• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear New Tikka Super Varmint

SquirtgunsRule

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2022
Idaho
New into long-range shooting and purchased the Newer heavy barrel Tikka Super Varmint in 300 Win Mag, wondering how important it is to change the stock to a chassis?

i'd shoot it as-is and see what if anything is holding you back. generally i think a chassis will be less prone to flex, plus all sorts of attachment points for bipods, tripods etc. And prob more adjustable for LOP and cheek height.

Shoot it as is until you find out why you would want to change it.

Recoil, adaptability, looks etc are all valid reasons but they may or may not make a lick of difference to you. You say you like it as is, I wouldnt waste money without a need. Maybe throw in the aftermarket lower weight trigger spring for 15 bucks since its chump change but I wouldnt change much until you figure out what you dont like about it.

Thanks, indeed I do like the stock, it just seems like everyone wants to build a tank around a 300 Win Mag.

Why do they call it the varmint and offer it in 300 win mag?

Light rifles are hard to shoot well, light magnums are abusive without a very good brake.

Adding weight results in less "this gun don't shoot" returns.

Reactions: SquirtgunsRule
Why do they call it the varmint and offer it in 300 win mag?
I suppose just because it has Tikka's varmint weight barrel.
-------------
As others have said, if you like it as is, don't fix it. If you want to change something, there's all kinds of options out there.

I have one in 223. The stock is legit. Way better than the Tikka black stocks. And it comes with a good 2 stage trigger.

For trigger reference, I own Bix n’ Andy Tacsport Pros, a Kidd Supergrade, and an AI so I know what a great 2 stage feels like. I wish the Tikka had a slightly lighter pull weight, but the feel is excellent. I prefer a wider trigger blade but the Tikka has a narrow blade.

I like the rifle enough that I sold a stock Remmy 700 5r 20” stainless tactical after I got it. I am now a Tikka believer.

I have one in 223. The stock is legit. Way better than the Tikka black stocks. And it comes with a good 2 stage trigger.

For trigger reference, I own Bix n’ Andy Tacsport Pros, a Kidd Supergrade, and an AI so I know what a great 2 stage feels like. I wish the Tikka had a slightly lighter pull weight, but the feel is excellent. I prefer a wider trigger blade but the Tikka has a narrow blade.

I like the rifle enough that I sold a stock Remmy 700 5r 20” stainless tactical after I got it. I am now a Tikka believer.
Yes my father used to have a Custom Sako it was absolutely beautiful with Engravings on the Woodstock and the barrel. No one can finish like the Finnish. I'm just glad I can afford a Tikka

Attachments

• 20221224_112746.jpg
    20221224_112746.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 20221224_015250.jpg
    20221224_015250.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 80

Barrel length please?? Thanks