• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New (to me) Centurion Arms upper BCG seems tight?

3O8Junkie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2011
The Great NW
I noticed tonight while cleaning up my new (to me) Centurion arms 14.5 upper that the BCG will slide down to the locking lugs then it needs a little help getting home. The bolt itself seems a little tighter in the BCG than it does on my Noveske N6, is this normal? Is it possibly really dirty or just needs to be "broken in"?
To be clear, if I hold my Noveske muzzle down and let go of the BCG (Noveske factory BCG) it drops home into the locking lugs like it should. If I do the same thing with my Centurion arms upper (BCM BCG) it drops down to the locking lugs and stops. It needs to be pushed into the lugs the last 1/4 or so. It doesnt take a huge amount of force or anything, but it seems strange that it responds differently than my Noveske.
This is admittedly my first AR15 but I have been running the Noveske for a couple years now with no issues so I am not a complete idiot when it comes to the AR platform, but I will be the first to admit I could be missing something obvious.
The Noveske has a few thousand rounds through it and the Centurion only 1-200, (by someone else) I have not had the opportunity to shoot the Centurion yet, as I am waiting for my buffer tube and stock to arrive.
This is my first AR15 but I would assume they would be essentially the same when it comes to how the BCG and bolt interact in the rifle. Is the tightness something to be concerned with or should I just go out and shoot the damn thing an see how she runs?
I would even go so far as to say that my Noveske is/was much dirtier than the Centurion to my eye if that helps anything.

Let me know what you guys think.

Re: New (to me) Centurion Arms upper BCG seems tight?

If there's no galling on the lugs I'd shoot it. I've got a Stag bcg that when new the cam pin had to be rotated and pulled out with a pair of ignition pliers. 1000 rounds later, no problem. BTW, it was purchased after that cocksucker was elected the first time.