• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New to me... Marlin/Glenfield Model25

z71rat

Gunny
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2004
Whitney, TX
I just got back from a trip to Texas to see my family. While there, I asked my Dad if he still had his old Model25. He said yeah, so I went searching the house for it.

Dug it out of the closet and found the extractor broken, trigger spring jacked up, and the magazine missing. So doing my usual thing, I set out to get it fixed up for him so we could go shoot. I got everything functioning again, and handed it to him. He was thrilled about it finally working again. He then said, "Since you did all that work, here is your present... Happy Birthday!!" Just too cool!!

So now I have me a "new to me" trainer, and did the rest of my touches to it. Tweeked the trigger springs a bit more, buffed the sear surfaces, modified the bolt handle as it sat WAY to close to the stock to work it quick, and threw some Krylon Camo at it. Got my scope and rings mounted up, and added a swivel stud for the bipod.

I like the way it turned out, so now I have a good stick to throw some lead at the Smiley's, and to start shooting the monthly SnipersHide Rimfire Competition. I have no doubt it won't do what Carter does with his, but it is going to be just good 'ol fun anyways...

DK

Trainer001.jpg

Trainer002.jpg

Re: New to me... Marlin/Glenfield Model25

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I thought it was super cool of my Dad to do that. I just wished we could have gone to the river to shoot, but it just didn't happen. He will be 78 in September, and his health is declining. Hopefully I will be able to get back there and actually shoot with him. I was planning on getting a Savage for my trainer, but this will definately do the trick, and I love the rifle and the price tag!!

The scope is actually an Accupoint 3-12x44 EZTap Tactical that I bought specifically for a trainer. The glass is actually quite clear considering the manufacturer. Turrents have some backlash, but not terrible. The side focus works pretty well too, and can be focused down to 10 yards.

So far, I like it enough that if it had more power, I would more than likely have used it on my 10PC. My eyes have made a drastic turn for the worst this past year, and I am definately wanting to have more power for the longer ranges. 12X will do just fine for my 50-100 yard shots with it.

DK