• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Tikka T1X w/New Ejector Report

*rim-star*

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2014
Here's some info on the new Tikka 22s with the fixed ejector, got the chance to actually try one. The ejection is 100% with Lapua, SK, CCI SV, Eley Match did have 3 or 4 out of 50 that didnt clear the action. Fired cases are ejected about 1 to 2 ft. I had read where you have to cycle the action briskly for good ejection, I did not find this to be the case with this rifle, you could work is slow as possible and the fired cases still cleared the action just fine. Rounds seem to not line up real good before entering the chamber, they dont get seated fully into the bolt face till the bullet starts entering the chamber, it was not shaving lead that I could tell but did make a small bright spot on the underside of the bullet, I am looking into that now and if I come up with a fix I will post it here. Any suggestions on this issue welcomed as well. Accuracy was on par with other Tikkas I have, good match ammo produced excellent accuracy, Lapua Center X and Midas + seemed to be the best, other mid grade ammo did decent as well.