• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New to forum

Gravity_Knight

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2011
Colorado
youtube.com
Hey,

Been lurking for a while, lots of reading. Many of my google searches end up here- Figured I might as well sign up.

Been shooting here and there since I was a little guy (28 now). But have gotten very addicted here lately when I bought my Remington 700 sps tactical 308.
Most of my money goes towards drag racing so I have tried to keep this setup affordable. Went with a Millett Tactical 4-16 x 50mm scope, on an EGW rail etc. and a few other goodies. I live in the country in Colorado so I have 80 acres. I have built my own range, been out to 550 yards so far and hope to squeeze 800 out of my land. I built two steel targets and will probably add a few more eventually.
I have tried some different ammo but right now I've been happiest with Hornady SST Superformance 165gr, and some of their other match bullets.

I have quite a few other guns, and hope to buy some more. Right now trying to decide if I want to go for a 7mm mag, or a 300 win mag.

I have spent countless hours reading everything I can. I can't believe how much I have learned from reading and shooting here in the last few months... and I keep learning more.

Anyway, I'll quit rambling, just thought I'd say hi!

- Todd

Re: New to forum

Welcome, this place is great and the people here go out of their way to help others. Hell if your stranded in a place somewhere in a desert and one member lives 50 miles away, well they would probably come and help you. Love this place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome , is that you riding that bike half way to the moon ? </div></div>

It is... been riding since I was 5 but sold my bike. Hard to get rid of it, but I'm done hitting ramps and needed the money for my car project.

Thanks everybody for the welcomes!

I am out east of the Springs about 30min.

Thanks for the link. Some enjoyable sounding competitions around. I had no idea. I need to get my confidence up a little higher before I come out to something like that though
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Granity_Knight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the link. Some enjoyable sounding competitions around. I had no idea. I need to get my confidence up a little higher before I come out to something like that though
smile.gif
</div></div>

Best way to learn is to come out and try it. Really. The guys that attend these things are the true gentlemen of the shooting sports and will give you all the help you need. There's nothing like hanging around 25+ excellent shooters to improve your personal game.