• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Tim Click 308 "Gladius Style"

rwest309

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Artesia NM
Finally one for my stable.

Surgeon RSR
Surgeon 20 MOA Base
Surgeon KMW Bolt Knob
Surgeon DBM System
Fluted Rock 1-11.27 tw Chambered .308 Match
10 Round MORTA Mag
Surefire Brake
Rifle Basix Trigger
McMillan A5 Adjustable in Desert Camo Terry Cross Hardware
Bedded in Marine Tex everything Graphite Black Cerakote
Leupold MKIV M3 3.5-10X40 with FFP TMR Reticle

Should be a shooter in a nice, balanced, handy little package.

Range report whenever the wind stops blowing 70+ here in NM. Thanks to Hemiram347, Brownells, Surgeon, JW Precision, and JBWIII I was able to get all the parts for this build in a weeks time and Click only made me wait 2 more. Opinions?

Oh and I have been fully advised that the wine upside down in the sun is bad juju. My wife thinks it looks cool so....there you go.

Re: New Tim Click 308 "Gladius Style"

18.5" from the recoil lug to the crown. With the brake it is a shade over 20 inches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the barrel length?
That is a sweet looking package there.</div></div>

one thing a guy should never say to another guy
blush.gif
... just begs way too many questions

LOL you usually wont get an accurate measurement either.

It is 31 inches 33 with the head...I mean the brake. HA HA HA

I have a 19" coming next week. I have been waiting for a shorter barrel rifle for about a year and finally have one.

I am really beginning to like the 20's and belows. They are growing on me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dare I ask how much you dropped on this nice rig? </div></div>

I lost count after about 3k

the RSR was about a grand with the knob / rail
the bottom metal was 350 or so
the stock was 750 or so
the trigger was 120 or so
the barrel was 410
the scope was 1400 or so
the brake was 150 or so
about 4100-4200 in parts / scope etc
plus Clicks machine work bill for chambering / headspace / buying the match reamer / cut off / crown / turn down / thread for surefire / bedding / enlarging barrel channel in stock / fitting / finish etc.

I guess over 5k

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rwest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oh and I have been fully advised that the wine upside down in the sun is bad juju. My wife thinks it looks cool so....there you go.

</div></div>

Hahaha...

Nice rig.

Im hoping to break it in tomorrow if the wind is not too bad.

The chances of that are not too good though.

I also would like lower rings. These are TPS mediums.

I think some lows would be perfect.

I think today is looking good. Should be off to the range to break it in here shortly. Not alot of wind so far today but that could change at any time. I will post a range report hopefully this eve.

All you need now is a podloc and some ammo!

Shot a couple of 3 shot groups with black hills match 175's.

first one was .172

second one was .372

Total of 9 rounds fired and the wind started blowing a steady 25 mph with some gusts of 37-40...so I quit and went home.

It shoots though.

I love the surgeon dbm. I have some rifles with other dbm systems but this one is definitely the finest of them all. The Morta mag works flawlessly in it also. Either finger operates it and the mag falls out effortlessly. I initially thought the fence around the mag well would be bothersome but it is not.

Perfect fit finish and function.