• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New to me .308 Tikka Varmint Questions

hmmngwy

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2008
NE Florida
I recently started shooting a Tikka Varmint in .308. Love the rifle, extremely accurate, however, tt recoils noticably more than my Savage .308 with a Duramax stock, or at least I can feel it more.

Any recommendations for a replacement stock or recoil pad? I like the stock, just want more cushion.

I bought the rifle used and it did not come with instructions. How do I adjust the trigger?

Lastly any favorite loads for this particular rifle?

Thx

Re: New to me .308 Tikka Varmint Questions

Limbsaver makes a pad to fit the tikka stocks. Pretty sure you can find it on the site and think I've seen them at cabelas site.

The trigger adjusts with a hex wrench near the trigger. It can be done with the stock on, but is much easier with the stock off.

Tikka's website has the manual for download.

Not much for aftermarket stocks. Manners and Mcmillan inlet for tikkas. No other choices that I am aware of unless it's a custom job.

Re: New to me .308 Tikka Varmint Questions

Thanks gentlemen. The rifle is definitely a shooter, much much better than me. A little tweaking to make it more comfortable to me and some trigger time and I'll be very happy.