pod lock either?
- The thing ships in bubble wrap and a card board box with no literature. Not complaining, I think my TBAC showed up in a plastic bag stapled shut with cardboard.
- Shipping from UK to VA was 6 days from ordered to my door.

Overall I'm pretty happy with this thing. I don't expect to use the stance adjustment much and for my money I would've been happy buying another TBAC bipod. For anyone that would utilize the stance adjustment I think this thing is pretty great for $420 + $25 metal pod lock.

Yes I know I'm running a MDT chassis with a knock off MDT bipod ;)

20230702_170617.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: JayjayUK
My video review is just about ready to release on YouTube.

Last edited: