• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Tikka Tac A1 day...

Mbennion76

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2019
Hi Folks!

Since I’m in California, it’s been 233 hours since I paid the money. In 7 more hours, I can bring her home.

First 6.5 Creedmoor chambered rifle! First European rifle, so decided to take this very European. Scope, mounts, and rifle. I decided to go Kahles 5-25x56 with 20 MOA Spuhr mounts. SKMR3 reticle, left handed windage.

I have a Magpul MIAD grip already laying around, which I had planned to swap. Also have some Magpul PRS laying around, but a bit scared by what I heard about voiding warranty. I emailed Beretta and got an answer that did not make anything clear. Case by case basis and such. Prob leave the stock alone.

I also ordered a Yo Dave trigger spring. Hoping to bring the weight of the trigger <2#.

For funsees, I ordered a pretty new bolt handle. Glades armory - hope I’m a lucky customer and receive what I ordered.

I have 4 other rifles with the SurrFire muzzle break that’s also a mount for things I may acquire should I ever leave this state. Figured I should just standardize here too, but it does come with a big muzzle break. Anyone have a position on these, one way or another?

Any advice for new Tikka day guy?

Anyhow, 10 day waits are torture. Pics coming soon. Can’t wait to see what it/we can do.

I LOOOVE my Tac A1. Go shoot it. Learn to reload if it interests you. I'd go w/ the Sterk swept handle instead.

Love the Spuhr mount, I have one, and the scope. I went w/ the more vertical Magpul K2. Although the factory grip is very good.

Why a new chassis? I ask because I also am considering moving mine into a Bravo. But then I ask myself; why did I buy a Tac A1 to just dump the chassis. My solution; build another Tikka. ?

Ditch the brake, although it's a good one, and get a Ultra 7.

Here's a pic of mine until you can get a pic of yours up.

IMG_0088.jpeg
IMG_0089.jpeg

Just shoot it!

I love my .308 A1. Kept it as-is outta the box, added a scope, and took it out to a 2 day LR class in the NM desert. It did everything I asked of it and it performed flawlessly. Even with desert dirt blowing all over it, bolt was so smooth it made me smile every-time I ran it.

I would try the factory break before ditching it. It may not look the best but it is very effective. I would also give the trigger some time before messing with the weight. It is on the heavier side than I was used to, but it is smooth and breaks cleanly and predictably. After a few range sessions I don't even notice the weight anymore at all.

Enjoy it!

Very nice! I’m jealous of the can. Def not an option here. What did you mount on the bottom of the foregrip area?

I already saw where the stock knocked the receiver. Was thinking that I might swap just the stock to the PRS, but it isn’t worth it. Going to shoot it out of the box to make sure I don’t add some bad variable anyhow. Ultimately, I’ve also been carrying around these extra parts and I keep wanting to bolt them on to something :). I think your idea is right, just build another!

Definitely want to reload... after apartment life ends...

Reactions: Wags
Just shoot it!

:) was planning on ditching work tomorrow to do just that.

Definitely plan to get a feel for stock and make sure any changes happen in slow steps. Don’t want to stack variables and wonder for my entire life.

Great advice :)

I had also picked up a bunch of boxes of Hornady 140gr ELD Match. Was going to break in the barrel and sight in with it.

What did you mount on the bottom of the foregrip area?

It's a Magpul Manfrotto clamp for tripod work. I'm going to replace it an add an ACRA rail.

Hi Folks!

Since I’m in California, it’s been 233 hours since I paid the money. In 7 more hours, I can bring her home.

First 6.5 Creedmoor chambered rifle! First European rifle, so decided to take this very European. Scope, mounts, and rifle. I decided to go Kahles 5-25x56 with 20 MOA Spuhr mounts. SKMR3 reticle, left handed windage.

I have a Magpul MIAD grip already laying around, which I had planned to swap. Also have some Magpul PRS laying around, but a bit scared by what I heard about voiding warranty. I emailed Beretta and got an answer that did not make anything clear. Case by case basis and such. Prob leave the stock alone.

I also ordered a Yo Dave trigger spring. Hoping to bring the weight of the trigger <2#.

For funsees, I ordered a pretty new bolt handle. Glades armory - hope I’m a lucky customer and receive what I ordered.

I have 4 other rifles with the SurrFire muzzle break that’s also a mount for things I may acquire should I ever leave this state. Figured I should just standardize here too, but it does come with a big muzzle break. Anyone have a position on these, one way or another?

Anyhow, 10 day waits are torture. Pics coming soon. Can’t wait to see what it/we can do.

CA laws blow donkey dick that's for sure. I hate 10 day waits, ammo background checks and not being able to ship ammo online. 13 years and counting until I retire and leave this wretched place.

Anyhoo, we do have some good ranges. Hope you dig the Tikka.

Reactions: Mbennion76
I LOOOVE my Tac A1. Go shoot it. Learn to reload if it interests you. I'd go w/ the Sterk swept handle instead.

Love the Spuhr mount, I have one, and the scope. I went w/ the more vertical Magpul K2. Although the factory grip is very good.

Why a new chassis? I ask because I also am considering moving mine into a Bravo. But then I ask myself; why did I buy a Tac A1 to just dump the chassis. My solution; build another Tikka. ?

Ditch the brake, although it's a good one, and get a Ultra 7.

Here's a pic of mine until you can get a pic of yours up.

View attachment 7136314View attachment 7136315
What grip is that? I’m looking for something more vertical or closer to trigger. Thx

Reactions: Mbennion76
You think 10 Days is rough?
I waited half a year for it since ordering it.
And roughly two years to get the money and the wife on the right track.
But that was to some expense my fault. My Firearms Dealer told me the delivery time and I was ok with it. Could also ordered one of the net, but my dealer is better priced and I have a contact person.

Tikka in .308 24" with Kahles K624i
20190812_133101.jpg

You think 10 Days is rough?
I waited half a year for it since ordering it.
And roughly two years to get the money and the wife on the right track.
But that was to some expense my fault. My Firearms Dealer told me the delivery time and I was ok with it. Could also ordered one of the net, but my dealer is better priced and I have a contact person.

Tikka in .308 24" with Kahles K624i
View attachment 7136812
They are good looking rifles. Lots of Atlas’s paired up too. We all have great taste I guess. :)

I waited that long for some LWRC’s I ordered. Definitely hard to wait that long.

Now that I’ve got it, I have to wait for the work week to end to go make it go bang.

They are good looking rifles. Lots of Atlas’s paired up too. We all have great taste I guess. :)

I waited that long for some LWRC’s I ordered. Definitely hard to wait that long.

Now that I’ve got it, I have to wait for the work week to end to go make it go bang.

I had holidays so i could start next day.

Since I'm now broke, its till now an AmazonAtlas for 30€. I'm impressed what the chinese can do with slavery work..

• Angry
Reactions: Wags and b6graham
Love my Tikka! 6.5CM lefty for me.

Lit the lamp on the 1 Mile target 4x yesterday without having ever done more than pull a boresnake through it for maintenance. ~300 rounds so far.

I tried swapping the stock for a PRS that I have on the shelf and gave up. Yes, the Tikka has an "AR style" interface but you'd have to D/T a receiver extension (buffer tube) for a screw to limit rotation and it just doesn't mate up as well as I'd like.

The only "mod" i've done is the ARCA rail from Sawtooth Rifles.

IMG_9566.jpeg

Love my Tikka! 6.5CM lefty for me.

Lit the lamp on the 1 Mile target 4x yesterday without having ever done more than pull a boresnake through it for maintenance. ~300 rounds so far.

I tried swapping the stock for a PRS that I have on the shelf and gave up. Yes, the Tikka has an "AR style" interface but you'd have to D/T a receiver extension (buffer tube) for a screw to limit rotation and it just doesn't mate up as well as I'd like.

The only "mod" i've done is the ARCA rail from Sawtooth Rifles.

View attachment 7137123

Congrats. I’ve lobbed bullets at 400 yards with my .308 (rem 700 sps tactical - 20” barrel). I hadn’t really done long range right (level scopes and other important details)... mostly 200 yards seemed long. Excited to try 1000+ and really learn the ways of the force. :)

Good to hear the PRS mod wasn’t worth it in the end. Thanks for the advice there.

+1 more for Atlas!

Reactions: Tim_WNC
I had holidays so i could start next day.

Since I'm now broke, its till now an AmazonAtlas for 30€. I'm impressed what the chinese can do with slavery work..

I totally coulda ditched today, but didn’t know until I came to work. Long weekend next week, so it’ll happen. Waiting after waiting sucks :)

This hobby ain’t cheap!

F Class?

I've shot out to 600 there last November.
No, you shoot F-Class over on the highpower range. The long range precision rifle match is shot on the Silhouette range. On my range card you see the 2, 3, 4, & 500 meter distances, in yards. There are about 16 steel targets of various sizes plus two steel coyotes. You shoot the course three times. This match is usually shot on the third Saturday each month. Contact RJ Dussart - 303.898.0301

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Well, I finally got a chance to shoot. It didn’t disappoint. 60 rounds today total. It took 2 to get on the paper, 5 more to get zero’d (more or less). I put 10 in a group with some knob twists early in that session. Mostly shot 5 round groups. Mid day I did something dumb with my zerostop on the vertical turret and had to re-acquire vertical zero. My Tikka made me look good - it was a lot the rifle for sure. I was shooting off of an Atlas bipod and the accu-shot monopod. 140 gr Hornady ELD Match. It was awesome but still had some reticle dancing as I squeezed. I had backed the trigger out and it was ranging from 1.5 - 1.8 lbs. It’s got a long first stage - very different than my other rigs with dual stage.

I got it home, cleaned it up and installed my YoDave trigger spring. Down to 14 oz average trigger pull. It almost might be too light for the single stage feel. That “wall” is ever so slightly detectable. Been drooling over a Bix’n Andy - i understand its a single stage (which I like).

Can’t wait to go put another 60 down range tomorrow. I always had a stinking flier that ruined an otherwise epic group. I know where that blame goes, but I cant wait to try the feather of a trigger...

6740044C-3BDE-410D-AC1B-54844B48AA1F.jpegD3EE2117-D5CF-4324-89C4-BBBB36C725F7.jpeg1AF6643D-BFA4-47A7-9600-0C989721D9CA.jpegB337CFAA-D501-444E-9E83-5383AE15ECA2.jpeg509DB161-3F49-4049-861B-332E86D658D6.jpeg

Forgot to share - I got the new bolt handle. Watched some YouTube’s, read some instructional words in the manual... I can’t get the original handle to come out. Itll start (with encouragement) and give maybe 1mm. Haven’t gotten after it much (would be silly to bust something while changing something decorative). Does bother me as I know this must come out, to service the firing pin (not that I’m likely to have to).

Forgot to share - I got the new bolt handle. Watched some YouTube’s, read some instructional words in the manual... I can’t get the original handle to come out. Itll start (with encouragement) and give maybe 1mm. Haven’t gotten after it much (would be silly to bust something while changing something decorative). Does bother me as I know this must come out, to service the firing pin (not that I’m likely to have to).

Had an epiphany - not sure if it was right or not (could have been previous encouragement stacked up). I kept pressure on the end of the firing pin. Once that remained “in” (previous efforts had it “extended” and no longer “jiggly”). Anyhow, a little more encouragement and it backed out a bit. I then got a little leverage and it popped out. New part went in easily.

9A554429-24E5-4D36-9BFD-AF732BC6DDC2.jpeg

FF0CA81C-AA7D-4596-9055-037D154AFC13.jpeg

4D57B84B-2D78-4B7D-9718-2BE93AD69950.jpeg24235D52-E597-4918-82B6-CC100E2A03CE.jpeg

Shooting from bags instead of sticks. 14 oz trigger was also helpful. Played with my .308 some too. Felt bad - was thinking how much I loved my Tikka while holding my Rem 700. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: silentheart
Thanks for the thread. I just ordered the Tac A1 in 6.5 CM which should arrive at Bass Pro-Shop next week. Debating whether I top it with my S&B 3-20x or the Kahles 6-24x. Let me know what ammo you get the best consistency with.

Just go shoot it! It's pretty darn okay out of the box. For me, I adjusted the stock trigger and fit the rifle and it worked great. I like the stock grip.

Now that the load work up is done It's so reliable. I just take it out and shoot it and every time the results are great. I have about 2000 rounds through my 24" 308.

So just picked up my Tikka Tac in 6.5 CM. I haven’t taken it to the range but looking forward to seeing how it shoots. Build quality out of the Box is excellent. Replaced the bolt handle and topped it with a S&B 3-20x. Will post a range report next.
8F901376-46A8-424A-AF6C-BBDE5FFF8C23.jpeg

I just put in a YoDave Trigger Spring. This is awesome for 10 bucks! 2 stage retained and before I had my trigger adjusted way down in the range. Now it's adjusted to the mid range and it's lighter and more defined.

Reactions: Jethatsme