• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New to 6.5 Creedmoor Looking for Advice

Shynloco

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2021
Apple Valley, CA
Hello,
I've had years of experience reloading for bolt guns and shooting Benchrest at local competitions. But just bought a 6.5 Creedmoor on an AR 10 platform that is a mix build between Aero Precision and JP Precision. I will be shooting only 100 yds from a bench (my eyes aren't what they once were - aging is such a wonderful process). I've been reading as much as I can regarding good powders and it seems H4350 seems to be a very popular powder pushing between 123 - 140 gr bullets. Thanks to past years of reloading for several caliber, powders and primers are not an issue for me. Now today, a friend suggested I try 136gr Lapua Senars (sps) being pushed by RE 16. But he uses that load in a bolt gun, not a gas gun. Now I have a good deal of 130 & 140 gr bullets and some in between. But I'm intrigued by the Lapua 136's and was curious what any of you EXPERIENCED shooters/reloaders think or can suggest where I should start my ladder using RE16. With H4350, I plan to start at 40 gr and build from there. I welcome comments and suggestions to teach this old rook something new. Thx folks!

40 is a good place to start with RL16. I use a lot of it. You will likely see more speed with 16 and typically I can run more 16 than 4350 without pressure. I think it is a better powder than 4350. Going off memory, I think I was running 40.8 with a 140 at 2730. It was a nice load, not hot at all.

Im in the same boat as you. Waiting on my first 65cm ar10 gasser, older guy vision issues, wanna shoot past 300 yards…ETC. I can’t find any 136 sceners but do have stock in 139s. I’ve seen both do really good in a buddys 65cm gasser with lapua brass of course. I’m hoping my gun will shoot good with 130-140s, but will probably stick with 139s or 140s. Im hoping I can get good results with staball65 powder b/c I only have a pound of 4350 left. I have some re15 and have read some use it also but re16 is best.

There you go. I’ve seen them no where else for months. Get em while you can. Funny I just baught a scope today and spuhr mounts from EO but never really watch them for bullets. Ready to see if they have some 65 Berger hybrids LOL

There you go. I’ve seen them no where else for months. Get em while you can. Funny I just baught a scope today and spuhr mounts from EO but never really watch them for bullets. Ready to see if they have some 65 Berger hybrids LOL
Only in 153.5 gn