• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear New to AI platform. Comp trigger question

LC 6.5 Shooter

Apollo 6 Creed
Supporter
Minuteman
May 29, 2018
League City, TX
I tried searching thos and apologize if it’s already been asked. Got my very first AI platform ever this weekend.

I was trying to find some videos of the comp trigger adjustment. I saw Franks @lowlight trigger video but I dont believe it was a comp trigger he was highlighting. But in his video it seemed after hitting the wall on the first stage the second stage was crisp break with no travel. On my current setup (factory set) there is some travel on the second stage prior to firing. Is this normal on a comp trigger.

Also when looking at the mile high website at the comp trigger the description says it can be configured to a single stage trigger. Is that correct or am I miss understanding that? Id love to adjust it to a crisp no travel single stage if possible.

Is it supposed to be able to use an aics mag that I use on my impact actions? When trying one wont lock in. The other locks too high and the bolt hits it when trying to close.

Don’t know what AI rifle you have, but odds are that you need the AIAW double stack mags, not the AICS single stack magazines

I would ask in that thread… gonna get a lot better exposure there. My comp doesn’t have any travel in the second stage and it’s a clean break but it was set like that from the factory.

I would ask in that thread… gonna get a lot better exposure there. My comp doesn’t have any travel in the second stage and it’s a clean break but it was set like that from the factory.
Thanks

I sent the video to AI and they said it definitely shouldn’t be doing what its doing. Will be shipped to them today. Ill provide an update when I get it back. Never dealt with AI but so far they have been responsive, apologized for the inconvenience and said it would be taken care of.

I tried searching thos and apologize if it’s already been asked. Got my very first AI platform ever this weekend.

I was trying to find some videos of the comp trigger adjustment. I saw Franks @lowlight trigger video but I dont believe it was a comp trigger he was highlighting. But in his video it seemed after hitting the wall on the first stage the second stage was crisp break with no travel. On my current setup (factory set) there is some travel on the second stage prior to firing. Is this normal on a comp trigger.

Also when looking at the mile high website at the comp trigger the description says it can be configured to a single stage trigger. Is that correct or am I miss understanding that? Id love to adjust it to a crisp no travel single stage if possible.

Is it supposed to be able to use an aics mag that I use on my impact actions? When trying one wont lock in. The other locks too high and the bolt hits it when trying to close.
Based on my own experience with the comp trigger, what you're experiencing is not normal. As for adjusting it to be like a single stage, you can remove enough of the first stage take up to make the trigger effectively a single stage. That was the reason I bought one. However, from my personal experience it isn't worth doing. Once I got it to feel exactly how I wished, and it was quite good, the trigger was not reliably safe. I would get either trigger release from dropping on the stock even from as low as 2-3 ft or I would get failure of the trigger to reset and sometimes I would have to re-cycle the bolt to reset the trigger. The comp trigger runs great in 2 stage mode however. No issue with reliability or safety. I don't recall with absolute certainty, but I think Mile High or one of the other vendors had instruction posted on how to reset the trigger back to it's factory state if you FUBAR the adjustments.

Yeah its on its way to AI to get the creep out of the second stage. Not gonna mess with trying to make it single stage.

Will adjust the pull weight down a tad on the second stage when I get it back.