• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NY700

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2009
Dallas
So I recently picked up a glock. A good ole gen3 glock 17. Appears to have more holster wear than anything else and even has glock night sight that still glow

opened the case to find the usual paperwork and envelop with test round. So I was curious and opened the envelope and I was surprised to find steel case ammo.

is that normal for glock

all the other pistols I’ve owned always had typical brass and I was just curious. Clearly not a big deal just surprising.

Didn't realize Glock made any other pistol besides the G20...

It's used... who knows who placed the steel case in the envelope... another idea- providing cases for LEO- that solved zero crimes.....

I have not heard of glock providing steel cases for the test fired LEO thing....

But money is money and ammo has gotten scarce a few times....

Enjoy the new pistol

Hey, look! Another guy who doesn’t know how to shoot a combat pistol! :ROFLMAO: ;)
Like dis, rite?
gun7.jpg.eaef7cd10b82d5e1326f296fadb5ce98.jpg

I had an aluminum case with my gen 4 G17.

I hate Glocks, I really do...but damn can I shoot a G17.

*edited because my dumbass said steel for some reason (must have been tired)...checked...its aluminum.

Last edited:
I don't want to like them, I want to like M&P but I shoot Glocks more accurately so that's what I shoot. Kinda like an ugly chick that puts out, back in the day anyways.

It’s funny I’m in the same boat

for years I had a tendon issue that made the grip angle painful. I had surgery a few years ago and now I find that I shoot that exaggerated grip best. Go figure
Same here. Countless Glock draws and presentations later and I find myself pointing my “nice” guns way low.

My gen 3 Glock 20 came with a steel case as well.

Enjoy. I prefered the 19 and 26. Something about the balance of the 17 was not to my choice. But I did well shooting them.

But into the gun snobbery, ready to make fun of Glocks and Glock fan bois.:D

Enjoy. I prefered the 19 and 26. Something about the balance of the 17 was not to my choice. But I did well shooting them.

But into the gun snobbery, ready to make fun of Glocks and Glock fan bois.:D
I have been turned into the one thing I said I would never become.....a Glock lover. I had to wait two months and drive over an hour just to find a store that had a 43x.

Reactions: Remington_Steel