• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New (to me) Surgeon switch barrel

Bear24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2012
Oklahoma
I have been shooting a FN SPR in 308 that has gotten my feet wet in the practical precision shooting but it was time for something better.

what I have so far:

Surgeon 591r
Mcm A5A
Badger bottom metal
medium palma contour in:
6.5 creedmoor
6.5 RSAUM
7 RSAUM all chambered by SAC

I should have the rest of it together to shoot this weekend including:
Vortex Razor HD
tuned old style factory rem trigger

I'm ready to get behind her!

Hell of a jump from the FN huh bud? That is a very nice setup you have now. Come back down to the house and we can play with it.

That is quite a nice set up you have there.. 4 barrel switch bbl set up.
What do you have for a barrel vise and action wrench? I have Surgeon's wrench now, just
curious if you 've found something that works better..

Hell of a jump from the FN huh bud? That is a very nice setup you have now. Come back down to the house and we can play with it.

Man, I have a soft spot for the FN and after handling some custom/semi-custom guns its hard to believe that the FN is a factory built rifle because it is on par with quite a few custom action (non surgeon) and better than some trued remys.

That is quite a nice set up you have there.. 4 barrel switch bbl set up.
What do you have for a barrel vise and action wrench? I have Surgeon's wrench now, just
curious if you 've found something that works better..

I'm all new to this and the only thing that I have changed a barrel on is an AR...... BUT I have a Davidson barrel vise and a surgeon action wrench in the mail that should be here today. I wanted to try out the Davidson because I have read some good stuff on it and David Tubbs uses pretty much the same thing. It is also very portable and could swap a barrel almost anywhere with the vise and a C-clamp.

Davidson vise:
Davidson Barrel Vise : DAVIDSON BARREL VISE | Brownells