• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events New to competitions........

Schw15

Longrange
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    Not new to sniper hide but i would be very new to shooting competitions. I do alot of long range steel shooting with buddies out to 1900 yards. Not looking for prs style but more the hunter series or even something close to king of 2 mikes but not out to that far. I live in southern Colorado so where is the best place to jump in to a comp. Im not trying to get to serious just want to try something new.

Nrl hunter match in Farmington, NM in March and Laramie mid April. I believe raton nm has some long range stuff and pueblo runs matches, but only out to 600 yards.

So is it as simple as go sign up and register on the website pay my fees and I just show up and shoot. Probably pretty stupid questions I played traveling basketball and did tournaments all over just don't know how this shooting competition stuff really works

Yup, its that simple. Nrl hunter requires LRF and has some rules. Prs/nrl type is known distance, I know you said you were against prs/nrl matches but look up Wyco prl on Facebook. Local matches with $40ish entrance fee and its great to test gear and yourself before jumping into nrl hunter.

If you ever feel nervous at a match, you really shouldn't. Any guy is willing to let you borrow their bag or look through their spotter. Good matches at cheyenne near carson and pawnee.

I have some Sig 3000 bdx Laser Rangefinder by nose a big Athlon spotting scope tripod my rifles I have a pack and a few bags. Guess it's probably a good idea just to get out there and try it I will for sure check that out I don't have Facebook but I will borrow someone's to check that out

Yup, its that simple. Nrl hunter requires LRF and has some rules. Prs/nrl type is known distance, I know you said you were against prs/nrl matches but look up Wyco prl on Facebook. Local matches with $40ish entrance fee and its great to test gear and yourself before jumping into nrl hunter.

If you ever feel nervous at a match, you really shouldn't. Any guy is willing to let you borrow their bag or look through their spotter. Good matches at cheyenne near carson and pawnee.
    The hunter class ones are the ones you walk and hike to a stage then have to find target range it shoot it. What is nrl?

Nrl and prs are organizing bodies. Nrl hunter is what nrl came up with.

There is a fun match outside of Kansas City called King Of KC. It is a prone hit to advance ELR style match match. It is held in the Fall each year.

check out pikes peak precision . com or on facebook.Second saturday Ft. Carson. out to 1200 yds. next match the 12th. Spots open.

Reactions: ThePretzel

Wuhan flu dependant , on hold as of now

Wuhan flu dependant , on hold as of now
    Yeah new Mexico is pretty intense on the rules right now i dont see it changing.

The night force elr steel challenge looks awesome. Has anyone done that one?

Try to RO for a local match. Its a lot of fun and you get to learn how to run the course of fire. Or how not too. Haha

Check out Western Colorado Precision Shooters on FB. We shoot monthly matches on the 4th Saturday of each month at the awesome new Cameo range just outside of Grand Junction. This is where the Hornady Precision Hunter match was held in August 2020, which gave rise to the new NRL Hunter series. And we will host the Grand Slam this year. Usually $45 for non-member shooters. Our monthly matches are a great way to get feet wet if looking to just get into precision rifle.

Check out Western Colorado Precision Shooters on FB. We shoot monthly matches on the 4th Saturday of each month at the awesome new Cameo range just outside of Grand Junction. This is where the Hornady Precision Hunter match was held in August 2020, which gave rise to the new NRL Hunter series. And we will host the Grand Slam this year. Usually $45 for non-member shooters. Our monthly matches are a great way to get feet wet if looking to just get into precision rifle.
    That would be awesome. So they do local hunter series matches? I do not have facebook so i gotta borrow someones or something everything on fb now haha thank you

That would be awesome. So they do local hunter series matches? I do not have facebook so i gotta borrow someones or something everything on fb now haha thank you
    Most of the time the stages for our monthly matches are pretty typical NRL/PRS style precision rifle comp stages, but we are planning on throwing in some “Hunter” match style blind stages periodically. Our matches typically consist of 6-7 stages, 8-10 rounds per stage, people show up around 8am to confirm zero, and we try to finish by 1pm or sooner.

Most of the time the stages for our monthly matches are pretty typical NRL/PRS style precision rifle comp stages, but we are planning on throwing in some “Hunter” match style blind stages periodically. Our matches typically consist of 6-7 stages, 8-10 rounds per stage, people show up around 8am to confirm zero, and we try to finish by 1pm or sooner.
    I finally looked at that shooting complex in Grand junction wow what a place. They also have some pretty cool shooting comps like the lrp master challenge and some jackpot stuff seems relaxed and pretty cool. But a 5 hour drive haha

Reactions: SuperChop